General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Kobe saying "let me teach you how to be a champion" didn't help the lakers cause.

At this point I really hope Howard ends up in GS.

Kobe saying "let me teach you how to be a champion" didn't help the lakers cause.

At this point I really hope Howard ends up in GS.

He's really arrogant. It's amazing how its Bron who has the bad arrogance rap.

He's really arrogant. It's amazing how its Bron who has the bad arrogance rap.

They both are pretty arrogant IMO, only difference is LBJ is winning now, and winning trumps everything else.

They both are pretty arrogant IMO, only difference is LBJ is winning now, and winning trumps everything else.

How can you even put them on the same level?! Lebron wants to pass first (to his own detriment according to some) and Kobe wants to shoot 80 times or score 80 points whichever happens first

How can you even put them on the same level?! Lebron wants to pass first (to his own detriment according to some) and Kobe wants to shoot 80 times or score 80 points whichever happens first

I'm not talking about just on the court, I fell overall both are just arrogant guys. Lots of high profile people are that way though, on the court yeah they both have very different style of play.

I'm not talking about just on the court, I fell overall both are just arrogant guys. Lots of high profile people are that way though, on the court yeah they both have very different style of play.

Here's the biggest difference tho... Kobe hasn't realized that he's just not that good anymore. He's old. Injury prone.

Yea but that's Kobe, hes a scorer. Give me the ball mentality like MJ especially in the clutch. If MJ wanted to average 10 dimes a game he could have. :lecture
Same with Kobe but that's not the game they played really.

Here's the biggest difference tho... Kobe hasn't realized that he's just not that good anymore. He's old. Injury prone.

Most great players don't, MJ came back and played for the Wizards for crying out loud. :lol

I don't know if I would judge Kobe too harshly on that one. To me, that's just a sign that a guy is a competitor to the end. If Lebron is truly the same level of competitor as a Kobe or Jordan than he'll probably do the same. Bowing out because a guy wants to leave on top, to leave that lasting image with fans. . .we don't associate that with many of the insanely driven guys that achieve greatness. Look at Roger Federer right now.

Yea but that's Kobe, hes a scorer. Give me the ball mentality like MJ especially in the clutch. If MJ wanted to average 10 dimes a game he could have. :lecture
Same with Kobe but that's not the game they played really.

Most great players don't, MJ came back and played for the Wizards for crying out loud. :lol

I don't know if I would judge Kobe too harshly on that one. To me, that's just a sign that a guy is a competitor to the end. If Lebron is truly the same level of competitor as a Kobe or Jordan than he'll probably do the same. Bowing out because a guy wants to leave on top, to leave that lasting image with fans. . .we don't associate that with many of the insanely driven guys that achieve greatness. Look at Roger Federer right now.

Kobe's stats from last year contradict your statement. He's still very good.

Dwight has no idea, he could have learned a few things.. and last I checked kobe had a pretty amazing year.

Wake getting smacked around not 1, not 2, not 3...

Hahaha. Howard is soft, guy should dominate the center position. Superman! :rotfl

the only ppl that couldn't see that were the Laker fans

Honestly I'm fine with Howard just walking and not doing the sign and trade that GS is offering. If Howard wants to be the man at an organization with no track record then be my guest.

GS is the best fit if they can keep Barnes, Curry, and Thompson. Howard would still be the 3rd option, so not a lot of pressure on him and considering GS got a ton of experience against the Spurs last season, if they met again with a healthy roster with Howard, wouldn't be much of an upset. Rockets prolly don't make it out of the first round again, even with Howard.

th

I liked Iggy for the Nuggets. This will be a big loss unless they do their own big pick up which is unlikely considering how cheap the Kroenke's are.

Iggy said can't beat em join em. :lol

I'm not sure what to make of Howard. He appears to be a coach killer and not interested in working hard. Would I want him on my team......hard to say "no" even with all that.

Back