General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this the one thing the league wanted to prevent? Superstar players demanding trades to team up for "super teams". I don't mind when it comes to free agency because they can do whatever they want, but I don't like when players can just demand to be traded and they always get their way. Meanwhile, just when Sacramento was getting good, we have 3 super teams in the same damn division alone :slap

I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks tried to grab him.

Depends if he can stay healthy. He was never a high leaper, so the Achilles injury doesn't change that. Him and Davis weren't a bad duo in NO.

I wouldn’t consider these super teams... the Clippers have two stars and a bunch of role players. The Lakers are LeBron, AD and Boogie who is a shell of himself with a bunch of players who are mostly castoffs save for Green and Kuzma. Golden State is no longer a super team now that KD is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't this the one thing the league wanted to prevent? Superstar players demanding trades to team up for "super teams". I don't mind when it comes to free agency because they can do whatever they want, but I don't like when players can just demand to be traded and they always get their way. Meanwhile, just when Sacramento was getting good, we have 3 super teams in the same damn division alone :slap

I agree. As you said, free agency is one thing, it’s another to demand a trade when you still have multiple years on your contract like Paul George did.

He was a free agent last year and decided to sign with OKC. Now after another year with Russ, he wants out? (Okay, I kind of get that).

I just got a notification from ESPN on my phone a minute ago that said “Thunder agree to trade Russell Westbrook to Houston for Chris Paul...” but now the notification is gone and there’s nothing on ESPN, LOL.

I swear I’m not smoking anything.

EDIT: Here it is on Twitter, I guess ESPN had to give Woj some exclusivity first:

“The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.”

Last edited:
LOL, I can see Chris Paul negotiating HUGE buyout and signing with the Lakers for the veteran minimum to chase a ring.

Kawhi's a bad man, LOL. Over the course of two seasons, he's crushed the dreams of Spurs fans, Warriors fans, indirectly OKC fans, and Raptors fans...although he did deliver a championship to them.

Westbrook and Harden...has implosion and dysfunction written all over it:lol Can't wait for Houston to self destruct:rotfl And I was just going to say it would be great if CP3 managed to come to the Lakers but I can't see OKC flatout buying out that GIANT contract.

Kawhi's a bad man, LOL. Over the course of two seasons, he's crushed the dreams of Spurs fans, Warriors fans, indirectly OKC fans, and Raptors fans...although he did deliver a championship to them.

Injuries crushed the dreams of the Warriors fans, not Kawhi. I’m happy for him (and Canada) he won title though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westbrook and Harden...has implosion and dysfunction written all over it:lol Can't wait for Houston to self destruct:rotfl And I was just going to say it would be great if CP3 managed to come to the Lakers but I can't see OKC flatout buying out that GIANT contract.

I didn’t think Harden and Paul would work either, and it did for a bit...so maybe they’ll prove us wrong. I consider Harden and Westbrook stat stuffing guys who will never win a title. I normally just call them losers, but that sounds a bit harsh (even if it’s true).

I didn’t think Harden and Paul would work either, and it did for a bit...so maybe they’ll prove us wrong. I consider Harden and Westbrook stat stuffing guys who will never win a title. I normally just call them losers, but that sounds a bit harsh (even if it’s true).

Yea I agree. harden says he will do what it takes to win a title but clearly he didn't want to try a different approach against the warriors when hero ball wasn't working. I think westbrook will just make it 10x worse lol. Paul and Harden worked for a while because Paul is a pass-first player and more team oriented.

yea it sounds like no buyout for CP3. So a straight up trade is his only road out of OKC and it sounds like the Heat is the likely option. Really can't see him winning a title there but whatevs. I guess its still better than him toiling away in OKC...

I don't know which situation I dislike more buyouts or player forced lopsided trades.....

You don't want to play for the team who holds your contract then negotiate a settlement and walk away with squat and be allowed to sign with team of choice except teams involved in trade. Eliminate any cap hit so both sides win.....buying out the majority of a contract so a player can sign elsewhere is illogical......play out your contract or lose it

5d5233fddd142f0c1de0038c9a6d0fb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westbrick won't add much to Hous. It's LA's conference title to lose at this point; which one is anyone's guess. The Lakers did a hell of a lot better picking up solid role players than I thought they would after Kawhi used them. If they stay healthy, I'd take them to come out of the West.

To think at one point OKC had Ibaka, Durant, Harden and Westbrook. And now they just lost PG. They're basically the Kings now. Sad.

Cousins has a torn ACL. He probably wishes he signed a long term contract with New Orleans when he could.

Back