General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I considered Portland but I don't know if I trust Lilliard to take them to the next level and their defense is just OK. But who knows. I just like that it's wide open now with GSW being just an average team now. Lakers will be very good with AD as long as he stays healthy.

Health is key, Lebron isn't a spring chicken anymore, so he may start getting hurt more (once it starts it just keeps coming) so it'll be interesting. They should just fill out the rest of the roster with solid role players and forget a 3rd max guy. That doesn't seem to be their thinking though...

So the Lakers want Kawhi now? I'm sorry, but if they get him somehow, that championship is worthless for the player's legacy.

Kawhi isn't coming to the Lakers - it's a nice pipe dream - but it's not happening. I personally think the Lakers will not get the 3rd max guy as it seems most guys have already decided where they want to go - even though they say they don't know yet. Which will be good for the Lakers if you ask me because they can then focus on getting solid role players that are very important to a championship team - you can win a championship with two elite players and others that know and execute their roles. That's putting a lot of faith in Pelinka (which I don't really have) so none of that may happen.

Health is key, Lebron isn't a spring chicken anymore, so he may start getting hurt more (once it starts it just keeps coming) so it'll be interesting. They should just fill out the rest of the roster with solid role players and forget a 3rd max guy. That doesn't seem to be their thinking though...

Kawhi isn't coming to the Lakers - it's a nice pipe dream - but it's not happening. I personally think the Lakers will not get the 3rd max guy as it seems most guys have already decided where they want to go - even though they say they don't know yet. Which will be good for the Lakers if you ask me because they can then focus on getting solid role players that are very important to a championship team - you can win a championship with two elite players and others that know and execute their roles. That's putting a lot of faith in Pelinka (which I don't really have) so none of that may happen.

Which "others" are going to come at a reasonable price though? Even good role players like Barnes and Horford are opting out of 25+ million dollar payouts. I guess they think they can make more some how? I can't really see that, but we will find out.

Which "others" are going to come at a reasonable price though? Even good role players like Barnes and Horford are opting out of 25+ million dollar payouts. I guess they think they can make more some how? I can't really see that, but we will find out.

They are out there. Barnes is in for a wake up call, he either just wants out of Dallas or is delusional that he played up and beyond his contract. Guys like Marcus Morris, Terrence Ross, Ariza, Hood, Beverly (and so on) can be had on the cheap, and you can maneuver around to make JJ Redick happen. There are options they just have to be willing to consider those options but it seems like they are more worried about making a big splash - plus I really don't think Pelinka knows what he's doing.

They are out there. Barnes is in for a wake up call, he either just wants out of Dallas or is delusional that he played up and beyond his contract. Guys like Marcus Morris, Terrence Ross, Ariza, Hood, Beverly (and so on) can be had on the cheap, and you can maneuver around to make JJ Redick happen. There are options they just have to be willing to consider those options but it seems like they are more worried about making a big splash - plus I really don't think Pelinka knows what he's doing.

He actually finished with Sac, who is a good up and coming team. I agree, I don't know what he is thinking, but I don't mind that money being off of their books. Personally, I hope Sac picks up Beverley. I could see LA going hard after Redick or even Tob Harris if they don't stay in Phi.

Enjoying the draft (after 3 picks)....it's refreshing seeing the kids be appreciative of the their journey

I really wish Sac would've tried to trade up for Little. I like the potential in that guy.

Very curious to see how long it takes Zion to leave New Orleans for a sexier city like Chris Paul and Davis did. I don't know bupkis about his contract, I'm gonna go with 2 years.

I see Zion as the next Blake Griffin. He'll be super popular because of his dunking, blocks, and athleticism in his first 2 years in the league, then he'll just be a solid player for the next 5 years. Hopefully he gets a jump shot, unlike Simmons and Greek Freak, and it doesn't take him 10 years to realize it like Westbrick. His rookie season should be fun to watch and he might bring back the dunk contest if he competes.

Wonder if the wheels are coming off in Dubland.......Iggy and Jalen talking about med staff, KD opting out......might be ready to watch NBA again. Still not getting some of these moves.....Rockets going after Butler? What kinda dynamic is that gonna breed.

Taken with a grain of salt: sources say KD and Kawhi have talked about playing together. If this happens, the most likely destination are the Clippers or the Knicks.

Yea as a Lakers fan, I'm pretty excited. I'm still cautious but we should at least be better than last year:lol I can't see Kawhi coming either. I would be stoked if we got Butler but honestly I don't see that either. I really don't want Kyrie or Russell. I would prefer we just spend money on solid role players. i wish we could convince Collison to not retire and come play with the Lakers for a shot at a ring. I wouldn't mind going after George Hill as long as it wasn't too much money. But I love what is happening with all this free agency hype...so exciting!

Taken with a grain of salt: sources say KD and Kawhi have talked about playing together. If this happens, the most likely destination are the Clippers or the Knicks.

This makes no sense to me. He is already on the biggest super team there has ever been, in my lifetime at least. What is there to gain by joining up with the reigning Finals MvP? So we can label him the ultimate coattail hanger? The only thing that will save his legacy is if he can go win a ring as the top dog...…...or take the easy route again and win a couple more in GS.

All this talk about the big dogs, I'm more curious to see where guys like Vucevic, Harris, and Horford end up. Also, will Houston's Capella/Gordon get traded? How about OKC's Adams?

Dominos are falling...

Kemba Walker is signing with the Celtics, replacing Kyrie Irving, who’s going to the Nets.

The Raptors winning was the best thing the NBA front office could ever ask for. Now when all Super Teams come together and everyone bitches about it the NBA can say.... "But Toronto won a title."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Raptors winning was the best thing the NBA front office could ever ask for. Now when all Super Teams come together and everyone bitches about it the NBA can say.... "But Toronto won a title."

With an asterisk.....most folks freely admit a healthy Durant and Thompson the outcome may have been a bit different with the super team winning rather handly. I'm hoping we can get back to more equitable talent shift to make it interesting again.

With an asterisk.....most folks freely admit a healthy Durant and Thompson the outcome may have been a bit different with the super team winning rather handly. I'm hoping we can get back to more equitable talent shift to make it interesting again.
Then Golden States first title against Cleveland has an asterisk too.

Back