Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually looking forward to ordering one of these, until I noticed the lack of articulation. I can't justify picking him up for the price with so few POAs.

Artuculation doesn't matted to me on this guy.. its not like the movie GG's were doing gymnastics.

Artuculation doesn't matted to me on this guy.. its not like the movie GG's were doing gymnastics.

Doesn't matter. They should be able to do gymnastics in case they are called upon to do so.

I dig articulation myself. And would prefer massive amounts on any figure. but if I can buy Jabba without it, I can buy the Gamorrean Guard.

Doesn't matter. They should be able to do gymnastics in case they are called upon to do so.

I dig articulation myself. And would prefer massive amounts on any figure. but if I can buy Jabba without it, I can buy the Gamorrean Guard.

:yess: It is much needed. It is also essential to being true to the essence of the line. I know it's been debated many many times, but I'm of the opinion that a true 1/6th figure needs to be complimentary and contextual in aesthetic and engineering to the line that it belongs. 5 or 6 POA in a line of figures that has what, 35+ POA, is not in line with it's counterparts. Even though I bought it (2), like Jabba, somehow my collection will feel tainted by this "statue" of a figure. I wish it had at least double knees as it looks like that could have easily been achieved.

Word was a long time ago that the articulation was designed to offer as much mobility as the actors in the costume had. That may not be as many articulation points as most figures, but to me, what counts is a figure's ability to represent the source. If less points achieves that, fine enough, I don't really look for figures to go beyond what the characters due, my whole reason for buying figures is because of the character's representation in the source and I only need them to serve representing the character in my home.

unless this piggy comes with articulated knees, ball joint hip and ankles would only provide very limited articulation. Still, better to have them than not, I suppose.

Only if you plan on having your Gammy do lunges. :lol Personally, I'm torn. If the articulation is as lame as it looks, I'm tempted just to keep my repainted Hasbro. No elbow or knee articulation would severely limit this piece's ability to be posed which means he'll look like a goddam Frankensteined baton tosser.

:lol Do we have confirmation on the points of articulation? I know the pic is showing the articulation, or lack of, reasonably clear though.

I don't care what Jabba did or didn't have, but the Gammy needs a fair bit of articulation, knees and elbows are a must, but 30+ points isn't neccessary.

I dont expect my action figures to be modeled after actors in rubber suits. I expect them to have some ACTION! Knowhadameen!

I dont expect my action figures to be modeled after actors in rubber suits. I expect them to have some ACTION! Knowhadameen!

You can't expect figures that only walk in the movies do things they can't do. Imagen if Yoda is jumping around the room... That just isn't the OT Yoda that we know :lecture

I really couldn't care less about 50 points of articulation. I buy figures to sit on my shelf display, i dont play with them. Besides what did a Gammy do in the entire movie apart from one grabbing its throat and another scrabbling out of that Rancor pit thing. They were hardly the most articulatied characters to begin with therefore any movie accurate poses (ie standing like a guard) will be possible with the articulation on offer.
I personally can't wait to pair it up with my Hasbro repaint..

Got mine ordered also. I like the looks of the figure. I hope that the figure is at least able to hold the long polearm across body. Not to concerned about the articuation of this figure.

:yess: It is much needed. It is also essential to being true to the essence of the line. I know it's been debated many many times, but I'm of the opinion that a true 1/6th figure needs to be complimentary and contextual in aesthetic and engineering to the line that it belongs. 5 or 6 POA in a line of figures that has what, 35+ POA, is not in line with it's counterparts. Even though I bought it (2), like Jabba, somehow my collection will feel tainted by this "statue" of a figure. I wish it had at least double knees as it looks like that could have easily been achieved.

A collector after my own heart!

Word was a long time ago that the articulation was designed to offer as much mobility as the actors in the costume had. That may not be as many articulation points as most figures, but to me, what counts is a figure's ability to represent the source. If less points achieves that, fine enough, I don't really look for figures to go beyond what the characters due, my whole reason for buying figures is because of the character's representation in the source and I only need them to serve representing the character in my home.

I do.

:lol Do we have confirmation on the points of articulation? I know the pic is showing the articulation, or lack of, reasonably clear though.

I don't care what Jabba did or didn't have, but the Gammy needs a fair bit of articulation, knees and elbows are a must, but 30+ points isn't neccessary.

QTF (except the part where you said 30+ points is not necessary)

What he said!

You can't expect figures that only walk in the movies do things they can't do. Imagen if Yoda is jumping around the room... That just isn't the OT Yoda that we know :lecture

Yes I can. And I do.

I really couldn't care less about 50 points of articulation.

You're fired.

I buy figures to sit on my shelf display, i dont play with them. Besides what did a Gammy do in the entire movie apart from one grabbing its throat and another scrabbling out of that Rancor pit thing. They were hardly the most articulatied characters to begin with therefore any movie accurate poses (ie standing like a guard) will be possible with the articulation on offer.
I personally can't wait to pair it up with my Hasbro repaint..

I do. And if I call upon my Gamorrean Guard to swing around the fight like Spider-Man...he damn well better be able to do it.

All that being said...I will still love my handicapped Gamorrean Guard as if he was normal.

me too!!!:gah:
greetings!

Didn't you read the TOS?

All members with fewer than 500 posts are required to agre with me.

:)

Welcome!

Edit - And I do, now, dub this figure Handi-Gam in honor of my favorite Damon Wayans character from In Living Color. He shall be referred to thusly henseforth. So let it be written. So let it be done.

No need for Articulation except in the shoulder area. My gammies are going to stand next to Jabba and like it!!

He'll be able to stand there... but he may not like it.

colll.jpg

He'll be able to stand there... but he may not like it.

colll.jpg

Superb repaint G:clap You got the green spot on imo. Love the blending you achieved with the pink to green.
I reckon these repainted GG's will more than hold their own with the SS versions. I like the idea of two different types of GG's standing guard over Jabba. Its far better than having identical figures. It adds to the visual appeal of the over-all set up...

Back