Gambit Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gambit coming, but another's first

Very rarely do I say this, but quote me on this: Those of you that are cancelling the Gambit EX will regret it in a year once the Jim Lee Cyclops, Rogue, and Brown Wolverine PFs go up for preorder and/or start shipping and once the the 1/5th comiquette line flops.

I understand that Sideshow is making it difficult by shipping SOOOOOOOOOO much at once, but the Jim Lee X-Men in EX 1/4th will be very difficult to get the further in the line goes.

agreed........

Now if only Sabretooth would convert. I got on that waitlist at the same time (Feb) and have my doubts...

Your welcome about the Gambit converting, NOT A FREAKING CHANCE on Sabre, that is TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :peace

this will be a hard piece to find i agree... Take a look at the BOWEN gambit its in high demand also and they have plenty made for him. The problem is people want the set of X-men if you start early and bite the bullet you wont being paying high prices later.
This piece is destined to go up.

You getting Gambit filip? Is cyke in jammies as well?

No fuzzy. I'm not a big enough Gambit fan to order. I do think he is the best PF I've seen since Mystique. I did pick up the Mystique PF because it was very well done. As for Cyke...NO! I can't stand the bomber jacket and all those pouches. I'm more of a Byrne fan...not Lee. I love Lee's art but I'm not a fan of HIS Cyke. I want Byrne or astonishing Cyke. Those 2 are the ones I would want in my display case.

To me PF's are kind of missing their mark of late. Look at the last few marvel PF's. Black Panther, Cyke, and Gambit all have sculpted costumes. SS is getting wise. Those PF's have gimmick jackets/capes to justify them as PF's. Only Wolverine and Sabretooth are TRUE PF's in my opinion (chezzy cloth/pajamas). The other PF's are really just 1/4 scale comiquettes with a forced piece of cloth thrown in to justify calling them a PF. Most people who collect PF's have stated their love of the all cloth costumes beause it adds realism to the statues. That is missing from a lot of the current crop of PF's.

In the end Fuzzy you won't see me buy a PF unless it is jaw dropping and a GREAT sculpt. I'm a comiquette guy. The only thing that can make a comiquette look bad is a terrible sculpt or bad paint job. I've seen too many PF's I think would look great ruined buy silly spandex, cloth, or felt costumes. God....the Cap and Spidey PF's would have looked sooooo good sculpted. Oh well, at least SS is giving us those characters as both PF's and comiquettes. That's a win/win for everyone.

Last edited:

On it's way...

"Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on August 6, 2010. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order."

PROCESSING BEGINS: August 6, 2010

Item name: Gambit Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive

Item #: 3000231

Item price: $ 284.99

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on August 6, 2010. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

This gets a big F...I was all excited for him to be coming this week! :mad:

Just got my notice as well.

This one's a birthday present by the way. Thank you sweetie!!:wave

No fuzzy. I'm not a big enough Gambit fan to order. I do think he is the best PF I've seen since Mystique. I did pick up the Mystique PF because it was very well done. As for Cyke...NO! I can't stand the bomber jacket and all those pouches. I'm more of a Byrne fan...not Lee. I love Lee's art but I'm not a fan of HIS Cyke. I want Byrne or astonishing Cyke. Those 2 are the ones I would want in my display case.

I also prefer the Byrne or astonishing Cyke, but so far the picture's I've seen of the Lee Cyke PF have led me to believe this one will look good. When I started reading comics ('91) this is the costume he had on. So thats reason for me to buy it. Still, I would have like to see a Bryne Cyke PF.

I also agree that some of the latest PF's have been questionable in terms of mixed-media use. But, I would rather have a great-looking cloth-coated gambit, then one that's all cloth and looks mediocre. Realistically, SS probably made the coat out of cloth to save on the cost of the polystone and painting.

I would rather have a great-looking cloth-coated gambit, then one that's all cloth and looks mediocre.

That's my problem in general I guess. I think statues with all cloth costumes look mediocre at best. There are a few exceptions to the rule. I LOVE the Mystique PF!:clap It truly is a beautiful PF.

Except for the pants that look like they belong on a 250lb woman, Mystique is a great PF.

WHAAAAAT!?!?:horror:eek Did you get a variant PF Mystique I don't know about? My Mystique has tight pants and looks HAWTTTTT!

WHAAAAAT!?!?:horror:eek Did you get a variant PF Mystique I don't know about? My Mystique has tight pants and looks HAWTTTTT!

Just going off the one's that I've seen at my LCS. The pants on the 2-3 that I've seen look extremely loose.

Glad to hear that's not the norm. Maybe people were tugging on them too much.

:rotfl

My WL for the Ex just converted. Wowsers!! I just added myself on the WL a few days ago. Good thing I have the funds ready.

My WL for the Ex just converted. Wowsers!! I just added myself on the WL a few days ago. Good thing I have the funds ready.

Wow congrats! That's awesome. There must have been lots of cancellations which is kind of suprising at least to me.

Grievous; said:
Wow congrats! That's awesome. There must have been lots of cancellations which is kind of suprising at least to me.
I'm not surprised with Sideshow shipping all of this stuff so close together. I'm guessing a lot of people had to choose between Gambit, Wolverine, and Sabertooth and Gambit got the axe. I'm lucky enough to hang on to all three and the Mark VI but Gandolf my not make the cut.:(

Yeah kind of in the same boat. Just can't have it all. Would love to keep Gandalf but unlikely.

Very rarely do I say this, but quote me on this: Those of you that are cancelling the Gambit EX will regret it in a year once the Jim Lee Cyclops, Rogue, and Brown Wolverine PFs go up for preorder and/or start shipping and once the the 1/5th comiquette line flops.

I understand that Sideshow is making it difficult by shipping SOOOOOOOOOO much at once, but the Jim Lee X-Men in EX 1/4th will be very difficult to get the further in the line goes.

Hope the line gets far!!!:pray::pray: Specially to finish these guys!!
xmen1uu.jpg

xmen1.jpg

Ice man they can do the belt material!!:) and beast the chonies!!:)
Imagine if the can make it to some of these characters!! Specially Havok, Cable and Archangel Wow!! All over it!!:rock:blissy

39767345.jpg

I got put on the waitlist on the 31st for Guile and it converted today, so many cancellations with all of these items coming out this month.

Back