Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see this thread brought back to life. Great pictures everyone.

20191029_221002.jpg
This figure is nice, but with a repaint and a few mods it can look even better.

That Bib is looking very nice there too. I just bought a second one of them recently for a good price - I now have three Bibs inclduing my heavily customized Hasbro. I really love Bib. :lol

I believe you were the first to repaint the Gammy nose.:lecture It is a little tough to get the color just right (I went too Cheeto on my first try) but just that change alone makes a huge difference.

Chaka’s pic reminds me that I need to get Bib out and set him back up now that Gammy is back home. Always wanted to repaint that sculpt.
That Bib is looking very nice there too. I just bought a second one of them recently for a good price - I now have three Bibs inclduing my heavily customized Hasbro. I really love Bib. :lol

I believe you were the first to repaint the Gammy nose.:lecture It is a little tough to get the color just right (I went too Cheeto on my first try) but just that change alone makes a huge difference.
Thanks guys. Yes, Bib is nice. I did repaint the sculpt. I would like to do a body swap on him.

It's hard to believe the Gamorrean Guard is 10+ years old. Performing the neck mod, adding cloth behind the neck and repainting the face is a must. As you said, it makes a huge difference and much more screen accurate.

i repainted mine and gave him a body swap also. even found him some soft pleather boots for him as well.View attachment 539115
Looks great GG - do you have a close-up of the repaiinted Bib head? The color he should be is always a bit confusing. I remember him in my mind as paler/off-white (maybe the Kenner figure coloring my memory,) but he's actually more of a pinkish flesh color I guess.

Is the new color that people used lighter or darker than the stock Sideshow paint, and how is the color different from that stock paint? darker/lighter, less pink, more/less even or dappled?

GG, you dipped that pic in blue toilet juice. :dunno:lol

We need some nice neutral daylight pics.

The gammys were 119 us when they came out. Was a decent jump up in price for figures then. Where are we at now? 250- 270 for bare bones! I should have bought more than one when I could!

Last edited:
Back