General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Good to see Richard Jefferson is getting some time with them, unlike most spurs fans I always liked him, so it's nice to see him doing well, figured he was done after the trade....If they get Bogut back the Warriors are gonna be one hell of a team

He's played in two of the last three. The game he missed was the second half of a back to back. From what I understand they plan to use him in back to back games after the AS break.

I'm sure you don't say the "conspiracy theorist"...:lol

I don't even know what you mean by that but the conspiracy theorist thing is pretty damn old at this point, what makes it more annoying is I'm 100% correct. My friend who isn't a Spurs fan in the least watched the game I'm talking about and he even said, wow the Spurs got screwed what was going on with the refs? The spurs got screwed that game, it's a fact, tons of bad calls, maybe Stern didn't tell them to do it, maybe the refs just sucked that night, I'll never know, but either way it was BS. Hopfully this is the last time I have to explain this and until one of you ignorant laker fans actually want to see what I'm talking abut shut the hell up. k thanks.

Speaking of conspiracies. Did you know that in the almost 30 years of the NBA lottery the worst team has won only 3 times?

Any word when Steph will be back in the lineup?

I'm assuming the next game, if not the one after that. Mark Jackson said if last night was the playoffs, Curry would've played. It's safe to say the injury wasn't too bad

I'm a bit confused by this:

https://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8905486/lebron-james-think-paid-value-current-cba

Yes, Lebron chose winning over money. Everyone gets that. He deserves "credit" for it somehow? Lots of players choose money first and don't win championships, in part, because of it. Does that make Lebron a better man somehow? I don't know that greed for money is better or worse than greed for the glory of winning. I surely don't think people would begrudge Lebron for choosing a bigger contract with another team.

Of course, this is just a ploy to try to affect CBA negotiations, but I don't follow the logic of it. If he's implicitly threatening that he will go to a team for money if the agreements don't change, then so what? Wouldn't lots of folks think that was actually better for the league not to have stacked teams full of all-stars who are willing to trade money for wins?

I think he's trying to make us think he chose a championship (or 9 or whatever he thinks he'll get in MIA) over money. In reality he chose MIA because he lacked the courage or confidence to do it in CLE.

The honorable thing would have been to stay in Cleveland and lure other players there not the other way around.

I think he's trying to make us think he chose a championship (or 9 or whatever he thinks he'll get in MIA) over money. In reality he chose MIA because he lacked the courage or confidence to do it in CLE.

The honorable thing would have been to stay in Cleveland and lure other players there not the other way around.

:goodpost::exactly:

LOL Cleveland as a city sucks. No offense to Ohio residents but c'mon!? Why win in Cleveland when you can do it in Miami?

I like this... (SORRY BODIE)

"I think teams understand that you need three guys to do big things; the "big three" thing is pretty cool if you can get it," James said. "To keep teams like this together, you may have to take even less because of the new CBA. I guess we'll find out."

Sounds like my man might be willing to take even LESS to keep the heat winning. Bring on Oden at minimum.

Nailed it. No one will ever take LeBron's "accomplishment" seriously. He will always be considered as the coward who ran from a challenge as opposed to other true NBA greats who embraced the challenge of winning with their team (i.e. MJ, Duncan). The best part is once Miami starts losing again, he will bail on them too. Miami fans think somehow their team is "special." Once a philanderer always a philanderer...

man, that's BS and you know it. Nobody could get good players to play in CLE. It's inevitable Kyrie will leave at some point, nobody wants to play for that crappy org. Saying he didn't honor in regards to player transactions? Last time I checked, it wasn't his job to get good players around him. Look how much easier it is for him to get good players to come play for his team in Miami.

Um...San Antonio did just fine without getting good FA players . Bulls did just fine without getting good FA players :cuckoo: Bottom line is you can still win without getting star free agents.

Stop making excuses for that bum. He was doing just fine making it to a Finals and a few ECF. He was just a little ***** and couldn't handle the pressure and bolted.

Um...San Antonio did just fine without getting good FA players . Bulls did just fine without getting good FA players :cuckoo: Bottom line is you can still win without getting star free agents.

Stop making excuses for that bum. He was doing just fine making it to a Finals and a few ECF. He was just a little ***** and couldn't handle the pressure and bolted.

SA has always had good management, a winning history (like Chicago) and Pop (which is huge). Chicago had a ton of lean years and drafted well. Boozer went to Cleveland too and look how that turned out. Hasn't won in either place

Back