Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you see articulation in the prototype pics?
Thanks for the smart reply, at least that's how I'm taking it. Yeah I don't see any, but is it possible that there is a rubber suit with articulation under it like Hot Toys? I highly doubt it, but was hoping. When I ordered it, it said nothing about how many points of articulation it had. I guess that's because they didn't want to tell everyone 7 when all the other figures have 30+.

This is Sideshow we're talking about. They're not exactly pushing the envelope like Hot Toys. Besides, if they did manage to pull something like that off, they'd make a huge deal about it.
I agree with them making a big deal about it. Hey one can dream right?

Not with Sideshow. This'll be a vinyl/plastic figure with limited articulation. It's actually a big deal just to be getting figures now that incorporate non-standard bodies, before the Gammy, everything was built oup around a base human body.

Do you see articulation in the prototype pics?

It really does look like the right arm is straight in some pics and bent in others where he is holding the long-handled axe. Is there any chance it's a silicone suit over an articulated skeleton?

EDIT: Looking at it again I've changed my mind - I think it's just creative angles with the photography that's giving me the impression of different bends in the arm.

Last edited:
This is Sideshow we're talking about. They're not exactly pushing the envelope like Hot Toys. Besides, if they did manage to pull something like that off, they'd make a huge deal about it.

While we already know Gammy's rotocast, and isn't getting articulation in the elbows and knees, to be fair, before HotToys even thought of rubber suits, Sideshow made Creature From the Black Lagoon. Additionally, as old as he is, I've never had any issues with the rubber suit on Creature (despite being outside a detolf for a couple years) and he still poses great to this day. HotToys could learn a thing or 10 from that figure.

It really does look like the right arm is straight in some pics and bent in others where he is holding the long-handled axe. Is there any chance it's a silicone suit over an articulated skeleton?

EDIT: Looking at it again I've changed my mind - I think it's just creative angles with the photography that's giving me the impression of different bends in the arm.

Wouldn't be the first time they've misled customers with forced perspective photos. Luke and Han in Stormtrooper disguise comes to mind. :lol

The green on him looks good at the con.

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

I gotta say I'm just not feeling this figure. I'll still likely buy one, but just too many things look off on him for me to be 100% happy.

Still, very pleased that SS is willing to due articulated figures with completely unique bodies.

I gotta say I'm just not feeling this figure. I'll still likely buy one, but just too many things look off on him for me to be 100% happy.

Still, very pleased that SS is willing to due articulated figures with completely unique bodies.

I totally agree. It just doesn't feel right to me. I may just skip this and get the Attakus Gamorrean statue instead.

Gammy looks fantastic, nice green, costume is superb, albeit riding a bit high.

I just can't get past the fact there's no albow or knee articulation, I'm trying too, I could live without the knees but I don't see why they didn't do the elbows, I don't expect 30 points of articulation but this limits the figure.

Sure it's great we get a Gammy but I'm now not so impressed.

Last edited:
The only thing I'd really tweak is I'd like the fur skirt and his belt line to be lower more like this.

gamor.jpg

Gamorrean_Guard_with_Vibro-lance.jpg

I just always think of the fur covering most of his bottom and here it's the pants under it.

Back