General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmm...same injury, based on discussions will be a shell of a player he was and never as good as Durant yet give him the max but not Durant.

Sound logic?

No, different injury. Klay tore his ACL, KD ruptured his Achilles. Players have been able to return from ACL/MCL injuries a little better than from Achilles tear/ruptures.

Looks like GSW and Brooklyn are doing a sign and trade deal for KD; Warriors will get back D’Angelo Russell...but will also trade Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies to clear cap space.

Hmmmmmm...same injury, based on discussions will be a shell of a player he was and never as good as Durant yet give him the max but not Durant.

Sound logic?

Achilles and ACL are the same injury? [emoji848]

Far more players have recovered and have been successful in the NBA after an ACL injury. Medicine has come a long way with the ACL, which used to be a career ending injury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The D’Angelo Russell sign and trade intrigues me. I get why GS wants to do it, to get something in return for losing KD...but are they going to play Russell and Curry together in the backcourt and move Klay to small forward?

Or are they going to flip Russell later? Hmmmmm...

The D’Angelo Russell sign and trade intrigues me. I get why GS wants to do it, to get something in return for losing KD...but are they going to play Russell and Curry together in the backcourt and move Klay to small forward?

I hope trade bait.

Yea this is a bit of a head scratcher. I guess they are trying to stay competitive til Klay returns but how do your rotate 3 guards when 2 of them are defensive liabilities. Maybe they bring Russell off the bench once Klay gets healthy.

Yea this is a bit of a head scratcher. I guess they are trying to stay competitive til Klay returns but how do your rotate 3 guards when 2 of them are defensive liabilities. Maybe they bring Russell off the bench once Klay gets healthy.

They have undersized Quinn Cook too. Since the Warriors like to switch on the perimeter, I don’t see it as a good fit at all. I’m sure GSW management have some sort of plan here, or I hope so. [emoji2369]

Honestly I'm a bit relieved the Lakers aren't signing Russell. He's a solid player but I'm just not convinced he's a championship caliber guy. I'd rather get 2 solid role players on shorter contracts for the kind of max money Russell commands. Still, not sure where the lakers go from here. Seems like all the free agents worth talking about have agreed to contracts. I did see Butler's agreement hit some snags since Miami and Dallas are having issues with their trade agreement lol. Maybe Lakers can still snag Butler...that would be awesome. I really can't see Kawhi leaving Toronto at this point.

Honestly I'm a bit relieved the Lakers aren't signing Russell. He's a solid player but I'm just not convinced he's a championship caliber guy. I'd rather get 2 solid role players on shorter contracts for the kind of max money Russell commands. Still, not sure where the lakers go from here. Seems like all the free agents worth talking about have agreed to contracts. I did see Butler's agreement hit some snags since Miami and Dallas are having issues with their trade agreement lol. Maybe Lakers can still snag Butler...that would be awesome. I really can't see Kawhi leaving Toronto at this point.

If Kawhi leaves, it’s likely to the Clippers. The Lakers should have a good shot of signing some good solid veterans chasing a title and willing to take a pay cut.

who's going to be willing to take him now that he has a max contract though? I don't think anyone has the money to fit him in. It feels like GS has already decided they are going to take it easy next season. I don't think they can re-sign Green if Russell is still on the team after next season.

If Kawhi leaves, it’s likely to the Clippers. The Lakers should have a good shot of signing some good solid veterans chasing a title and willing to take a pay cut.

who's really good that's left to sign? Cousins I guess lol. Lakers are really F'd if they can't pull in Kawhi.

e5ca7db0cb420f2db4d33349576d5205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who's going to be willing to take him now that he has a max contract though? I don't think anyone has the money to fit him in. It feels like GS has already decided they are going to take it easy next season. I don't think they can re-sign Green if Russell is still on the team after next season.

who's really good that's left to sign? Cousins I guess lol. Lakers are really F'd if they can't pull in Kawhi.

Russell is trade bait. The Warriors basically got him for a 1st round pick.

And how are the Lakers f’d? They have 2 of the best 5 players in the league. All they need are solid vets/role players.

Russell is trade bait. The Warriors basically got him for a 1st round pick.

And how are the Lakers f’d? They have 2 of the best 5 players in the league. All they need are solid vets/role players.

I don't think GS can afford to try and move him now; they may have to wait until the offseason, but if Russell has a meh year, there won't be many buyers.

Yea, the Lakers need solid role players and it looks like they will catch a break and get Iggy. I look up and down that FA list and don't really see much there. They could use Brewer and bring back Rondo and Pope I guess. It takes more than 2 players. Even those Miami teams needed quite a few very good role players.

I don't think GS can afford to try and move him now; they may have to wait until the offseason, but if Russell has a meh year, there won't be many buyers.

Yea, the Lakers need solid role players and it looks like they will catch a break and get Iggy. I look up and down that FA list and don't really see much there. They could use Brewer and bring back Rondo and Pope I guess. It takes more than 2 players. Even those Miami teams needed quite a few very good role players.

I think the Warriors will move Russell by the trade deadline at the latest.

Russell is a hired gun until Klay makes it back on the court. Right now the Warriors’ only offensive threat is Steph Curry (and DeMarcus Cousins should he return...although Kevin Looney re-signing for three years/$15 mil may preclude that).

They’re losing Iggy to trade, Jordan Bell to the T-Wolves...while those guys aren’t offensive threats the caliber of KD and Klay, they are good rotation players. They need D’Angelo Russell to prevent teams from double and triple teaming Steph.

But I agree, I think Russell is a trade piece as I don’t see him fitting the Warriors’ plan long term...unless Kerr is able to unleash a new Death Lineup featuring three guards (Steph, D’Angelo, and Klay), with Draymond and whatever front court player they plug in.

Russell is a hired gun until Klay makes it back on the court. Right now the Warriors’ only offensive threat is Steph Curry (and DeMarcus Cousins should he return...although Kevin Looney re-signing for three years/$15 mil may preclude that).

They’re losing Iggy to trade, Jordan Bell to the T-Wolves...while those guys aren’t offensive threats the caliber of KD and Klay, they are good rotation players. They need D’Angelo Russell to prevent teams from double and triple teaming Steph.

But I agree, I think Russell is a trade piece as I don’t see him fitting the Warriors’ plan long term...unless Kerr is able to unleash a new Death Lineup featuring three guards (Steph, D’Angelo, and Klay), with Draymond and whatever front court player they plug in.

Klay could definitely slot in the 3 position, but I just don’t think Russell and Steph could work defensively with how often they switch on the pick and roll. It’s definitely going to be interesting to see how they fill out the rest of the roster.

Jordan Bell seemed like a great prospect as a rookie, but he seemed to get worse over time. Hopefully it’s a better fit for him with the Twolves.

Back