Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said that it will have cloth parts. And it will come with accessories so you can do the different guards. The articulation won't be any where near what a standard 1/6 has, but will allow about as much movement as the actual suits did.

Very cool, thanks for getting the extra insights Dave.

Looks good, will have to wait and see the final product before buying it though.
It would look cool near my Jabba though:cool:
:chew

They said that it will have cloth parts. And it will come with accessories so you can do the different guards. The articulation won't be any where near what a standard 1/6 has, but will allow about as much movement as the actual suits did.

Nice that it'll have extra accessories. What are the differences anyway?

Nice that it'll have extra accessories. What are the differences anyway?

There were two with staffs at the entrance to Jabba's palace, the same 2 that stop Luke. Others may have axes elsewhere in the palace, off the top of my head, not sure, I'd have to rewatch, the only Gamorreans I noticed with weapons were the two guards.

I'm excited to finally see a 1/6 alien body, too. If they really want to dig in and get their money's worth out of the R&D they can release a figure of "Piggy" the EU Gamorrean Rebel pilot. Yes, he does exist! They could keep it up with a lot of the cantina aliens, since many of them have Jedi or Rebel counterparts. Personally, I'd love to see Momaw Nadon, the Ithorian gardener(but he'll always be Hammerhead to us) and the Jedi Roron Corobb (mmm... corn on the cob...)

Found this, so while I can't recall seeing one on screen holding that weapon, have to check on that, they did make it for them.

It'll be cool to see what Sideshow does with the weapons, if they weather them, all the LOTR swords were pristine, which was right, but in Jabba's palace, everything looks like it's been around the block a few times.

372px-Gamorrean_Guard_with_Axe.jpg

gamor.jpg

This is the other weapon.

150px-Gamorrean_Guard_with_Vibro-lance.jpg

Hmmm, guess LFL even made this weapon, so they're all real, nothing Kenner/Hasbro made up.

star%20wars%20Gamorrean%20GuardA.jpg

So I guess, if you were inclined, if Sideshow makes all 3 weapons you could have 3 Gamorrean's to arm them uniquely, or two guards with the staffs and one with either axe.

I think they've been giving a lot more info out lately in the "Ask Sideshow" Q&As. In this case, there was a specific Star Wars panel and we got pretty lucky with this many sneak previews.

Where do we ask questions for SSC's weekly Q&A's? Is there a link on the official site or are they just responding to our own "Ask Sideshow" forum?

star%20wars%20Gamorrean%20GuardA.jpg

So I guess, if you were inclined, if Sideshow makes all 3 weapons you could have 3 Gamorrean's to arm them uniquely, or two guards with the staffs and one with either axe.

Nice work MF... and great news that it will be an articulated body with cloth parts. Was worried we'd be getting a fully sculpted piece from the early images.

Funny thing is when I first saw that image I was like "A is for Gammorean?"... then I remembered the "axe" :duh

Guess Alderaan would have been to difficult for the kiddes.

My guess is they will work it into the joints so its not super ovious, or just go with similar articulation to the Hasbro figure.

But I'd prefer upgrades like ball joints and elbow/knee articulation.

Back