Statue Gaming Heads 1/4 Kratos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My issue is that he still has the Blades of Exile, instead of the Blades of Chaos :dunno if he had the golden fleece, that would make it ok but he doesn't.

gaming heads just confirmed this got pushed back til July :(

does any statue company ever actually deliver when they promise?

every company has these massive 3-12 months delays with PCS being the worse

I am surprised no pics up opn here yet!!!

Here are a few

P0013282.jpgP0013292.jpgP0013300.jpg

I was never a fan of the face sculpt of this statue but wow that came out very soft looking. The face looks like the little statue that came with the God Ascension game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The body looks cool though. I wasn't a fan of the color of the tattoos either. It just doesn't look detailed enough. Is it heavy?

The body looks cool though. I wasn't a fan of the color of the tattoos either. It just doesn't look detailed enough. Is it heavy?

This is one of those piece's that should have turned out badass. But it is kinda boring in person. The weight is actually nice. It's not too heavy. But it's solid. My gripe is just as you described it, the paint job is just too simple so you don't feel the menace your supposed to feel with this piece. To me very strange because the paint job is clean. Not one single chip, the pegs are tightly fitted. The box it came in was nice. But I'm still not going nuts over it. His features are just too soft to me. It could do with more striking features. Mixed media would have been great.

Yeah if you compare this with the skin texture and details of the face of the throne one it looks like separate companies. It's cool don't get me wrong but they do better work than this.

I was never a fan of the face sculpt of this statue but wow that came out very soft looking. The face looks like the little statue that came with the God Ascension game.

Yeah it really does, pretty sad...the sculpt still looks pretty good, but the paint does ruin it a lot.

They look like different sculptors completely. This one looked off even as a prototype the sculpt in the face didn't look nearly as life like as the throne piece.

Does anyone know if Gaming Heads will send out emails before we are billed for this statue or the Throne statue? Or will they just bill and ship?

They look like different sculptors completely. This one looked off even as a prototype the sculpt in the face didn't look nearly as life like as the throne piece.

I still think the prototype looks better than the production piece! This is my first statue from Gaming Heads. The throne statue looks way better, seems there is more detail. What I will say is the sculpt itself is what saves it as being an ok piece.

Does anyone know if Gaming Heads will send out emails before we are billed for this statue or the Throne statue? Or will they just bill and ship?

Depends on how you purchase it. I flexed mine so they bill once the production starts. Final payment is paid once they have a confirmed shipping date.
Very similar to Sideshow. The only difference being is the instalments are like 2 weeks apart instead of a month.

I still think the prototype looks better than the production piece! This is my first statue from Gaming Heads. The throne statue looks way better, seems there is more detail. What I will say is the sculpt itself is what saves it as being an ok piece.

But comparing both prototypes it's also clear that either they are done by completely different artists or they are done on different source material. Afterall, to me, the one you have looks more like it's based on an in-game model (specifically the kratos that was used in the God of War 3 E3 trailer). But the throne version looks more like a cut scene Kratos from the first or second game. Just with far greater sharpness.

e7c89224f929cafb1869ef80d1270b12.jpg

bb10009175e5b5fc07770f28c5bc4633.jpg

1c879c9dd60761c9a30a49e4fefee2df.jpg

c90714c54cb94f8cbb87f6813b01a896.jpg

But comparing both prototypes it's also clear that either they are done by completely different artists or they are done on different source material. Afterall, to me, the one you have looks more like it's based on an in-game model (specifically the kratos that was used in the God of War 3 E3 trailer). But the throne version looks more like a cut scene Kratos from the first or second game. Just with far greater sharpness.

e7c89224f929cafb1869ef80d1270b12.jpg

bb10009175e5b5fc07770f28c5bc4633.jpg

1c879c9dd60761c9a30a49e4fefee2df.jpg

c90714c54cb94f8cbb87f6813b01a896.jpg

Yeah absolutely agree with you on that. I'm seriously hoping the throne piece lives up to the prototype.

On another note. This lunging Kratos was taken from Ascension. but yes the lunging Kratos facial features looks in game. Kinda makes more sense to me. The scare on his face is painted on rather than ingraved to look more like a real scar

That's true I always forget Ascension but yeah he doesn't have an abdomen scar and his skirt thing is fully intact. But doesn't he have the incorrect blades?

That's true I always forget Ascension but yeah he doesn't have an abdomen scar and his skirt thing is fully intact. But doesn't he have the incorrect blades?

I'm not sure as I have never played Ascension. If you could find some comparisons it would be great!

Back