Gary Oldman in hot water!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture :exactly: I could never be inebriated enough to say the things Mel said in anger. It points to a core set of beliefs as far as I'm concerned. Appalling stuff. But yeah, Polanksi gets a pass... Woody Allen gets a pass...

I'm pretty disappointed in Oldman apologising the way he did. Having written his initial mea culpa he should've just pointed to that every time a question on the matter was put to him. "I've made a written apology, that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned". But now he has been totally humiliated and looks like a man who can't stand by his convictions. He's suffered the modern day equivalent of having tomatoes thrown at him in a public square.

I have a girlfriend who can drink anything and just be a happy drunk, except for whiskey. For some reason if she drinks that she gets downright mean and says all kinds of things and wants to fight. My father couldn't drink beer or he'd be a mean drunk. Believe me, they can say all kinds of things that normally they wouldn't even think of.

What Richard said wasn't part of his show.

he was on stage doing his show and he was dealing with a heckler. it wasn't an interview or a normal setting. He was doing his stand up and the guy kept being an idiot.

Comedians usually use jokes to humiliate hecklers. this is not even the first time a comedian has said something inappropriate to deal with one.

Louis CK has said worse things to hecklers. and on his show he has said the N word, he has made rape jokes, jokes about dumpster babies, about 911, and yet he is america's favorite comedian. :dunno

I have a girlfriend who can drink anything and just be a happy drunk, except for whiskey. For some reason if she drinks that she gets downright mean and says all kinds of things and wants to fight. My father couldn't drink beer or he'd be a mean drunk. Believe me, they can say all kinds of things that normally they wouldn't even think of.

That's one reason I don't drink much. I've got a nasty temper and I'd prefer to not let it out if I drank too much.

He needs to stick to smoking pot instead of drinking. Mellow his ass out! :lol

Naw.

People just need to quit being so high strung about the opinions other people have.

Don't like what is being said in a article you are reading? Stop reading it.

he was on stage doing his show and he was dealing with a heckler. it wasn't an interview or a normal setting. He was doing his stand up and the guy kept being an idiot.

Comedians usually use jokes to humiliate hecklers. this is not even the first time a comedian has said something inappropriate to deal with one.

Louis CK has said worse things to hecklers. and on his show he has said the N word, he has made rape jokes, jokes about dumpster babies, about 911, and yet he is america's favorite comedian. :dunno

Appropriate contexualisation of comedic and satirical remarks or images is important . There is a clear distinction between what can be described as 'material', or part of a 'shtick' and remarks that hold no substance other than offence. Richards' comments had no comic context and were intended specifically and exclusively to offend and humiliate. Louis CK is self-aware. Richards was flustered and out of his depth.

I've never been around drinkers like that, ever, and I'm not one myself. The whole notion that someone could not know much about what they're saying or doing, and wake up not knowing exactly what they did the night before, is foreign to me. Sounds like people should have been more concerned about the fact that Mel was drunk and behind the wheel than the drunken, racist gibberish he was spitting.

I've never been around drinkers like that, ever, and I'm not one myself. The whole notion that someone could not know much about what they're saying or doing, and wake up not knowing exactly what they did the night before, is foreign to me. Sounds like people should have been more concerned about the fact that Mel was drunk and behind the wheel than the drunken, racist gibberish he was spitting.

I'm betting if he hit someone they'd be more concerned about his gibberish.

Naw.

People just need to quit being so high strung about the opinions other people have.

Don't like what is being said in a article you are reading? Stop reading it.

True, but in Shia case he gets in trouble simply due to drinking. Maybe he should try some other vice.

I bet the media and the PC police have to scratch their collective heads when dealing with one supposed oppressed minority being insensitive to another supposed oppressed minority. It's always so much easier for them when one of the equation is white and male.

I bet the media and the PC police have to scratch their collective heads when dealing with one supposed oppressed minority being insensitive to another supposed oppressed minority. It's always so much easier for them when one of the equation is white and male.

Minority one-upsmanship :lol

Through adoption and a whole bunch of other complicated events, my immediate family consists of pure Indian, African, Chinese, Italian, Latvian and French blood.

And y'know what? Not a single one of us has had it drummed into us that we come from a race of victims who need to fight for our ethnic dignity and uniqueness at every turn. We're human beings and demand mutual respect on that basis, and on that basis alone.

My mother telling my Ethiopean brother, having his picture taken in a dark room, to "smile so your father can see you" = :lol

Me telling my Italian father that I hope Italy don't win the World Cup because "Italians are a bunch of cheating, diving bastards" = :lol

...or my Chinese ass berating "bloody Asian drivers!" from behind the wheel = :lol

Context and intent is important. That's why extreme PC irritates me so much... it disregards context and frames everything in hostile terms.

The most shocking thing I read in that link was that Pharrell is 41. Does. Not. Look. It. Seriously, though, I always thought he was like twenty something.

He's probably got some Asian genes in there someplace.

Oops, racism, my bad :slap

Back