GeneralZodLives--Collection SDCC 2015 Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GeneralZodLives Collection of Various and Wondrous Things

Really nice collection. I love the Punisher display, he's awesome.

And your artworks are amazings too, I like almost all of them.

Cheers. :)

Really nice collection. I love the Punisher display, he's awesome.

And your artworks are amazings too, I like almost all of them.

Cheers. :)

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my collection.

There will be quite a few updates in the next month. I'll have a couple more figures coming next week, and I got a new painting in the mail today but need to get it framed so it may be awhile before it's ready to hang. Plus, I got myself my first life-size bust for my birthday in June--it'll be here at the end of May so I'll open it early.

awesome collection mate, love the punisher display

awesome collection mate, love the punisher display

Thanks! The Punisher armory always catches my eye when I walk in my room. For such a simple build I am really happy with it. I'm still fighting the urge to add more items--adding shelving below the pegboard would let me put more stuff in it but I don't think I'll change it until I get bored with the current setup.

SS Catwoman, Bruce Banner, and Robin are all arriving next week!

Re: You will KNEEL before my collection!

I'm going to try to do a big update with the first posts to show how my shelves look now. Thinking about resizing the pics for a fast load and taking them out of the spoilers. In the meantime, here are some new figures I got this week.

Hot Toys Bruce Banner -- I really like the figure but will probably never display him with the full suit. He's going to end up in Tony's workshop.

ht banner full (427x640).jpg

ht banner half (427x640).jpg

Sideshow Collectibles Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure -- Still blown away by Sideshow's DC Comics Line. She's a great figure with fitting accessories. Definitely glad I picked her up. Now I need a Black & Grey Batman to go with her.

ss catwoman sixth full (344x640).jpg

ss catwoman sixth half (391x640).jpg

Last edited:

Got the first 3 posts finished--updated/resized photos and added some new ones!

Got the Hot Toys '66 Robin figure! Just a couple quick shots right now. I'm not sure how I'm going to pose him and Batman together yet--so many possibilities.

robin full (427x640).jpg

robin close (427x640).jpg

I also finally kitbashed a Breaking Bad Heisenberg figure. I'm still playing around with him but I'm really happy with it for what it cost to make him. More pics will come as I finish up his display.

heisenberg full (427x640).jpg

heisenberg close (427x640).jpg

Also, the first 4 posts are resized and updated (except for the Robin and Heisenberg figures).

Tomorrow is a big day--LIFE-SIZE SUPERMAN BUST IS COMING!!!

SUPERMAN LIFE-SIZED BUST IS HERE!!!

I couldn't wait to get home after work to get this out of the box.

IMG_0209 (427x640).jpg

IMG_0210 (427x640).jpg

It is GIANT (yeah, I know--LIFE-SIZE but that doesn't really register until you see it in person) and I was surprised to see that it fills the box from top to bottom.

IMG_0211 (427x640).jpg

I collect what I want to own--NOT what I'm planning on selling. I'm not one who searches for low #'s of an edition-size. However, I will admit that it's a nice little thrill to get a low number when you're not expecting it. #0068 of 1500!!!

I will admit that I didn't even notice that the number of the bust is on the shipper box until after uploading these pictures. I was so excited I just wanted to get it unpacked and didn't read past "Superman Life-Size Bust".

IMG_0212 (427x640).jpg

Barely fits on top of my Detolfs. I was actually really nervous that it was going to scrape the ceiling because after looking at it I didn't trust the measurements I made, lol. Not sure if this is his final resting place but it will do for now.

IMG_0214 (427x640).jpg

I literally can't stop looking at it. I may have gotten myself into some trouble delving into the life-size category for the first time because this piece is blowing me away!

IMG_0215 (427x640).jpg

Love the Superman bust. Congrats!

Been through your pics over and over and while they are all incredible (that Superman bust is exceptional) I keep coming back to the Punisher set up. The simplicity of it is awesome! You've inspired me to spend more time with my collection!

I Bow to No Man nor Kneel to any Collection :lol:lol:lol

BTW Excellent Acquisition on Supes my Friend Zod

Be Cool
Al

Love the Superman bust. Congrats!

Congrats bro!

Thanks guys! I've wanted it for awhile but didn't feel comfortable throwing down that much money on one piece--especially since I collect mainly 1/6 scale with a couple PFs. Been hoarding Reward points for awhile and used them to make buying it more manageable. Paid $400! It's incredibly impressive when it's right in front of you.

Been through your pics over and over and while they are all incredible (that Superman bust is exceptional) I keep coming back to the Punisher set up. The simplicity of it is awesome! You've inspired me to spend more time with my collection!

That's awesome to hear! Once I reorganized my collection after adding bestas and a couple more detolfs I really wanted to have fun with everything. At the end of the day I come home and look at my collection and smile--and that's how it should be. I think the articulated bodies and great accessories available now are why I love 1/6 scale--the display possibilities are endless.

My eyes still go to the Punisher display when I walk into the room. I couldn't be happier with it--makes me want to do more for other figures.

I Bow to No Man nor Kneel to any Collection :lol:lol:lol

BTW Excellent Acquisition on Supes my Friend Zod

Be Cool
Al

:lol the only person who has actually kneeled to my collection was my 7-year old nephew (and he's close to the ground so it's not as big of a deal for him to kneel--I'd have trouble getting back up). I thought his head was going to explode when he saw it.

I'm just happy to be able to share my collection on a forum like this. However, I'll let you in on a secret--when I read a new comment from someone in this thread, in my head, I count it as kneeling. So, as Zod would say, "I win! I always win." :)

Thanks guys! I've wanted it for awhile but didn't feel comfortable throwing down that much money on one piece--especially since I collect mainly 1/6 scale with a couple PFs. Been hoarding Reward points for awhile and used them to make buying it more manageable. Paid $400! It's incredibly impressive when it's right in front of you.

That's awesome to hear! Once I reorganized my collection after adding bestas and a couple more detolfs I really wanted to have fun with everything. At the end of the day I come home and look at my collection and smile--and that's how it should be. I think the articulated bodies and great accessories available now are why I love 1/6 scale--the display possibilities are endless.

My eyes still go to the Punisher display when I walk into the room. I couldn't be happier with it--makes me want to do more for other figures.

:lol the only person who has actually kneeled to my collection was my 7-year old nephew (and he's close to the ground so it's not as big of a deal for him to kneel--I'd have trouble getting back up). I thought his head was going to explode when he saw it.

I'm just happy to be able to share my collection on a forum like this. However, I'll let you in on a secret--when I read a new comment from someone in this thread, in my head, I count it as kneeling. So, as Zod would say, "I win! I always win." :)

7 Year olds are aloud :lol:lol:lol and My Jaw did drop when I viewed you Excellent Collection my Friend and Glad you took my comment not to serious, I just couldn't resist but on that last comment what ever helps you sleep at night :lol:lol:lol:lol

Be Cool
Al

Back