Gamorrean Executioner Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm yeah i was expecting $300 at the most...that extra little bit puts it on the fence for me. Not sure anymore. I really like this piece...now the thinking process begins and priorities are to be set in place. :/

the pricing for this series is just retarded, the whole point of 1/5 non PF is suppose to fill the mid price tier crowd of $250-300 like the lotr maq and marvel comiquette did. If ss wants to charge PF prices then make them 1/4....

with no ex 2000+ es and $300+ PF price... just fail, such greedy bastard.

was so excited when they announced this since it's same scale as attakus, but glad I didn't buy into it, will still get bobs fett but thats it.

the pricing for this series is just retarded, the whole point of 1/5 non PF is suppose to fill the mid price tier crowd of $250-300 like the lotr maq and marvel comiquette did. If ss wants to charge PF prices then make them 1/4....

with no ex 2000+ es and $300+ PF price... just fail, such greedy bastard.

was so excited when they announced this since it's same scale as attakus, but glad I didn't buy into it, will still get bobs fett but thats it.

Im so on the same page with you

Ok, I'm going to try to be fair here....

I thought it was going to cost $299. Nobody knows the cost of production of this piece so I don't think it is fair to say that SS is "sticking it to us" . Maybe this is a fair price, I don't know.

The way I look at it is that after the NRD, it will be 300 bucks flex paid in 4 payments which is about $73 a month or 18 bucks a week. To me, that is not much if I really like a piece.

I don't know if you guys remember but I printed Obi Kenobi statue following the measurements and realized that it is a lot bigger than I thought. I wanted to make sure my printer was not distorting it and making it look bigger than actually is so I printed something I had and it matched almost perfectly which made me realize that Obi statue was going to be a great size. I did the same thing with Elder Predator Statue and I ordered it next day.

1/5 is not a small scale. Definitely not a PF but do we really think that Punisher Comiquette was a small piece? That was 1/5 too....

What I'm trying to say is that $325 is a lot, so is $350 for Kenobi statue but I think they are great looking pieces and $18 a week does not seem a lot to a collector. Now, if you have 10 things on Flexpay that would be $180 a week so I can understand how that can be hard but I have one or two things on Flex so getting a piece like this is not as bad.

$300 for a PF is pretty much gone. Things go up and I think $379, $399 is the new PF price. I mean, Blackbeard was $399, remember? I'm not saying that we should just shrug and take the price tag, but in the end it all comes down to how much you like a piece.

Just my two cents

Cheers

Bear

Fug that if it's too much don't buy it and show sideshow we aren't going to put up with these ludicrous price increases. $350 for 1/5 scale when a 1/4 scale statue costs $400 is ridiculous. If price of manufacturing was going up so much how do you explain that I can get a Kotobukiya 1/6 for $180, I know for damn sure it don't cost an extra $170 of polystone per statue to make it 1/5 scale, much like it shouldn't only cost $50 more to make a statue 1/4 scale. This is plain and simple gouging for a popular line of characters and license, I say we all stick it to them and cancel our orders and let 3000-5000 of these sit in their warehouses for years.

Fug that if it's too much don't buy it and show sideshow we aren't going to put up with these ludicrous price increases. $350 for 1/5 scale when a 1/4 scale statue costs $400 is ridiculous. If price of manufacturing was going up so much how do you explain that I can get a Kotobukiya 1/6 for $180, I know for damn sure it don't cost an extra $170 of polystone per statue to make it 1/5 scale, much like it shouldn't only cost $50 more to make a statue 1/4 scale. This is plain and simple gouging for a popular line of characters and license, I say we all stick it to them and cancel our orders and let 3000-5000 of these sit in their warehouses for years.

People really think that Sideshow is just bad and they are just trying to stick to us and are making huge profits on these pieces?

Is there a possibility that the price just reflects the production costs and they are trying to sell for a reasonable price and still get a profit? Is there a possibility that they are not evil and we should not try to punish them and if we don't like the price we just collect something else or not buy as many things?

I don't know.... I love collecting Sideshow pieces but if they start to sell PFs for 800 or more tomorrow I will start to collect something else and I'll not go after them like they don't have the right to put any price they seem fair or are an evil capitalist corporation just trying to stick to the little guy....

I like Sideshow. They sell high end Collectibles from $180 to $2500 and you get what you can afford. They have contests all the time, they give stuff away for no reason, they offer flex payments and have a great customer service so sorry but I will defend them when people just think of them as bad and greedy.....

Have a cup of coffee, relax and get a hug....

Cheers

Bear

Last edited:
screw those give aways.//if that lowers the prices overall I would much prefer they would stop that.. but they get rid of stuff they just dont sell...
. flexpay is just a curtain.. you still pay the price they are asking for.. just in slices..

I understand the high end quality you get from SS.. but still you have the believe they trying to mark up like crazy recently..

. flexpay is just a curtain.. you still pay the price they are asking for.. just in slices.

But that helps people that can not afford paying 350 at once. You can see that as bad but I see it as a way to plan how much you can spend a month....

Gee, people! Collectors over and over asked Sideshow to make it easier with Flexpay by adding more months and picking different dates and now they are doing that and people still complain about it....

(sigh)

Im am not saying it is bad.. its good.. and even I am using it.. but at the end you still pay the same price.

and if people complaining about a item what seams ot be overpriced.. argumenting to use flexpay doesnt change the final price on a pice... thats what I meant

Im am not saying it is bad.. its good.. and even I am using it.. but at the end you still pay the same price.

and if people complaining about a item what seams ot be overpriced.. argumenting to use flexpay doesnt change the final price on a pice... thats what I meant

No worries, man! I'm not trying to start a huge discussion about that. I just get a little worked up with some of the comments I read in the forum sometimes. Maybe I should be the one getting a cup coffee and a hug.... :1-1:

Cheers

Bear

Somebody else said that these could be more because of all the detail in them. If you compare this Gammy guard to the Joker PF its no comparison in the amount of detail and work that had to be done. Joker had two sculpted heads and thats all.... while the guard has the entire thing sculpted and it has so much more little details that are none existent on the Joker PF.

This whole price debate is getting very tiresome. These are the new prices and its not going to change. Get what you like and who care what everyone else says. I also find it funny that people will complain about these prices but will have no problem paying $500 for a pair of 1/6 scale Joker socks. :)

Last edited:
You can argue that these are more work than a PF due to the full-body sculpting and painting, but designing and sewing actual cloth outfits isn't cheap either. Plus, I'm not sure why these would be more expensive than statues in the same scale for LOTR, which are mostly $225-$250 (aside from the Snow Troll, which is PF size and goes for $325). I don't think we have exact dimensions for the Gamorrean, so maybe he's even bigger than we think, but I don't think he's 18" tall.

Thats true too but in the end this is what they cost now and its not going to change so no point in complaining about it. Get them if you like them (like I will) and if you don't then pass. Life is too short to worry about what you can't change.

i thought a forum is to discuss ... all aspects of a topic... :dunno

The other annoying thing about the price complaints is it all comes down "Sideshow is screwing the loyal collector". If we could have an actual realistic conversation about it with someone that actually has some insight into the business and the costs associated with manufacturing and marketing this stuff, that would be of real interest to me. But just acting like Sideshow is purposely out to alienate some of their market is silly and does get really boring.

Back