Geil's humble beginnings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I would certainly not call my collection #1 compared to the many mad collections here but I am happy with my TDK stuff :D Just need to refine my displays some more and I have some idea I am bouncing around in my head :p
As for lights these are just purchased from your neighbors!!!! Ikea :D I just place them as I change my setup quite frequently :D

OK... i see.. what about the others DX01 thread collectors .. i can find it .. you subjects to check to see other displays but i can find it .. !!

Oh time to update :D
jc1l.jpg

jcfb6.jpg

jcfb1.jpg

tshydrobot.jpg

78465819.jpg

Thanks Colossus
Honestly I wasn't sure whether I should have picked it up as the sculpt is essentially the same so I thought worse case i could always part things out but I love everything that came with it and hehe can;t be parting anything now :p

OK I have been pretty lazy with my updates here but it's time :D
Latest setup and/o additions:
case2.jpg

case1m.jpg

t2hk4166.jpg

fatboy4.jpg

swate.jpg

dx02e.jpg
dx02a.jpg

tdkgun2.jpg

hitme8.jpg

Thanks guys

Very nice! Your displays are all museum-quality!

By the way, did you ever do anything with all the extra hands you accumulated? :monkey3

Interested in selling a set for a couple of bucks? :naughty

Well not sure about the museum quality :eek: but I am happy with my cheap display implementation :D
Well I usually rather not bother selling parts that are not worth much as its more hassle than anything but we'll have to see.. But honestly picking up an extra TT from HT is almost unavoidable these days with all the figures having kit bashing potential and then you will have those extra hands so why not just get that as it would be a lot more economical especially since I would have to mail it from Cana.....brrrrr...da

I kit bashed Bruce which is right now a Dent. I got extra TTs for secondary Marcus wright, BR Joker, DX Joker... but thats me :p I even picked up an extra TT during boxing day and swapping it with someone for a regular TT ohhh and I got the HT Xmas gift so that's another 2010 TT that I am using temporarily for a scolfield Terminator2 hybrid until the new Arnie is out :D

Last edited:
OK you know whats really funny.
- was researching airsoft at the time for my TS collection not knowing what rifle JC was even using
- found this looking pretty close https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/electric/gandg-m4-cqb-r-rec.html
- not being sure I send this to a friend who is in military to get a better idea and he just buys it!!!
- got in trouble with his wife cause I was the one that got him to buy it
- even researched all the accesories already but have yet to get those parts (complete research here)
- I have not even bought my own yet so he dropped it off to me this weekend so I can play with it and take some pictures
- Best part is, it wasn't even the right model to begin with but they shipped him the WRONG product and it ended up being actually the HK416 equivalent!!!!!! https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/electric/gandg-m416-s.html which also costs more!!!!!!!
More pictures over on my blog
- BTW this thing is mostly metal and not plastic!!!

Very, very nice collection...I love all the display cases. Where did you get those from...

Don't sell yourself short, Geil. Those display cases are great and are a hot commodity. My wife is a professional artist (and I'm just an amateur one :)) and we have to deal with plexi cubes all the time. At her school, the few they have are treated like the King's jewels, kept under lock and key and only allowed to be borrowed with people's first-born held as collateral. And in any exhibit my wife shows at, there's only a handful to go around. They are very expensive to have made so galleries don't like to spring for them and keep the ones they got under a very close eye!

If you're interested in a side business, I would contact your local colleges and universities, and maybe galleries and smaller museums and let them know you make these!

Thanks dude, appreciate your kind words :eek:
Honestly I make one here and there for members and some local folks through toys2 but not likely branching out much more as it is simply too much work for custom size ones :p Also the costing is pretty risky as my margins are not large enough to cover much scrap so if I cannot layout the panel efficiently I may loose that margin. It's a tough balancing act I am not really willing to juggle unless it is for appreciating fellow collectors. Like this local collector that I build like 8 small custom cases and a larger shelf with a very unique hingeless design.
hiro4002.jpg

A lot of extra work went into it and in the end he paid and picked up but it was no fun at all after all this work. There was no real appreciation so I felt more like a cheap whore. He was suppose to send me pictures of his setup cause I left most vinyl on for protection but... oh well :(
That and other inquiries and responses from some know-it-all saddens me as well but let that be a story for another time as I have bored you enough of this :p
I may focus more on standard sized smaller cases as those I can plan and build a lot faster and efficiently but there seems to be no demand here at all so I am not sure if I should pursue but we'll see ;) But your comments and other positive responses is what keeps me doing it for now ;)

Last edited:
BTW another huge project I spend days/weeks on:
toys2.jpg

toys2b.jpg

I am kind of proud of this one and I know at least Eric knows how to make me happy and showed a lot of appreciation for my efforts and that is really what I look for. Well ok also some financial support to recover some of the $$ I dumped into my tools ;)

Last edited:
Those of us who have been fortunate enough to receive your cases can totally appreciate the work you put into them and are happy you're continuing on!! Cheers!!! :duff

I am in total awe of your cases. I can't wait to own one and should be able to next month hopefully. My tumbler is going to appreciate it soooooooooooooooo much.

You are one serious collector. I went toys2 the other day and was staring at the case you have made (I had no idea you are the one who made it), but I was stood there wondering where did he get this wonderful case..... Oh you are awesome!! I want to move to bigger place and get one of your case!! SO JEALOUS!!

You are one serious collector. I went toys2 the other day and was staring at the case you have made (I had no idea you are the one who made it), but I was stood there wondering where did he get this wonderful case..... Oh you are awesome!! I want to move to bigger place and get one of your case!! SO JEALOUS!!

This is a quick test setup I made
tubecase.jpg

Details Here

Back