Game of Thrones Ned Stark review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the release of Tyrion Lannister, ThreeZero set my expectations high for their Game of Thrones line of sixth scale figures. Early photos of Ned were iffy, but with tonight's review I'm here to say that they knocked this one out of the park. There's still some improving to do, but at this price point these figures are a steal. You can find my review here:

Review and photos of Ned Stark Game of Thrones sixth scale figure by ThreeZero

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great pictures there! Maybe the best I've see on this figure. Maybe it's me but does the paint look a tad better here to anyone else? Less orangey than some of the other in hand pics I've seen. Anyway, great pics and review.

Well, if I didn't already have him adorning my shelves, your review would have convinced me to get him.

And yeah, those pictures show the figure in the best light I've seen so far.

Although I think your call that Jon Snow should reach perfection might be premature and a tad unfair. All that I can ask for is that Threezero achieves a decent level of consistency in quality with their figures. One release need not be better than the next.

Last edited:
At this point, I think the sculpt looks strong on Jon that it did with Ned in the same phase of the release. Ned already got four stars from me - poor Jon won't be able to top that, but I think they can tighten up the sculpt enough to reach a level that rivals other companies at a price point well below. I'm just hoping that they can keep themselves in the under $200 range for 2015 (as well as Star Ace - I'm good with Mad Eye hitting $200, but if they suddenly hit us with a $225 price tag for a Snape or Dumbledore...). I expect their prices to rise, but I'm hoping they avoid moving into Hot Toys territory too quickly.

Yeah, that's one of the very best things about this line. The price. Buuut, I expect with more complex figures like Jaime in armor or The Hound (if they get around to him) we'll see a $200 price tag. Or at least I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't see them keeping that standard and rising from there. Like I could see them releasing a Jaime in Kingsgaurd armor for $200 and afterwards a Dany in Dothraki garb for $150.

I was going to try and avoid getting into this line (can't buy everything) but am definitely reconsidering the quality Vs. price is extremely good and a joy to see. Hot Toys are just getting a bit silly when it comes to prices and I just can't escape the feeling that it's not all down to increasing prices but rather their business model -

Premium pricing[edit]
Main article: Premium pricing
Premium pricing is the practice of keeping the price of a product or service artificially high in order to encourage favorable perceptions among buyers, based solely on the price. The practice is intended to exploit the (not necessarily justifiable) tendency for buyers to assume that expensive items enjoy an exceptional reputation, are more reliable or desirable, or represent exceptional quality and distinction.

Great review on this figure Michael. Your pics really showed how great the figure looks and the sculpt looked better than expected. I went ahead and ordered the figure.:)

Thanks folks - you won't be disappointed, and it's rare that I can say that without a doubt.
Hey Mike. Incredible review as usual. You've been my go to guy for what, 12 years? I've been looking at your reviews since I was a kid lol. Anyhow just wondering if the exclusive version is still available anywhere I'm having a hard time finding it.

Hey Mike. Incredible review as usual. You've been my go to guy for what, 12 years? I've been looking at your reviews since I was a kid lol. Anyhow just wondering if the exclusive version is still available anywhere I'm having a hard time finding it.

good luck! im on the hunt as well and so far nada sans one priced ridiculously high. thought for sure sellers would have gotten some of the ex's to make a profit but so far it doesnt seem to be the case. the retail will be plentiful, starting to arrive places now. thats sans Ice, you can get a letter opener that will work, check the Ned thread to see comparison pics between that and the threezero Ice.

great review per usual Michael!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I was in Texas the last few days watching the Red Bull Cliff Diving. Thanks for the kind words! Sorry to say, but the exclusive is tough to get now, especially now that folks realize how well he turned out. I haven't seen any around for anything I'd call 'reasonable'.

Back