General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Howard will regret this, Houston will regret this.

Pretty bummed right now.

This move does nothing for anyone. Definitely doesn't make Houston better. Just makes them slower. Houston likes to play in transition. The offense is not meant to revolve around the center, hence why Asik is starting center. If they get rid of Lin, then they have to sign Calderon or another pick and roll PG. And I'm sure they are gonna announce a sign and trade with ATL for Josh Smith pretty soon.

Howard will regret this, Houston will regret this.

Pretty bummed right now.

houston fan? regardless it will make Houston a better team. But I still don't see them winning a title. how are they gonna solve the hack a dwight? idiot still cant hit free throws which is gonna force them to take him out at the end of games.

That dummy should've taken GS. This makes Houston what, 6th seed at best lol. Not much of an upgrade. I am pretty happy LA is gonna suck soooooo bad next year though. Has anybody else noticed nobody has ever really wanted to play with Kobe?

That dummy should've taken GS. This makes Houston what, 6th seed at best lol. Not much of an upgrade. I am pretty happy LA is gonna suck soooooo bad next year though. Has anybody else noticed nobody has ever really wanted to play with Kobe?

It's been well documented on people not wanting to play with Kobe. The most recent of claims would be from the Smush Parker stories. The Lakers are setting themselves up how we set ourselves up. Blew up a championship team just to chase Deron Williams and Dwight Howard. And now we're still chasing players. I hope Mark Cuban starts another reddit chat!:slap

I think you guys aren't giving Houston enough credit. Believe me, I'm no Howard fan, but he'll be another year removed from back surgery. Kevin McHale will teach Howard some low post moves. Harden's a bona fide franchise player, and Chandler Parsons is a steal at his current contract.

I feel bad for Asik, who is a solid defensive center, but limited offensively. He's the kind of player who the Heat would love (but obviously can't afford).

Watching this year's first round series, the Rockets were a lot more explosive at PG with the Patrick Beverly / Aaron Brooks combo than with Jeremy Lin. I think both Lin and Asik are gone.

I also think Houston would have been better served going after Andre Iguodala rather than Josh Smith.

I don't rate them as championship contenders, but they certainly got better.

Last edited:

Yeah but Kobe only has a few years left. And I don't think the Lakers are gonna just tank the season away. There is an answer though. Amnesty MWP. But trust me I understand what the Lakers are doing. They've talked about it since the day the Decision was made. And they knew the Summer of 2014 was coming.

Kobe has one season under contract. Prettiest sure will miss the first few months. I'm not sure well have a choice but to tank.

Aaron Brooks is gone. And Beverly was only good for taking out Westbrook. Now teams have footage on Beverly not from the D League. Chandler Parsons is a great hustle player but he just runs to the 3 point line on offense. Either to the wing or corner. Harden is best at jacking up shots with the green light. The Rockets offense is built on driving and hitting open shooters or settling for jumpers. They are OKC Lite but they still do that pretty well. The last thing you want them to do is slow down, because then that makes Harden and Parsons worst. It makes Lin better but I don't think Lin will be around to see that happen.

Kobe has one season under contract. Prettiest sure will miss the first few months. I'm not sure well have a choice but to tank.

Now all the Laker fans who joked on the Mavs after 2011 will share our pain. But they've been here before during the years of Cedric Ceballos and Eddie Jones :wave

Clippers » Houston. Gs » Houston. Okc » Houston spurs» Houston. Memphis, dunno. Lakers lottery. Andrew Wiggins

No way yall getting Wiggins. Ryan Kelly is a good player though. I'm a Tarheel fan so its hard for me to say that. Maybe the Sixers will get Wiggins. Lakers will be drafting around 13 or so. Only way Lakers are in the position to get Wiggins is if Kobe gets hurt very early. Laker may be in position to get CJ Fair or Mitch McGary but not Wiggins.

next challenge lakers will face will be in a no-mans-land kind of team where they are too good to "suck for luck" (i.e. #1 pick) and too poor to contend. Kobe is just too good to be a bad team to get enough ping pong b@lls.

They would have to be able to trade up to that #1 spot to grab Wiggins...

Houston just traded Royce White to the Sixers for draft picks. Who is running the Sixers organiztion? You trade for a man who is afraid to fly on a plane.

You would have thought Philly would have learned from trading for Bynum.

And I was aware that Aaron Brooks was gone. Houston released him last week.

Are you from the Houston area? They only Rockets games I saw were the nationally televised games, but from what little I saw last year, Parsons is pretty multi dimensional. Besides his three point range you mentioned, he can handle the ball pretty well and slash to the basket. And though not a great defender, he has the length and quickness to bother you on defense.

As for Beverly, he's not going to be an elite PG any time soon, but he has the quickness to get the basket and was a good on the ball defender from what I saw of him.

I will agree with Bodie's assessment that San Antonio, the Clippers, and OKC are better than Houston, but I'm not sure Golden State is.

You would have thought Philly would have learned from trading for Bynum.

And I was aware that Aaron Brooks was gone. Houston released him last week.

Are you from the Houston area? They only Rockets games I saw were the nationally televised games, but from what little I saw last year, Parsons is pretty multi dimensional. Besides his three point range you mentioned, he can handle the ball pretty well and slash to the basket. And though not a great defender, he has the length and quickness to bother you on defense.

As for Beverly, he's not going to be an elite PG any time soon, but he has the quickness to get the basket and was a good on the ball defender from what I saw of him.

I will agree with Bodie's assessment that San Antonio, the Clippers, and OKC are better than Houston, but I'm not sure Golden State is.

I'm not from Houston but I do watch a lot of friggin basketball or sports in general anyway. Chandler does everything pretty well but by design he hangs around the 3 point line often. Not because it's all he can do but because of the way the offense is run. It's not his fault but his range is his strength. Harden or Lin usually drive and whoever is open on the wings or arc gets the ball. Nothing wrong with that but the other teams in the West do so much more. And yeah, Golden State is still better than Houston. They got even better today and still have more money to make more moves.

I'm not from Houston but I do watch a lot of friggin basketball or sports in general anyway. Chandler does everything pretty well but by design he hangs around the 3 point line often. Not because it's all he can do but because of the way the offense is run. It's not his fault but his range is his strength. Harden or Lin usually drive and whoever is open on the wings or arc gets the ball. Nothing wrong with that but the other teams in the West do so much more. And yeah, Golden State is still better than Houston. They got even better today and still have more money to make more moves.

Don't believe golden state is better than houston (we beat them pretty good last year) we play a similar style than they do,we just do it better.
Houston still not done making moves.

[quote/=Bodie The Cursed;5822349]The bright side is we don't have to listen to a guy whine about wanting the ball who's not great with it in his hands. Lol. Next years gunna be painful.[/[/quote]

Yep, I'm hoping painful enough that we can land something good in next years draft. But I'm sure you're with me on this one. I won't be missing that ussy anytime soon. I say when we play Houston next year. We foul the Shzzz out of him. For kicks and giggles!

next challenge lakers will face will be in a no-mans-land kind of team where they are too good to "suck for luck" (i.e. #1 pick) and too poor to contend. Kobe is just too good to be a bad team to get enough ping pong b@lls.

They would have to be able to trade up to that #1 spot to grab Wiggins...

Don't think none of the known teams that are going to be bottom of the barrel bad. Will not be trading any high 1st RD. picks for trades, unless your name is LBJ.

Back