Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What neck mod did you do, Chakaman?

I have two of these guys, and keep meaning to mod them. I can't understand people not loving them, Sideshow made some strange choices on this figure, it's like 80% there. I'm still grateful they made the Gamorrean at all. I know it can look great with the right mods.
I removed the rubber ring on the neck post and dremmelled out neck hole a bit. Basically, the head sits on the shoulders helping the overall look.

There are pics somewhere here on the forums. Its crazy to think I did the mod 10+ years ago.

FB_IMG_1644182055732.jpg

Damn, this guy really goes for that much? :horror

Mine is still brand new in it's box & shipper and never opened... :lol Now I'm tempted to unload it.... *not really

Along with my OG Jabba & Throne, Salacious Crumb & Bubo pack. All Brandy Spanky new. I unfortunately had passed on Bib. I've never opened any of them since the Throne was so big and I never had a place to set it up. One of these days...:(

Last edited:
If SSC did a re-release (highly unlikely I know) I'd probably grab two, but I still need to finish the mods on my existing two. The stock fig is decent but it has kinda meh paint, odd proportions out of the box and quite limited articulation (no elbow or knee joints - the one on the left I added elbows to.)

koV4vLl.jpg

Wow I had no idea they didn't have elbow/knee articulation. That's pretty crappy.

They don't really need it to be honest. I think the joints would be an eyesore. The real issue is the posture or position they chose for the legs. They gave him this completely straight, locked knees position, which is a very odd choice. The Gamorreans never seem to stand in a straight up position on screen, they're always sort of hunching, knees bent.

Like I said, Sideshow made some very strange choices with this fig, which is why it's almost there but not quite. The posture of the legs needs to be fixed, the neck, or lack of, needs to be fixed, the odd wrong colour britches, the flat paint job etc. I'm confident, with some modding, if I ever get around to it, they can look really great.

Sideshow just doesnt like money. Thats why they dont rerelease greedo, hammerhead, gamorrean guards, 4lom, dengar or cantina band members.

Oddly they did 2.0 of deluxe vader, (but not anh version, which really needed it because the first was 15") fett, bossk, and ig88 but I'm not sure they were much better than the 1.0 versions.

Back