Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PF line isn't bad. Really none of them so far have been bad. Frodo if you fix the lips is very nice, Lurtz is freaking great, and GTW is much much nicer than you'd think. Aragorn looks to be just absolutely outstanding. Galadriel will be nice I'm sure but is a weak choice as far as an item to make IMO.

I agree wiyh you!:cool:

Not sure about this piece....the doll hair makes me want to smash it.....although the costuming looks to be as intricate, if not more then, the Gandalf PF, which I own and love.

Armored Theoden and Eomer (both with removable helms, of course) are both on my wants list. I'd buy these in a heartbeat. These are the types of characters Sideshow should be making in PF form..not Galadriel. Nothing wrong with Galadriel, of course, but there are others that are better.
I haven't bought a PF in the LOTR line since Lurtz.

I can think of about 2 dozens other characters I would have preferred to Galadriel. I didn't find her particularly interesting in the books or movies. I would much prefer SS concentrate on fellowship members, bad guys, or some of the non-fellowship main characters such as Eomer, Faramir, or Theoden. I just don't see a fringe character like this creating alot of interest for the PF line.

The PF line isn't bad. Really none of them so far have been bad. Frodo if you fix the lips is very nice, Lurtz is freaking great, and GTW is much much nicer than you'd think. Aragorn looks to be just absolutely outstanding. Galadriel will be nice I'm sure but is a weak choice as far as an item to make IMO.

It hasn't been bad but it certainly hasn't been consistantly great either. I would rate this line 3rd among the 3 lines I collect [dio's, LSB and PF's]. Lurtz and Aragorn are smash hits but I don't think Frodo and Gandalf much better than average...they could have/ should have been much better. Might be a bit to early to say for sure but I don't think this one will be much better than Gandalf or Frodo, and it certainly won't be anywhere near as good as Aragorn or Lurtz. IMO

Whats the exclusive on this one, the rest of the band members :rotfl ABBA!!
No seriously I think the exclusive will be a replacement head that actually looks like Cate.....................:rotfl Seriously!!! :lol

We all know the costume will be stunning, just look at GTW PF, but really not convinced that real hair and that face will carry this one off, but again wait and see.............

I want PF, SS, not a doll ta very much!! :D

Whats the exclusive on this one, the rest of the band members :rotfl ABBA!!
No seriously I think the exclusive will be a replacement head that actually looks like Cate.....................:rotfl Seriously!!! :lol

:lol That would be a first...interchangable Claire Danes and Cate Blanchett heads! :google

We all know the costume will be stunning, just look at GTW PF, but really not convinced that real hair and that face will carry this one off, but again wait and see.............

I want PF, SS, not a doll ta very much!! :D

What he said! :lecture

I want a Theoden PF but in his armor. That would rock as well as an Eomer PF. :rock

I agree with you there. Armored Theoden in p.f. would be kick ass as well as Eomer.

I just don't understand why SS is repeating characters so much. Especially one like Galadriel so early on in the line. I mean the Weta statue is still in-stock isn't it?

If they followed up Aragorn with Theoden or Eomer or Boromir, then this line really would of been heating up.

That aside, I like it so far and will pre-order it.

But, still...I think SS is missing its oppurtunity to really capitalise on p.f. for LotR.

The costuming is great, the pose and choice of character don't bother me at all - but the sculpt? It appears too sharp, and the eyes (what made Cate's portrayal so good) aren't even close; that might be my breaking point.

The real hair treatment was used to great effect on Elektra and should have been used on the Buffys.

I can't believe people are trashing the character choice - of the 3 women in the whole thing, she's the one I'd most want to see as a PF. I'm glad they're trying to balance it out - I hope the next 2 PFs announced are Eowyn and Arwen.

For those of us who aren't into just the armor and kickass war depictions and beasts and critters but also have an appreciation for a bit of the subtleties of LOTR, getting Galadriel (and hopefully the other ladies) is just great. I agree that the armor in LOTR was wonderful, but the bigger point is that the entire line of costumes was phenomenal. It was my understanding that the PF line (mixed media) was basically to show up the costuming and I've been patiently waiting for some of the richness and variety of the other costumes of other Middle-earth denizens. I might be part of a very small minority, but a little bone our way is really appreciated.

And I beg to differ...Galadriel is probably the MOST important elf in LOTR. She is definitely NOT just a small character...her influence and presence is referred to and felt throughout the trilogy, even though she may not be on screen. There was a reason that Galadriel was the character chosen to narrate the prologue and, hence, the thumbnail history of the Ring -- and it wasn't because Cate read the part better than anyone else. She is basically the Queen of the Elves in Middle-earth and one of the Eldar; she is the one who rallies her kind to help in fighting off Sauron. Just like Gandalf, her power is so great that, had she taken the Ring when Frodo offered it, she would have made Sauron look like a wimp. Of the 3 females in LOTR, she is the most fascinating IMO.

The preview is too limited to really make a good judgement on likeness I think. I was proven wrong by the Leggie LSB once all the pictures from different angles finally came out. For now, Galadriel could use a little less red in her lipstick I think.

Bought Lurtz :cool: and have Aragorn on the way :D but i think that will be all for my PF collection until SS produce another character to the same standard.

Was considering GTW but sounds like he's just an average piece as well although that always comes down to personal opinion.

Wonder why it seems so difficult to even get a close resemblance of some characters :confused:

Costuming wise this is a great choice. Character wise I don't see it being a big seller but the character and to what she meant to the LOTR story is HUGE.

For those of us who aren't into just the armor and kickass war depictions and beasts and critters but also have an appreciation for a bit of the subtleties of LOTR, getting Galadriel (and hopefully the other ladies) is just great. I agree that the armor in LOTR was wonderful, but the bigger point is that the entire line of costumes was phenomenal. It was my understanding that the PF line (mixed media) was basically to show up the costuming and I've been patiently waiting for some of the richness and variety of the other costumes of other Middle-earth denizens. I might be part of a very small minority, but a little bone our way is really appreciated.

And I beg to differ...Galadriel is probably the MOST important elf in LOTR. She is definitely NOT just a small character...her influence and presence is referred to and felt throughout the trilogy, even though she may not be on screen. There was a reason that Galadriel was the character chosen to narrate the prologue and, hence, the thumbnail history of the Ring -- and it wasn't because Cate read the part better than anyone else. She is basically the Queen of the Elves in Middle-earth and one of the Eldar; she is the one who rallies her kind to help in fighting off Sauron. Just like Gandalf, her power is so great that, had she taken the Ring when Frodo offered it, she would have made Sauron look like a wimp. Of the 3 females in LOTR, she is the most fascinating IMO.

The preview is too limited to really make a good judgement on likeness I think. I was proven wrong by the Leggie LSB once all the pictures from different angles finally came out. For now, Galadriel could use a little less red in her lipstick I think.

That's what I totally agree with! A character is about more than just fighting!

I think I like the choice of Galadriel rather than Arwen, if they wanted to do a female.

I might have preferred Eowyn, but Galadriel is a worthy character (in my opinion) and I think this will be the best looking representation of her yet.

I agree this character is very important to the story and actually one of my favourites from the trilogy movies and book, I just hope it looks a lot better than this preview pic thats all, why oh why SS do you insist on giving us crap preview pics when you could present these pieces in a far more positive light???:confused:

I agree that the armor in LOTR was wonderful, but the bigger point is that the entire line of costumes was phenomenal. It was my understanding that the PF line (mixed media) was basically to show up the costuming and I've been patiently waiting for some of the richness and variety of the other costumes of other Middle-earth denizens.

Galadriel is a must for any LotR lineup and so are Arwen and Eowyn.
But I personally can't see how you could ever do these rich movie costumes justice with the cheap china fabrics Sideshow uses. If they wanna keep it <500$, stay with the Poly please.

I am in no way questioning the importance of Galadriel to the story of The Lord of the Rings but the face my friends the face :eek: Hope further photos prove her to in fact be that Australian looking woman with pointed ears :D

Back