General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

I watched the Nuggets v Pacers game last night. 50 total fouls. :monkey4
Fitting it ended on freethrows.
Nuggets now 10 games over .500 as I was projecting a month ago.

Can't argue with that list.

Magic will always be at the top of my list for sentimental reasons. After all he led the Lakers to a Championship his rookie year, filling in for the injured Cap (another legend). That's something Jordan never did...come to think of it, no one did. Add to that his ability to dominate a game without scoring and he's my all time great.

Yeah, I really miss watching him play. Nothing like him before or since.

I also feel that Kareem gets overlooked quite a bit. You look at his stats and how he dominated every level of the game (championships in high school, college, and professional) its really staggering. He gets ignored because he's so off putting personally but man, he's got stats that no one else has.

Yeah, I really miss watching him play. Nothing like him before or since.

I also feel that Kareem gets overlooked quite a bit. You look at his stats and how he dominated every level of the game (championships in high school, college, and professional) its really staggering. He gets ignored because he's so off putting personally but man, he's got stats that no one else has.

If you wanna talk stats, look up these two: Wilt and Oscar Robertson. Their stats will never be beat.

Wilt and the Big O have crazy stats but they played so long ago the game was quite different and I feel the competition was far worse.

Guess who showed up last night?

30shjmc.jpg

14 points (5/12 FG), 8 rebounds and 11 assists.

Another beautiful team game by the Lakers, hope it will continue on the road.

This is a great photoshop Op!

I think that he (Kobe) might be on to something playing this way. I just need to see them hit some adversity on this road trip. Then we'll really get a taste if this is going to work for the long haul. I tell you one thing...it's funny seeing Kobe score in the teens.

Keep it going Kobe Johnson!!!:hi5:

Wilt and the Big O have crazy stats but they played so long ago the game was quite different and I feel the competition was far worse.

I think talent has gotten more abundant but I disagree with this statement. The game was far more physical and nasty back in the day and big men were ruthless. You so much as touch a guy and you get free throws nowadays. I'm gonna say that if Big O and Wilt were playing today, they would adjust their games and physiques to match current play styles and would still dominate. So, I hate the "they played back in the day when the game was easier," type statements. You gotta give credit where credit is due.

Oh, and a on a side note, Wilt was pretty much up every night with a different girl and still played in games the next day...

This is a great photoshop Op!

I think that he (Kobe) might be on to something playing this way. I just need to see them hit some adversity on this road trip. Then we'll really get a taste if this is going to work for the long haul. I tell you one thing...it's funny seeing Kobe score in the teens.

Keep it going Kobe Johnson!!!:hi5:

I think Kobe Johnson is finally maturing a little. He saw how His buddy,CP3, turned around the clippers and took a page out of his book.

I think talent has gotten more abundant but I disagree with this statement. The game was far more physical and nasty back in the day and big men were ruthless. You so much as touch a guy and you get free throws nowadays. I'm gonna say that if Big O and Wilt were playing today, they would adjust their games and physiques to match current play styles and would still dominate. So, I hate the "they played back in the day when the game was easier," type statements. You gotta give credit where credit is due.

Oh, and a on a side note, Wilt was pretty much up every night with a different girl and still played in games the next day...

I agree that the game was more physical, I just think the talent was worse, they may of both been great in modern nba, but we'll never know.

Well so much for Magic Bryant next game we'll see Kobe McGrady again...

Correction, that's Kobe Johnson. And you'll see Kobe Johnson back, just maybe not in the playoffs. I think he's liking the taste of being a point guard.

They did it tues night and they did it again last night. They get scared and start playing not to loose in the forth quarter, or they just get plain lazy, riding off the coat-tails from the lead they established in the previous quarters. Lakers have to learn to finish the teams off.

Last edited:

Lakers and Celtics should tank their season and get a draft pick. Wait Lakers are already doing that right?

Back