Gas Prices

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am laughing at all those fools with SUVs and big trucks now. If I am paying $50 at the pump for my little car then their bill must be in the $100's and to that I say.....:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

I always thought those people in Hummers and huge cars were a) either compensating for their lack of something between their legs or B) just incredible morons that had to go with whatever trend was hot.

Well. I live in Colorado and get a lot of snow too, but my little frontwheel drive Toyota has never been in a snow related crash. The problem isn't the snow, its the speeds and the fact that everyone else is the "moron" too. If everyone was driving little cars when appropriate you wouldn't feel the need to armor up.

I don't get stuck in the snow though either. Nor do I slide. I am also not an ass when I drive in the snow. I sometimes have cars trying to ride my ass. I prefer to have a vehicle that can handle anything. :D

As Darthrazz mentioned above, another cultural change that I think can help save the country from going into fuel cost meltdown is a shift from working 5 days a week to 4 or as my work does it 9 days every 2 weeks instead of 10.

Another thing is where is this great "work from home" revolution that was promised with the advent of personal computing? Businesses need to start hooking more people up with the means to do that or start getting more satalite offices closer to residential areas as opposed to making people commute from suburbs to the city all the time.

As Darthrazz mentioned above, another cultural change that I think can help save the country from going into fuel cost meltdown is a shift from working 5 days a week to 4 or as my work does it 9 days every 2 weeks instead of 10.

Another thing is where is this great "work from home" revolution that was promised with the advent of personal computing? Businesses need to start hooking more people up with the means to do that.

I wish I could work from home. That would :rock

Well thousands of years from now when the Sun goes supernova and destroys everything, all this save the planet bs will be just wasted effort.

Actually it's more like billions of years.And they say first it will turn into a red giant,comsume the inner planets,then turn into a planetary nebula.Our Sun won't go Super Nova because it is not big enough for that to happen

I like science.:D

Last edited:
Something on the news last night about Ford scaling back on production of SUV's and trucks...

Yeah the are scaling back about 200,000 SUV's and trucks. Also for people looking to trade theirs or sell things aren't looking so good. The value has been decreased.

I just paid $4.09 and it cost $75 to fill up. I don't live close to work and I have to fill up about once a week. Not fun.

LOL @ Americans complaining about Gas prices :) :)

Here in Australia petrol has hit $1.63 a litre.
Now 1 US Gallon = 3.79 Litres. No one is going to put in 3.79 litres,so lets say 4 litres to make it even.

4 x $1.63 = $6.52.

So we are paying $6.52 a gallon.
This is only for the basic unleaded fuel too. Premium is higher again, and diesel is even higher again @ $1.81 litre.

We also have further distances to drive. The major State capital cities eg: (Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne) are approx 1000km apart.

Cheers

In the UK it comes out to about $9/gallon. But I remember when we were complaining about it hitting $1.

he's stating regular price. I have a gas station in front of where I live and it's $4.29 for plus. (same city) sooooo glad I ride a motorcycle. :D

Best value for money.

Great Performance and low fuel costs too.

What bike do you ride mate? It's always good to see another motorcyclist here :rock

Back