Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick question about the mod. I pulled my Gammy's head off and it is a ball joint. I see the part with the black ring but am having trouble getting it to seperate from the rest. Anyone have any tips?

Mine did the same thing. I wasn't expecting that black piece to be stuck in the head.

On mine the black thing can not be removed. What do you guys mean by a ball joint? Mine had no such thing, just a spinning joint.

On mine, and it seems like everyone else's. . . .this part is stuck in the head.

And from the sound of it, yours wasn't.

gammymod04.jpg

You're saying your head joint wasn't a ball joint, but when the neck peg with the black ring is off, there's a ball joint underneath.

I'm glad I haven't attempted this yet. Sounds like there may be an issue with how you tear the head off.

So does it work best to keep the head peg on the neck joint?

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Well, the black ring didn't come of on mine so I tried another mod cause I didn't wan't to ruin the neckjoint. I still had some fabric with a very fine texture. Applied it with dubble sticky tape so it isn't permanent. Hope you like....:wave

On mine, and it seems like everyone else's. . . .this part is stuck in the head.

And from the sound of it, yours wasn't.

gammymod04.jpg

You're saying your head joint wasn't a ball joint, but when the neck peg with the black ring is off, there's a ball joint underneath.

Yeah. On mine what you see in this pic doesn't move. So the head was just pushed down on that black piece. I just slowly worked the head back and force until it pulled off of that black piece. When I dremeled out the head I just dremeled until the hole JUST fit over that black ring so the head falls lower but still sticks to the hole enough so it can stay in different positions.

In all honesty I say go for the head mod. The head is very soft plastic underneath so you will see/feel how the head is becoming looser before it comes off. It was really easy and only scary for just a second when the head came off.

Yeah. On mine what you see in this pic doesn't move. So the head was just pushed down on that black piece. I just slowly worked the head back and force until it pulled off of that black piece. When I dremeled out the head I just dremeled until the hole JUST fit over that black ring so the head falls lower but still sticks to the hole enough so it can stay in different positions.

In all honesty I say go for the head mod. The head is very soft plastic underneath so you will see/feel how the head is becoming looser before it comes off. It was really easy and only scary for just a second when the head came off.

So essentially you got a defective figure?? That's supposed to be a ball-joint. Yours only turned side to side?? Bizarre.

This is what I have, and I suspect everyone else has. So, that's why I'm confused about this whole thing.

004nnw.jpg

005od.jpg

I'm thinking about just wedging a screwdriver between the black piece and the head to see if I can pop it free. Seems like it's glued in there pretty good though.

Well, the black ring didn't come of on mine so I tried another mod cause I didn't wan't to ruin the neckjoint. I still had some fabric with a very fine texture. Applied it with dubble sticky tape so it isn't permanent. Hope you like....:wave

That looks perfect. :clap Love the fabric at the back. What did you do differently for the mod?

I just got Gammy, I have a question. His left foot is stuck at the ankle, where the foot meets the ball joint. The actual ball joint will swivel left to right and up and down but it's where the foot meets the ball joint that it's stuck. His right foot it does move. They didn't design it to do this did they? I only ask this because I noticed he's pretty top heavy, and how it's stuck, it actually helps him stand up. Please let me know, I think I know the answer. I keep trying to pry it to move and it's not...

I just got Gammy, I have a question. His left foot is stuck at the ankle, where the foot meets the ball joint. The actual ball joint will swivel left to right and up and down but it's where the foot meets the ball joint that it's stuck.

Mine is stuck on the right foot. I'm reasonably certain they didn't design it that way. But I've done all sorts of corrective procedures, heating it up, wedging something in there, freezing it. . . nothing gets it unstuck. It feels like it's glued in.

I've requested a replacement but it sure is taking a long time to hear back.

So essentially you got a defective figure?? That's supposed to be a ball-joint. Yours only turned side to side?? Bizarre.

This is what I have, and I suspect everyone else has. So, that's why I'm confused about this whole thing.

004nnw.jpg

005od.jpg

I'm thinking about just wedging a screwdriver between the black piece and the head to see if I can pop it free. Seems like it's glued in there pretty good though.

Well I'll be damned. Guess my defective head made it easier to do the mod. :rotfl

So what you'd want to do is pry out the black ring (with everything else in the head) out. Then glue that piece to the nub on the neck. Then follow the rest of my directions.

Well I'll be damned. Guess my defective head made it easier to do the mod. :rotfl

So what you'd want to do is pry out the black ring (with everything else in the head) out. Then glue that piece to the nub on the neck. Then follow the rest of my directions.

:slap

OK, I'll give this a go this weekend.

I finally got around to taking photos of my finished Gammy repaint. The only thing I did was match the color at the bottom of his cheeks and then painted his nose and lips that color to match the movie. I also yellowed his teeth and horns to better match the more yellow color of the movie. I then used some nice gloss to give him a really wet drool and nose and added a touch of gloss to the eyes. I'm extremely happy how he came out.

gammymod06.jpg

gammymod07.jpg

Back