General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pop playing mind games? Duncan out with a "sore knee."

I think he is just sitting Duncan this game because of the matchups and you put Kawhi at the 4.

I was enjoying reading alot of the online comments where people were saying it didn't matter because he would be useless in a small ball lineup. Truth is, he has caused alot of problems with small ball lineups on other teams. What happens is Kwahi, Green and Parker lock down the perimeter so the smalls are forced inside but run into a Duncan Alrdrige combo and things get difficult when they realize they cant drive on Duncan and Aldridge. After a few blocked shots and easy misses they start trying to bounce back out but at that point Kawhi/Green/Parker are expecting that and clog up the passing lanes.

I would expect Pop to start Aldridge, West, Green, Leonard and Parker. Its rare but sometimes he has started Boban over West, I would be surpised to see that. Pop doesn't usually adjust our lineup for other teams. The Spurs mentality has always been to play "our ball."

Great win for the Warriors. Good loss for the Spurs too, should light a fire under this bunch. Complacency can kill a veteran team.

Surprising result in the way it was not close. Perhaps just happened to be a night when the Spurs played badly and the Warriors played well. The game was over by the end of the 3rd - no starter played more than 28 minutes. They play three more times in the regular season so hopefully those will be better games. Although the last two are in the last 4 games of the season and if the seeding is already set by then, both teams are likely to sit their best players a lot of the time.

Congrats to your 2016 NBA Champions.... The Golden State Warriors!

No one is beating them it seems. It is over. Curry will win MVP. Draymond will get DPOY.

Well that didn't go well........Pop's post game comment towards Cleveland was funny....

what did he say? Something along the lines of I hope I don't get fired after this loss? The Cavs look really stupid after that one. Still makes no sense.

Comment was him being glad the GM wasn't in the locker room after a the loss or he would have been fired.....Being Blatt was fired after a blow out loss to the Warriors.

Being a Cavs fan, I tend to agree with most folks asking wtf...it's a head scratcher

The Blatt firing was a head scratcher. If the front office did want to part ways, they should have done so after the loss to GS, not after a win. It just looks bad.

Plus with Cleveland having the best record in the East, Blatt was set to coach the East All Stars. Business is business, but there's a right way to treat people.

yep, Lebron is doomed in Cle yet again. Some of that may be because of him, but management has sucked in Cle ever since he came in the league....that still hasn't changed. The owner was on board with that decision of course.

Rumors have Lebron and his posse being either responsible or partially responsible for the Blatt firing. Before the firing, I had doubts anyone in the east could take GS this year. After the firing, I am even more convinced GS wins it again this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a roster shake up happens if it doesn't jive soon or another loss in the playoffs / finals.

I think anytime Cle makes a move, there is a rumor Lebron had something to do with it. I think his involvement in almost everything is greatly exaggerated.

I think anytime Cle makes a move, there is a rumor Lebron had something to do with it. I think his involvement in almost everything is greatly exaggerated.

pfft ok.gif

Back