General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manu Ginoili left Wednesday's game against the Pelicans with a testicular injury and will miss a month? WTF?

I don't see how golden state will be beat this year. My thunder did a competitive job but they are just too good. Hope those fans enjoy it until Lakers come knocking for curry. That team will be disbanded as soon as all those contracts come up. Still a nice run by them.

I don't see how golden state will be beat this year. My thunder did a competitive job but they are just too good. Hope those fans enjoy it until Lakers come knocking for curry. That team will be disbanded as soon as all those contracts come up. Still a nice run by them.

They are not letting Curry get away. I don't see Curry wanting to go anywhere else either.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the season just yet. I've seen time and time again in my 30 years of actively watching sports where teams have looked unbeatable in the regular season only to lose in the post-season. Yes the Warriors are a great team, no doubt, but OKC and SAS are very much in the running as well.

Playoffs are a totally different animal.

The only team that could win in 7 against GS is San Antonio. Thunder don't have the depth or character to do it.

If Lakers don't get Westbrook (which I'm sure they will), they going after Curry. Most fans in California are Lakers fans. It's insane how many people would want that to happen. Lakers will throw whatever Curry wants and will give him the tools to compete.

jstep's right. While I agree that GS has to be the front runner/favorite for the title, way too many variables to make a determination this early. Every championship has a measure of luck involved, whether it be injuries or favorable match-ups. All it takes is an injury to change the complexion of things.

The San Antonio team that won in 2014 didn't face the Rockets in the playoffs (now before you jump on me, jstep, I'm NOT saying that the Rockets would have beaten the Spurs. But IIRC, they had a winning record against the Spurs in the regular season and would at the very least have made it harder for the Spurs, which in turn may have led to some residual effects in the championship round).

The Warriors last year didn't face the Spurs or the Clippers. Yes, this is all supposition, and this isn't to take away from either team's championships, but again, too may variables/what-if scenarios.

Last edited:
I think this year SA and OKC are coming for that title. Warriors will have to go through at least one of them, maybe both

The lakers aren't getting anybody and Curry ain't going nowhere. I think the Cavs have a better shot against SA and Okc if somehow either makes it past GS

Watching All Star Pactice it was mention there are trade talks between 3 team trade. They said just in the Preliminary talks and not sure yet.

Cavs- getting Melo
Boston - getting Love
Knicks - getting multiple Drafts pics

I'd take Porzingis and a 1st round pick or Zingis and Afflalao for Love over Melo me thinks. I can't really recall Melo being a consistent worker on defense. I really like the upside to Zingis and Afflalo can defend and shoot.

Phil gave Cle Shumpert and Smith for basically nothing, so why not? Love is more likely to bring free agents to NY than Zingis right now.

Porzingis is going to be the building block of the franchise. Shumpert and Smith weren't. The Knicks proved it with the Melo talks. Zingis won't be going anywhere. They will build around him.

Back