Geil's humble beginnings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^

Can't wait to see more Geil!

The tubes are a little narrower than I was expecting, but works good for simple poses.

^^^

Can't wait to see more Geil!

The tubes are a little narrower than I was expecting, but works good for simple poses.

Yeah IM M1 barely made it in :( But at those prices I ain't picky hehe

This is a quick test setup I made
tubecase.jpg

Details Here

With all the Iron Mans that will be coming out when the movie hits this would be a great "Armor Vault" for the Iron Man suits. Someone just needs to make a top and bottom cover for these tubes and we have our own vault. That's my plan at least. Once I get a Tony Stark suit and neck I plan on doing it. :wacky

Geil are those lights on top of the tubes?? Or just a reflection or something.

With all the Iron Mans that will be coming out when the movie hits this would be a great "Armor Vault" for the Iron Man suits. Someone just needs to make a top and bottom cover for these tubes and we have our own vault. That's my plan at least. Once I get a Tony Stark suit and neck I plan on doing it. :wacky

Argh you thief!! :rotfl
exactly my idea!! I have spoken to KJ23 who makes custom bases so maybe he would be willing to make a batch to fit this tube :p Of cause I am still looking for a cheapass solution, preferable transparent for the top

As for my test setup I just took a strip of leftover acrylic and placed my newly aquired IKEA Dioders simply on top of it :p

Argh you thief!! :rotfl
exactly my idea!! I have spoken to KJ23 who makes custom bases so maybe he would be willing to make a batch to fit this tube :p Of cause I am still looking for a cheapass solution, preferable transparent for the top

What can I say Geil. Great minds think a like. Did you put a light on top of the tubes? Or is there a light on it already? If so that would be awesome. Actually what would be awesome is if you made a base with a light shining up onto the figure from the bottom. If you could do that I've buy a few. 4 to be exact. One for each Iron Man and one on stand by for Mark IV. :naughty

Yeah I just cheated for the temporary setup and placed it on top of some scrap acrylic. I am still looking at making a base myself, have a pit for the Ikea light and than top it up with acrylic so I can use it for either top or bottom :p
OH GOD I have to buy another tool for this?????

OH I got some nice new shelf pieces today (also bought 2 detolfs as I finally have an idea how to place them) and going to build a brand new setup :D Will post some teasers soon
Gotto get ready for all those IM2 and T2 and TDK2 figures :chew

shelfh.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I finally managed to frame those gorgeous covers from the two DXs using some reasonably priced diy aluminum frames at Michaels Remember to sign up with their online site to get some 50% off coupon to get the frames even cheaper!
framesg.jpg

Today found some really thin acrylic sheets at Home Depot for cheap 24"x48" at merely 1mm thickness for $28 and supposedly you dont need real tools to cut these ;) Well the aluminum tracks will need some proper tools to cut effectively (I bought a $100 blade :p)
I will be cutting two panels tonight or tomorrow to finsh the frames

Copy away :D

Last edited:
frames2.jpg

frames1.jpg

Finally gotten around to finish those frames with a thin acrylic front as well as the DX01 display case :D
jokerdisplay.jpg

Last edited:
Back