Gandalf the Grey Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one this morning. I ws hoping for a light up staff, but it's still really cool. This and Saruman will be the only 2 I'll buy from this line. I hope they actually make a Saruman.

Good day all!!

I'm not blown away by it.

I couldnt put my finger on it either when I first saw it, but something wasnt right. After reading this thread, I agree that its his hat - too high.

I like the overall design and pose. But I just dont think the likeness is there. Its a good sculpt IMO, just doesnt look like McKellan. They didnt get his warm, kindly look. I think the GG bust is the best likeness I've seen.

I dont particularly care for name plates either, so I'm glad they didnt include one.

I also think they should have gone with a darker base. That white base doesnt "anchor" the bust IMO, would look better with GTW.

Looks nice but I'm going to hold out for the PF of GtG.

I'm kind of doing the same thing but also I'd rather add a Dio, 1:6th, or PF. The PF or Dio's especially will take up about as much space and that's really becoming an issue so for now I will pass on GTG. Though, if I had enough RWP to make it Free Id get it.

SS great bust but PLEASE LOWER THE HAT ON HIS HEAD A BIT!!!!:rolleyes: From the front view its way too high I've shown the picture to about 8 people today and they ALL said the same thing that the hat was too high on his head!!

SS great bust but PLEASE LOWER THE HAT ON HIS HEAD A BIT!!!!:rolleyes: From the front view its way too high I've shown the picture to about 8 people today and they ALL said the same thing that the hat was too high on his head!!

Yeah, I think you're right. It's a great bust, and I don't know why I haven't noticed it until now, but the hat does seem to sit a bit high on his head. I think lowering the hat by even 1"-1.5" would make quite a difference.

That's something I've noticed as well. It looked off 2 me but wasn't sure what it was. Either way I'm gonna pass.

How's this?

gtg_bust.jpg

Here's a GIF version to emphasize how slight the change really is, yet how effective it is.

gtg_bust.gif

Y'know, his hat doesn't actually flop straight on his head like that. Take a look at how they did the GTG SS/W bust and you'll notice how well that nailed it.

Actually, the SSW GtG Bust. Is this one any better? I recall that one being a beauty. Is the consensus that this ones better?

Robodad thanks for the photoshop now THAT makes all the difference!! Here is another example of how the tiniest adjustment to a statue/bust can make or break it. I really hope they fix this or that its just some dodgy camera angle cos in most of the side angles and back shots it looks ok but from the front, well.... was it a windy day in Hobbiton, cos that hat is just takin off!!:rotfl
So Dusty and anyone else in the "Powers That Be" department who could be reading this, can they take both the PF GTW and this cool GTG bust back into the theatre for a little bit more "nip and tuck" Ta :lol

PS I'm not complaining as I'm buying these both anyway but seriously guys FIX THE FRIGGIN HAT!!!

Back