Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
in this weeks NL

032008galadriellu4.jpg

It doesn't really resemble Cate, but it's apparently a beautiful statue.

Cautiously optimistic.

(Although the rouge could be dialled down.)

galadriel is just too boring of a charactor for me to want to own. maybe ill buy the 12in version(if there's gonna be one). would rather of had an arwen to display next to aragorn. doesnt look too bad though.

I kind of suspect a very low es. I remember when she was shown in a podcast she got alot of negative feedback.

It doesn't really resemble Cate, but it's apparently a beautiful statue.

Cautiously optimistic.

(Although the rouge could be dialled down.)

I can see Cate in that pic, but I want to see more angles first. I think this might be a fantactic PF.

I'll probably get it. For keeps, not for resale. So as long as I'm not hit too hard on the wallet, I won't care overmuch.

Galadriel is one of the central characters of Tolkien's oeuvre, and here she's depicted in the Namarië scene, which is crucial to her portrayal. Sideshow have chosen the right moment (just as Weta did, with the Mirror, only they didn't include one), so I'm immediately drawn to her.

I just wish her hair could be done differently. It should be half silver, half gold -- Tolkien describes it as the last vestige of the hues of the Two Trees, and even if the film version couldn't get the wig quite right, perhaps the Sideshow team can.

All in all, that's a minor point, though. This one makes me happy, overall.

I know from the sounds of it this piece will probably get the same response Gandalf the White did.

But, I actually like it so far (more then I thought I would). And, I really like the pose. Straight from when the Fellowship leaves (can't remember name of location right now) and she is waving good-bye to them.

And P.S. I liked the Gandalf the White alot as well.

It's definitely Cate - with more pics the likeness will fall into line for most people, I'm sure. And look at the incredible detail on the costume - looks to be more complicated than Gandalf's.

Back