Galacticustoms- Star Wars!!! Kenobi Turn-Around

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! Ben Kenobi Update!!!

Alright, got Ben all dressed up... but not futzed yet. Still, I'm pretty happy with how he's shaping up :rock

bend.jpg

bene.jpg

beng.jpg

benh.jpg

And for fun a before and after...
benf.jpg

Looks killer! While Ben came out pretty decent for the time that head always seems to really coe to life with a repaint. I'd say that one and Gandalf are SSC's best sculpts. Lando's pretty groovy too though.

Thanks man, and I completely agree... a little bit of attention and these sculpts can look amazing.

Funny thing with Ben if you just knocked down the shine and repainted the eyes he'd be well on the way to being a great looking figure. He's a bit too pale, but it's not a bad color and the beard and hair work on him is solid.

Nice work as usual gb. Obi has always been the one I've been most content with doing the least amount of work. It'd be better still if you lost that sweater. I replaced it and it makes a huge difference.

What sweater did you use? I did notice this one seemed to bunch up pretty easily and was a so-so fit.

Here's a another shot with some fun editing :lol

benips.jpg

It's a long sleeve, spandex-y thing I got from minibarbie on the 'bay. There aren't any listed right now, but keep an eye out.

IMG_2001.jpg

This is Uncle Owens', which is why it's lighter brown at the chest, but it's the same shirt. I like the looks of it better, not sure how accurate it is.

Here's my Ben, repainted and futzed-no SS sweater.

Untitled.jpg

That looks great, excellent reprint on him :rock

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! Darth Maul!!!

Messed around with my Sideshow Darth Maul today... I retouched all of the paint on him, but did mostly keep with the original patter. Although I did try to straighten it out a bit as the lines were a bit off-center on mine. Also, I got rid of the red lips and tried to give him a more focused gaze. Still not as intense as I'd like, but I think better than he started out with. To finish it off I moved him onto a Pro 1.0 so he'd be appropriately short, but better proportioned.

maula.jpg

maulc.jpg

mauld.jpg

maule.jpg

Maul definitely looks better with the paint adjustment and the new body. I originally sold this one because of the poor proportions. Where do you get the bodies? I'd like to get one. Is Maul's reg body painted underneath? I'm also lookig for a Stalker body for Lando.

Thanks!

I used the body from a Snake Eyes figure (which was black), but any 1.0 woildceork since you don't servant if the body.

You can buy them loosecat Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety.

Very nice, GB! Not sure if its the lips, or the eyes, or both but he looks much more intent and certainly not as intimidated as the factory apps left him. May have to give this one a go. Design-wise I like Maul a lot... Sadly it stops there.

Hav'nt got any star wars figures yet, as that is another finacial avenue of woe, I don't want to go down, but have always liked the obi wan character and figure.

Yours looks smart with the repaint;)
Tempted to get one, but then you need luke r2 c3po and darth.

Very nice, GB! Not sure if its the lips, or the eyes, or both but he looks much more intent and certainly not as intimidated as the factory apps left him. May have to give this one a go. Design-wise I like Maul a lot... Sadly it stops there.

Yeah, Maul looks pretty... but that's about it :lol Still, if you're going to have PT figures he's a must.

Thanks for the feedback, he's not as intense as I might prefer... but at least he no longer looks stoned :lol

Hav'nt got any star wars figures yet, as that is another finacial avenue of woe, I don't want to go down, but have always liked the obi wan character and figure.

Yours looks smart with the repaint;)
Tempted to get one, but then you need luke r2 c3po and darth.

It's definitely a slippery slope :lol

Maul's lookin' good.The paint job ya' did really improves the look of the figure. :clap I used a Prometheus on my Maul as well, and you right. The proportions are much better. I fiddled w/ mine to take ball-jointed feet though, the boots he has now might not be accurate, but the clunky ones he came w/ drive me nuts.

I agree totally. The new paint you put on there adds so much. He looks SO much better than the factory paint job.

Thanks guys... I agree the boots aren't the best. But honestly he was wearing some chunky ass boots, I do wonder if a breaking up the monotone color with a bit of paint might make a difference.

Thanks guys... I agree the boots aren't the best. But honestly he was wearing some chunky ass boots, I do wonder if a breaking up the monotone color with a bit of paint might make a difference.

Lol!! True. they were rather clunky. I'm gonna try to modify (aka: cover the laces) some lowcut combat boots, not sure which company, and see how that turns out.

Alright, got Ben all dressed up... but not futzed yet. Still, I'm pretty happy with how he's shaping up :rock

bend.jpg

Very nice. Even out of the box Obi is an impressive figure but with some paint he's perfect. Im sending mine out tomorrow for a paint up. WHat body did you use for him?

Definitely better. Probably the only PT figure I would own. It's a pity the final figure came out looking stoned. Still, I don't think I've ever seen a full repaint of this sculpt. Im sure people have a attempted. I'd be curious to see the results. The changes you made to yours goes a long a way though. Well done.

can you make any cast`s of the luke head and ben with that paint apps. they look great i would like one of each and the anakin head as well

Very nice. Even out of the box Obi is an impressive figure but with some paint he's perfect. Im sending mine out tomorrow for a paint up. WHat body did you use for him?

Definitely better. Probably the only PT figure I would own. It's a pity the final figure came out looking stoned. Still, I don't think I've ever seen a full repaint of this sculpt. Im sure people have a attempted. I'd be curious to see the results. The changes you made to yours goes a long a way though. Well done.

Obi is on a Pro 1.1 body... although I'm likely going to swap him to a TT or at least a 1.2 as the forearms are too short.

I found one full repaint by Darren Carnall, but I can't seem to find the image anymore. It looked really good.

can you make any cast`s of the luke head and ben with that paint apps. they look great i would like one of each and the anakin head as well

Sorry I don't do any casting work.

Back