Gary Oldman in hot water!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most shocking thing I read in that link was that Pharrell is 41. Does. Not. Look. It. Seriously, though, I always thought he was like twenty something.

Well, with this hat he looks 12...

Pharrell-Williams-Happy-to-Join-The-Voice.jpg

...waiting on Smokey the Bear to file a complaint! :cuss

I think Paddington Bear would like a piece of that legal action as well:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 125
I'm always reminded of this stand-up clip whenever a new story of someone offending someone else gets picked up by the Internet and media lynch mobs (skip to 3:20):

PsychoCenobite :horror

I don't get why these people go after real problems like companies that are racist, or cops that are racist or real cases were real people were hurt. Real Cases of discrimination happen every day where people are being affected,

But No.....they they instead waste their time going after famous people doing dumb crap.

That's when you know they really don't give a crap about equality or respect or any of that, because real injustice goes unnoticed, Specially by them most of all.

Man that kimmel video is embarassing.
You can feel that he is really affraid of the consequences.
Now we really need MEL GIBSON back, he's a damn fine director.

I don't get why these people go after real problems like companies that are racist, or cops that are racist or real cases were real people were hurt. Real Cases of discrimination happen every day where people are being affected,

But No.....they they instead waste their time going after famous people doing dumb crap.

That's when you know they really don't give a crap about equality or respect or any of that, because real injustice goes unnoticed, Specially by them most of all.

Same reason Obama, Sharpton, Jackson get on the TV and speak about outrage over one or two provocative murders, yet say and do nothing about the twenty-something murders in one weekend in Chicago the other week and the 24 shootings in Chicago over this past weekend. Many people hear anything about it? Did we see Obama and others on television demanding something be done? No. Because apparently black on black murder and crimes and black on white (which is increasing more and more) don't even get on their radar screen, because there's no sensationalism there. It's not PC candy. It's reality they don't want to deal with. Same for that NBA owner, Sterling. There are plenty of black players who have said off-the-cuff stuff publicly that could easily be taken offense to. They aren't held to the same standard as an NBA owner? It's just a bunch of b.s. PC crap and one-sided perspectives.

Same reason Obama, Sharpton, Jackson get on the TV and speak about outrage over one or two provocative murders, yet say and do nothing about the twenty-something murders in one weekend in Chicago the other week and the 24 shootings in Chicago over this past weekend. Many people hear anything about it? Did we see Obama and others on television demanding something be done? No. Because apparently black on black murder and crimes and black on white (which is increasing more and more) don't even get on their radar screen, because there's no sensationalism there. It's not PC candy. It's reality they don't want to deal with. Same for that NBA owner, Sterling. There are plenty of black players who have said off-the-cuff stuff publicly that could easily be taken offense to. They aren't held to the same standard as an NBA owner? It's just a bunch of b.s. PC crap and one-sided perspectives.

You just reminded me, I remember when the Zimmerman trial was going on that on that month there were like 400 deaths in Chicago because of gang related violence or something like that?(The number might be completely off but I remember it was in the hundreds.)

That was kind of shocking to me. I never knew it was that bad over there :(

You just reminded me, I remember when the Zimmerman trial was going on that on that month there were like 400 deaths in Chicago because of gang related violence or something like that?(The number might be completely off but I remember it was in the hundreds.)

That was kind of shocking to me. I never knew it was that bad over there :(

My wife is from Chicago and it is sad to see how out of control her hometown has gotten. I was there six years ago and it was fine. Now it seems like a war zone. But there is no outcry from the President, or Sharpton, or Jackson or any of those that should have a vested interest in stopping the deaths of black people. You're right, during the Zimmerman trial, there were tons of shootings and deaths, black on black violence, and black on white. (Remember the white teen attacked by a group on the way home or the white man who was in Atlanta (I believe) who was pushed down an embankment by some black gang?) Just a blip on the local news.

So back to Oldman's points...he's 100% right. Backtracking now is only making him look like everyone else that caves into the PC pressure. You do have a right in this country to speak your mind. And people have the right not to like it. All this shaking down of businesses and people because they have a different opinion is such a double-standard. It's like you can have any opinion that agrees with me, but it you don't you are homophobic or a rascist. Please.... I'm just glad I grew up in the 70s and 80s when this crap wasn't an issue.

The Zimmerman example makes me think about all the hoopla that starts up following a school shooting (or even major intelligence failures). Of course, these are horrific incidents that we should try to better understand and prevent, but until one happens society and government as a whole seem kind of complacent about it. Then, one happens, it dominates the media, and we see federal funding efforts toward research and prevention, school policies across the country start changing, gun control debates rage on, etc., for awhile, then it all peters out until the next one. But every day poor, urban areas (such as that in the city I live in) experience absurd levels of gun-related violence that is generally ignored. It's a question of who is effected as much as anything else (if they are poor and on the lower rungs of the socio-economic spectrum, and if it's seen as bad people doing bad things to other bad people, then they aren't going to get much real attention), but it's also an issue of attention span and spectacle. Folks get distracted by whatever the shiny new thing is placed in front of them, but quickly get disinterested and move on to whatever the next outrageous issue is. And I don't want to understate the importance of laws regarding who can legally use a gun in which instances here, either, but the Zimmerman thing was an isolated incident that will have a limited legal impact. It wasn't a Supreme Court case that was going to have genuinely wide-ranging implications or something, so the attention it received was certainly disproportionate to the importance of the case. Same with crap like the Oldman issue. But this is the way it is. It's almost hard to find real news anymore. Particularly if you get your news from the TV.

That's one thing I'll give The Dark Knight, some of the writing was so on point as a social commentary pertaining to our culture. Joker's speech to Dent, for example:

You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

It's such a true statement. Gang violence goes unheard of, but a national debate stirs if a mass shooting occurs, which, statistically, seems far more rare than the other forms of gun violence. For me, though, the things that make me most sick are the politicians. "This is yet another reminder that we need to talk about gun control." I'm not saying there shouldn't be restrictions, but, when you use the deaths of children to further your own agenda, under the guise of sympathy, it's disgusting and crass.

Politicians don't really upset me anymore. The key is to peel back the thin veneer and understand what they really are--self interested, power hungry ego maniacs. What they actually "believe" is not particularly relevant, nor is what they say. It's all about obtaining and maintaining power. The ones that don't appear as crass and pandering are usually just better at disguising it, which is better for politicians in some areas than in others. Sure, they'll try to do good so long as it will further their own wellbeing (or sometimes, simply if it won't hurt them in that regard), but usually that's a very distant concern. And yeah, it is sad that the "debates" of this kind do dictate a lot of policy, attention, and funding. "Educational reform" in this state reeks of it, since we have a seemingly two-faced governor with national ambitions who isn't remotely concerned with the well-being of the kids in this state. But that's the way it is.

The Zimmerman example makes me think about all the hoopla that starts up following a school shooting (or even major intelligence failures). Of course, these are horrific incidents that we should try to better understand and prevent, but until one happens society and government as a whole seem kind of complacent about it. Then, one happens, it dominates the media, and we see federal funding efforts toward research and prevention, school policies across the country start changing, gun control debates rage on, etc., for awhile, then it all peters out until the next one. But every day poor, urban areas (such as that in the city I live in) experience absurd levels of gun-related violence that is generally ignored. It's a question of who is effected as much as anything else (if they are poor and on the lower rungs of the socio-economic spectrum, and if it's seen as bad people doing bad things to other bad people, then they aren't going to get much real attention), but it's also an issue of attention span and spectacle. Folks get distracted by whatever the shiny new thing is placed in front of them, but quickly get disinterested and move on to whatever the next outrageous issue is. And I don't want to understate the importance of laws regarding who can legally use a gun in which instances here, either, but the Zimmerman thing was an isolated incident that will have a limited legal impact. It wasn't a Supreme Court case that was going to have genuinely wide-ranging implications or something, so the attention it received was certainly disproportionate to the importance of the case. Same with crap like the Oldman issue. But this is the way it is. It's almost hard to find real news anymore. Particularly if you get your news from the TV.

That's what my History professor said to me once, "If you ever want to watch real news and the truth about current events, watch international news, Nothing american. And also look for independent news outlets and not big budget ones." He said whenever something happened here he would look for news about it elsewhere, never from an american news channel

That's what my History professor said to me once, "If you ever want to watch real news and the truth about current events, watch international news, Nothing american. And also look for independent news outlets and not big budget ones." He said whenever something happened here he would look for news about it elsewhere, never from an american news channel

:lol
Like who?!
al jazera,The BBC, Pravda?
Name one true small independent unbiased news outlet, just one mind you.
Heres a news flash: Bias isn't a uniquely American trait.

I wouldn't go that far. There are some pretty good sources of U.S. news--the News Hour on TV, Washington Post, New York Times. Of course, there is no such thing as totally objective news, but those are all pretty good. And even there you will get a focus on hot button topics that often aren't as worthy as certain other topics. But non-U.S. sources aren't necessarily better. I've had plenty of folks from the UK tell me how biased the BBC is, and even the Guardian. But the Economist magazine (UK based) is very good. I guess if you want to be fully informed though you'll read everything from Al Jazeera and Le Monde to the UK and US stuff.

Back