General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheesh Tobias Harris 5 years $180 million and Middleton 5 years $178 million .... I get why each team had to keep those guys but damn ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s rather unlikely but a 100% KD.????? what player in the east is better than him if he returns from injury without missing a beat?

Leonard, Butler, Joel, Simmons, Freak, Wall, Irving???

If we are assuming he returns 80% of the old KD then sure players jump ahead but he is still in the equation....

I’m not even a KD fan but I respect his game. Being a shooter versus other type of player long as he can stay healthy he should be fine.

It’s rather unlikely but a 100% KD.????? what player in the east is better than him if he returns from injury without missing a beat?

Leonard, Butler, Joel, Simmons, Freak, Wall, Irving???

If we are assuming he returns 80% of the old KD then sure players jump ahead but he is still in the equation....

I’m not even a KD fan but I respect his game. Being a shooter versus other type of player long as he can stay healthy he should be fine.

I’m just wondering if KD loses a step, that he might be a bit like an older Dirk. That’s not bad, but they won’t be a contender if he’s not a top player. They also are going to need to pick up some defenders who can switch on the pick and roll. KD likely slips defensively (he will), Kyrie is subpar defender, DeAndre can be abused in the pick and roll, etc. So they really need to find some strong/lengthy defenders to be a contender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I have less faith in Boston, Milwaukee
,Philly or Toronto to remain top dogs and I don’t really see any up n comers to make me think with a healthy KD and Irving they couldn’t compete with the four teams above...

,Philly or Toronto to remain top dogs and I don’t really see any up n comers to make me think with a healthy KD and Irving they couldn’t compete with the four teams above...

I just don’t know why you seem to think there’s a great chance KD will come back healthy when as far as I know, Dominique is the only player in NBA history to come back from an Achilles injury at near 100%. I think the odds of him coming back at full strength is about 2%. His defense will likely take the biggest hit, but I’m sure he’ll still be a solid jump shooter. I’m making the Dirk comparison based on that. Achilles injuries are about as bad as you can get for an NBA player.

If I was betting on the future team in the east with the most potential, I’d probably go with the 76ers.

Also, I expect KD will be very unhappy in NY. I don’t think he’ll react well to the NY media. He’s been coddled his entire career by his local media, and now faces the most cut-throat media in the country. He seems emotionally fragile, and I just don’t think it’s going to be easy for him. Hopefully he takes the next year to figure out who he really is and gets comfortable in his own skin.

be125d93a229817873ab4c95a14f5c16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ Redick goes to play with Zion in New Orleans.

they look really good in the short term. Utah could be scary too. OKC hasn't done anything lol.

I think if Bos could've kept Rozier and actually had a center, I would put them towards the top because Kemba is a upgrade over Kyrie in terms of team fit.

I just don’t know why you seem to think there’s a great chance KD will come back healthy when as far as I know, Dominique is the only player in NBA history to come back from an Achilles injury at near 100%. I think the odds of him coming back at full strength is about 2%. His defense will likely take the biggest hit, but I’m sure he’ll still be a solid jump shooter. I’m making the Dirk comparison based on that. Achilles injuries are about as bad as you can get for an NBA player.

If I was betting on the future team in the east with the most potential, I’d probably go with the 76ers.

I think there is too much worry about KD's injury. He's a right hand player who uses his L foot to explode. Yea, he will lose a little bit, but I don't think it's going to be a drastic difference. The Knicks are idiots for not offering the max 4 year. I will never put faith in Phi until Simmons can shoot. Harris is a good, fringe AS player, but definitely not worth the money. I understand why they felt the need to offer him the deal though.

Also, I expect KD will be very unhappy in NY. I don’t think he’ll react well to the NY media. He’s been coddled his entire career by his local media, and now faces the most cut-throat media in the country. He seems emotionally fragile, and I just don’t think it’s going to be easy for him. Hopefully he takes the next year to figure out who he really is and gets comfortable in his own skin.

No one really cares for the Nets here. Even when they were in NJ with Kidd in the finals twice.

And still the most valuable nba team. Imagine how much they’ll be worth if they were a dynasty.

why hasn’t that dynasty happened.....heck not even consistently decent in about 20 - 30 years. every other year is NY year in draft or FA and one reason or another it falls through...... some reason why.....

I wouldn’t offer KD the max if I was a team going for a title and was already a decent playoff team. It made some sense for the Knicks because they need a box office player. KD is a very high risk signing and could absolutely devastate a franchise for nearly a decade if it doesn’t pan out. If I’m a small market team, or an abysmal team like the Knicks, it makes sense.

I don’t hate what the Nets did, and it might work out. They have about a 50% chance of being a competitive team in 2-3 years. They are going to have a small title window though. If they win one, it will pay off. I give them maybe a 5% title shot during that window. That said without KD they have a 0% chance. [emoji848]

Back