Gas Prices

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from Woodsy

Though it is obviously pretty clear that big business [in this case the oil industry] is making record profits at the expense of the rest of us with little regard for the effect it is having, it was not the oil industry that tied their own hands and made it virtually impossible to drill for oil domestically or build new refineries. That honor goes to Bill Clinton and the Democrat lead Congress in 1995.

Its is amazing to me how I agree with you when you write about collectibles or films but always am 100% opposed to your politics..... and I mean that in a humorously ironic way. :D

If you are right (and of course you are not) could you explain why there has not been a new refinery built in the USA in 30 years when the date you gave to pin the whole mess on Clinton was only 13 years ago?

And if I am not mistaken (and I rarely am) 1995 would have been the first year in congress of the Republican Revolution which had a majority in both houses under the infamous Contract On America --- sorry - Contract For America. So when you point the finger of blame, it would be good to see who else is in your sights.

Of course, all this is nice historical detail but the fact is sooner or later its going to hit the fan and even god-fearing, suit wearing tax payers are going to stand up and do a Twisted Sister imitation screaming "were not gonna take it any more". I look forward to that day.

and for jesseawilson -- I could read your posts all day ... problem is my eyes keep getting distracted by the photo .... thankfully.

There was a special on CNBC last night about the "gas going to $12 a gallon" statement made a couple of days ago by an expert.

They had interviews from a number of CEOs and I thought it was interesting that the head of LL Bean said that they can't raise prices high enough to compensate for increased costs from the rise of oil prices. If a clothing retailer is having this problem, imagine what companies like toy manufacturers are having with petroleum based products?

JetBlue said that their expenses for fuel were $4 Billion last year and $6 Billion this year - that's a pretty hefty increase.

There was a special on CNBC last night about the "gas going to $12 a gallon" statement made a couple of days ago by an expert.

They had interviews from a number of CEOs and I thought it was interesting that the head of LL Bean said that they can't raise prices high enough to compensate for increased costs from the rise of oil prices. If a clothing retailer is having this problem, imagine what companies like toy manufacturers are having with petroleum based products?

JetBlue said that their expenses for fuel were $4 Billion last year and $6 Billion this year - that's a pretty hefty increase.

if the gas keeps climbing i'm gonna riot and start burning stuff down---serious. this is BS!!!! i don't care for reasons, explanations-- this is crap. i spend more on gas than the car payment???? ^^^^^* that!!!!!

:lol:lol:rotfl

Call me a Hippie man but I love clean air, beautiful forests, and clean oceans. :rock :D

I love them as well! I'm a loner and I hate everyone, so my ideal retirement spot would be a log cabin with all the amenities, up the mountains, with lots of woods, snow and wildlife, but no one else around for miles!!! :rock

Guys, I dumped $60 into my Jeep and didn't fill my tank! Between my wife and i we spend over $100 a week in gas! I'm seriously thinking of proposing that i work 4 , 10 hour days at my job so I can save a day of gas!

I drive a Toyota Celica and it only holds 13 gallons in the tank, but I can last 2-3 weeks without refueling. When I take the bus to work everyday I can go a good month without seeing the pump.

I drive a Toyota Celica and it only holds 13 gallons in the tank, but I can last 2-3 weeks without refueling. When I take the bus to work everyday I can go a good month without seeing the pump.

I remember when I had a honda civic and it cost $12.00 to fill the tank. :lol

I love them as well! I'm a loner and I hate everyone, so my ideal retirement spot would be a log cabin with all the amenities, up the mountains, with lots of woods, snow and wildlife, but no one else around for miles!!! :rock

I definitely feel that Lonnie. :rock My ideal is Costa Rica where I will wake up early each morning to empty beaches and head high surf. Rain forests and empty roads. :D

You should check out a movie called Into the Wild. It's about a young man who gives it all up and treks across the country to finally live with nature in Alaska. I enjoyed it, I bet you would too. :)

I definitely feel that Lonnie. :rock My ideal is Costa Rica where I will will wake up early each morning to empty beaches and head high surf. Rain forests and empty roads. :D

You should check out a movie called Into the Wild. It's about a young man who gives it all up and treks across the country to finally live with nature in Alaska. I enjoyed it, I bet you would too. :)

Just as long as you don't eat the wrong type of berries. :lecture

I remember when I had a honda civic and it cost $12.00 to fill the tank. :lol

I don't feel sorry for people who spend $100s at the pump. If anything, I think people should be mad at them. Had they not been driving frickin tanks to and from their job and wasting so much gas we might not be in the pinch we are now.

There was no reason for people to be driving 4 door SUVs and F150s too and from their office jobs or to go buy ice cream cones.

Morons waisted the gas and now everyone is paying for it. I'm just glad I never had the Napolean complex to buy myself an F350 or Hummer.

I don't feel sorry for people who spend $100s at the pump. If anything, I think people should be mad at them. Had they not been driving frickin tanks to and from their job and wasting so much gas we might not be in the pinch we are now.

There was no reason for people to be driving 4 door SUVs and F150s too and from their office jobs or to go buy ice cream cones.

Morons waisted the gas and now everyone is paying for it. I'm just glad I never had the Napolean complex to buy myself an F350 or Hummer.

I am one of those said morons. But I live in an area where it snows a good bit and have reason for it. I also have to be at my job snow or not. So that is my excuse. In the summer time the wife drives us.

Well. I live in Colorado and get a lot of snow too, but my little frontwheel drive Toyota has never been in a snow related crash. The problem isn't the snow, its the speeds and the fact that everyone else is the "moron" too. If everyone was driving little cars when appropriate you wouldn't feel the need to armor up.

Back