Gasdoc's collection 2014: new collection video/ rogue pf ex custom by darkspidey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasdoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
After a year lol, Finally got round to filming the collection for those that want to see it. Its really evolved since I started collecting a year ago. Space limitations have led to some difficult decisions. I now focus on 1/4 scale pfs based on comic art, and I will be over time dedicate more of the collection to the DC license.

Large pieces are a problem for me with the space I have with one (skaar) in storage at present. I may move in the future and then you never know the cinema room/statue collection of my dreams may become a reality lol.

Collection here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfDt_yepS0&feature=youtu.be

Best wishes Gas

Last edited:
Thanks. I personally feel I need to get up to quality of your videos . It was actually great fun learning the ropes on adobe elements and apart from some white balance issues I am pretty happy. The one issue I had with the SLR was smooth focusing at times and basically I only felt confortable playing with rgb colour balance, contrast and a touch of sharpening in the editing. Any thing else to recommend?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Gasdoc's collection May 2013. UK Based and comic art emphasis

Not much to add, buddy. To be honest, I don't post-process my videos. I have an iMac, so I use iMovie to make the final video (add all the pieces together), and then I make the intro and add the theme music. I also go over the video and do some image overlays when I have something to show, as well as some caption.

So when it comes to PP I don't have that much experience. It seems really good what you've done, and I'm sure you already know this, bud shooting in natural daylight is just the only way to go. I have a single video (unboxing of Talon) that I did at sundown, and it shows so horribly well. I just had to do the unboxing lol.

Again, great stuff, keep working on it. Looking forward to see more in the future.

Apologies to any trying to access the vid on a mobile device. Copyright on the music used in it appears to be the problem. I will remove and upload again as the suggested workaround didnt work for more than few hrs lol

Nice collection! You should post some pics as well.

Some Great Pieces and Customs in your Sweet Collection and Welcome to the Show; Gas

Excellent video with narration mate and awesome collection. You really have some great pieces in there. Looking forward to the pics.
23lo1vr.gif

Great collection there mate...shame you had to sell the Gollum PF that I sold you :( but I remember you saying that the funds helped you to buy the Thor PF so congrats on that :hi5:

Hi Roberto,

Yeah, when I started, I bought it all as I think many do (had lotr, star wars ot, terminator, indiana jones) but thats not sustainable for me. I prefer to think of this collection as a bonsai...always pruning to get to a better form in limited space and with one genre. It will continue to evolve as I live with the pieces. For example the hulk pf/capt america ex pfs have just been sold. Now thats madness to most. But I can only justify one hulk piece so I would rather the maquette and I have bats/supes/poison ivy plus darth malgus (who I am strangly most excited for) coming and that space is required. As you saw I do keep some pieces back boxed that I cant display but just cant face selling, like the vampirella pf ex, as I do hope for more space one day. What next well warmachine may go. What stops me?....hes my five year old sons favourite...BIG gun you see

Regards Gas

Thought I would post some of my nicer, more interesting pictures: First up the wolverine custom 1/4 scale piece:

Re: Gasdoc's collection May 2013. UK Based (Page 2 1/4 Wolverine custom pics)

And to stir things up my latest purchase....which I actually love in hand!! (but I do like J Scott-Campbell Art). Seriously this Emma Frost pf was seriously cheap on ebay, MIB and the ex and I think the paint, pose, base and cloth are all excellent. Cheaper than many bowen pieces and 1/4 scale I am really pleased/think excellent value. But then art is subjective ;)

I think I have always imagined Emma as high maintenance and a bit of a supermodel anyway, with a face that should look like shes sucking on a lemon when she sees the rest of us LOL.

Last edited:

Wow awesome collection. Your got all the Marvel Grails. I'd love to get my hands on the Hulk PF, one day maybe :pray:

Who did you get to paint your Wolverine. I came really close to buying one

I just read you sold the Hulk PF :(

Last edited:

Hi,

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed the collection. Re questions:

(1) It was Kenny Alesandro that painted mine. Couldnt ask for a better service. To the point that I am considering sending a rogue pf out to him to be repainted!!

(2) Yes losing two grails (hulk and cpt america). It took me 2-3 months to summon up the courage. But sale to a freaks member for a reasonable price so they are going to a good home and I basically am covering my costs (so its all good).

Part of the past year has been me evaluating the term "grail" and to be honest their has to be a degree of subjectivity in it. There are community grails of course such as undoubtedly the hulk pf, but there are always going to be personal ones such as the Pop Culture Judge Dredd for me, that haven't attained the community status, but just mean a lot. I started reading 2000AD probably 8 years before being exposed to marvel and DC books for example.

The arguable Grails that I have lived with but lost over the last year inc:

(1) Hulk pf. I like the Kirby hulk but I dont love it. Is it large, is it well sculpted and is it well painted. YES YES YES. But so I believe is the legacy maquette and I know I like the look more and I know I personally think he will fit sculpt wise better with skaar IMO. Also we have yet to see the WW Hulk. Whats that going to be like? NOTE I of course reserve the right to hate the maquette in hand and beg for any pf for sale in the future lol.
(2) Cpt America ex. never really read the books except civil war ...LOVED him in that but cant spare the space for poison ivy and bats (characters that I LOVE all the time)
(3) X men dio 1 ex and Hulk vs spiderman...The 1/4 scales took priority. Plus I didnt like the sculpt of cyclops on the xmen dio...awful IMO. Colossus is a god on it but cyclops ...meh for me. Hulk vs spidey is stunning and is a grail. Just had to be honest to myself and get the space back.

Last edited:

Great collection!

Hi,

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed the collection. Re questions:

(1) It was Kenny Alesandro that painted mine. Couldnt ask for a better service. To the point that I am considering sending a rogue pf out to him to be repainted!!

(2) Yes losing two grails (hulk and cpt america). It took me 2-3 months to summon up the courage. But sale to a freaks member for a reasonable price so they are going to a good home and I basically am covering my costs (so its all good).

Part of the past year has been me evaluating the term "grail" and to be honest their has to be a degree of subjectivity in it. There are community grails of course such as undoubtedly the hulk pf, but there are always going to be personal ones such as the Pop Culture Judge Dredd for me, that haven't attained the community status, but just mean a lot. I started reading 2000AD probably 8 years before being exposed to marvel and DC books for example.

The arguable Grails that I have lived with but lost over the last year inc:

(1) Hulk pf. I like the Kirby hulk but I dont love it. Is it large, is it well sculpted and is it well painted. YES YES YES. But so I believe is the legacy maquette and I know I like the look more and I know I personally think he will fit sculpt wise better with skaar IMO. Also we have yet to see the WW Hulk. Whats that going to be like? NOTE I of course reserve the right to hate the maquette in hand and beg for any pf for sale in the future lol.
(2) Cpt America ex. never really read the books except civil war ...LOVED him in that but cant spare the space for poison ivy and bats (characters that I LOVE all the time)
(3) X men dio 1 ex and Hulk vs spiderman...The 1/4 scales took priority. Plus I didnt like the sculpt of cyclops on the xmen dio...awful IMO. Colossus is a god on it but cyclops ...meh for me. Hulk vs spidey is stunning and is a grail. Just had to be honest to myself and get the space back.

Yeah I understand, I must admit if you don't love the Hulk PF then it's not worth keeping considering the money it commands now. I've just put my Hawkeye PF up for sale. Like you I'm limited for space & I bought him purely because he's an Avenger & looks cool. I would love to keep him purely because of that but I promised myself I wouldn't buy statues for that reason alone anymore. Now I'm into 1/4 scale the character really needs to mean something to me

Last edited:

As I said befory to you Gasdoc, great looking collection and very well edited video and nice commentary:clap

Re: Gasdoc's collection May 2013. UK (Pg 2 Poison Ivy has arrived !..Youtube review)

Hope this is helpful to some as shot with SLR in natural light. No real issue with mine and delighted with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ0IBDxII1o

Nice review again Gasdoc, well edited and just an overall great review.

I have the regular one on pre-order at my retailer. I hope mine turns out as well as yours:yess:. Looks like a very good paintjob on yours. So the exclusive head is just the big one on the left?

Congrats with this great addition:clap

Back