Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course everyone's opinion is going to be different but for those that aren't seeing a likeness, one thing that may not be helping is the "reverence" of the pose. Most of the pics people have posted of her show her looking either compassionate or more animated, less stoic.

Curious choice for a PF. I didn't think that Galadriel was that popular a character to deserve PF treatment. Galadriel is one of the very few Weta statue's I have never bought or owned. That being said, I will buy it (assuming there isn't some kind of massive price increase). For me there's not enough in that preview pick to judge since PF's to me are much more than just likeness. I'm still very concerned about the mixed hair issue. choopie's point about the lips is a concern as well. Heavy lipstick seems to be an issue with many figures during production.

Why did they not do the far more dramatic and exciting Galadriel Entranced when she does her "dark queen" speech when Frodo offers her the ring? That would have been terrific. That was one of the figures that they announced in thier initial list when they started the figure line but then it vanished with the wind. I would pay for that figure. This one? I do not think so especially at the Premium price. Rack up another saving on the money meter.

Yeah judging just from that pic id have to say very disappointing.:monkey2

Cate's pretty much my fav actress and she is so elegant looking whereas there is none of that in the statues features and i see very little if any resemblance of her at all from that shot.
The eyes are definately wrong and the nose well hmmmm....:eek:

Just showed my wife a pic of her face only and she couldnt guess who it was whereas when i showed her the Aragorn PF no probs.

I did the same thing...with the same results. You know there something seriously wrong with a sculpt when people don't know who it is until you tell them. Bad sculpt aside, the addition of doll hair seals the deal for me. A huge letdown for me after the Aragorn PF :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that this will look great in the end. But, am I the only one who thinks that looks nothing like Cate Blanchett?

I have no doubt that this will look great in the end. But, am I the only one who thinks that looks nothing like Cate Blanchett?

Ummm.....all you have to do is read some of the other posts to realize you are not alone.

I just wish her hair could be done differently. It should be half silver, half gold -- Tolkien describes it as the last vestige of the hues of the Two Trees, and even if the film version couldn't get the wig quite right, perhaps the Sideshow team can.

Careful there. Remember please that this is a MOVIE piece, not a book piece. My emphasis on MOVIE there was just to remind you of the point, incase you should ever forget :D ;)

I did the same thing...with the same results. You know there something seriously wrong with a sculpt when people don't know who it is until you tell them. Bad sculpt aside, the addition of doll hair seals the deal for me. A huge letdown for me after the Aragorn PF :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING is a huge letdown after the Aragorn PF...

I think it's WAY premature to call this "bad sculpt". It;s not the best angle and you're not seeing the whole face.

A pass for me. Not even sure if i want to keep collecting the LOTR PF line and this +++++ ain't helping matters:D

Guys, wait for more pictures before calling this a bad sculpt. You never know how they turn out in-person.

I'm not saying it's a bad sculpt, i'm just not feeling it. I like LOTR but i don't LOVE LOTR. I only want the cool characters like Gimli, Gandalf The Grey and Boromir for Lurtz:D

Back