Future Dioramas and GTW PF POSE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrathofSauron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just listening to the podcast it seems for the Dioramas in the future we may be getting, Balens Tomb Battle, The Coronation and maybe the Council of Elrond!!!! Hard to say exactly but they were hinting at that for sure and best news of all Gandalf the White PF is a pose from the Pelennor Battle fields!!! I need to go lie down now....................:google

Thanks for that, Wrath! I've been trying to get this podcast to work via the Internet Explorer for the past hour or so, and it's been frustrating. Now it's exciting again.

Mighty huge dioramas there! Each should incorporate at least a dozen characters. I guess they'll be enormously expensive...

Well actually what they said is that for the very big scenes like the Balens Tomb one they are going for 1/48 I believe so they can display a huge number of characters and trolls etc which would be cool and different. Also that they would do separate pieces that one can collect and build into a complete scene to spread the cost and issues of money and size etc. The other great news is that they hinted that there would be quite a few dioramas and they would flow more frequently. Best news is about Gandalf PF in battle pose, for me this is what the PF line is about :D :D :D :D

This is wonderful news! I love the part about being able to collect smaller peices and put them together as one whole unit if you are so inclined. Which reminds me of my pet idea that I have been pushing for years now

G R O N D

complete with pulling beasts, trolls, orcs and various hellish creatures.

lurtz001 said:
the council of elrond... what an amazing piece this could be ...what are we guessing 1/9 scale and $795 !!

I'm guessing 3 or 4 seperate pieces to spread the weight/cost. Each could also be displayed seperately as a smaller display.

For instance you could have :-
Aragorn kneeling before Frodo & Sam (you have my sword sequence) Boromir in the background looking frustrated.
Pipping, Merry, Legolas & Gimli all together.
Elrond, Glorfindel & Gandalf

All these intersperced with the other characters present at the council.

Sounds like the Dios are going to be quite cool and may end up causing me to get them all. I would love to get a coronation one but I really hope we get the Fellowship cresting the hill that's one of my most wanted.

GTW pose sounds like what I've been hoping for and what I posted pics of a while back.

WrathofSauron said:
Well actually what they said is that for the very big scenes like the Balens Tomb one they are going for 1/48 I believe so they can display a huge number of characters and trolls etc which would be cool and different. Also that they would do separate pieces that one can collect and build into a complete scene to spread the cost and issues of money and size etc. The other great news is that they hinted that there would be quite a few dioramas and they would flow more frequently. Best news is about Gandalf PF in battle pose, for me this is what the PF line is about :D :D :D :D

1/48 scale? That would make a 6 ft character 1.5 inches tall ! Not interested, unless it comes with a microscope :google

Yeah Woodsy I know! They said about 2 ins tall but at the same time if the detail and environment are good as I am sure they would be it might be interesting. And the exclusive might have that microscope with it!! :rotfl

I really love the dio-line! the pieces so far hasn't been the best but I think it will ROCK!!!

I also like the fact that Tom Gillaland said that this line will have a more continuous release flow... Not like the 12" line were it can be 1 or 2 years between releases!!

Screw the diorama line...it's nice and all, and there may be a piece or two that will eventually show up that I might want to get.

Honestly though, I just want more frequency with the 1/6 line and the 1/4 PF line. Can't wait to see GTW PF, and we really NEED another 1/6 announcement or two. Faramir is shipping with no announcement of anything upcoming.

As much as I dig the 1/6 SW line, the 1/6 LOTR line really raised the bar for SS...with the intricate costuming and tiny leather belts and buckles, etc. Not to mention the properly proportioned head-sculpts...not like the SW line that looks like it's desperately trying to mesh seemlessly into the Hasblow™ world of gargantuan heads (not including Maul, the BEST of them so far). :monkey1

1/48 scale? Ugh . . .that's what I bought Armies of Middle Earth figures for, and even they had a better scale. I need iconic dioramas, one that makes me go "whoa!". If I needed army builders, I'll go for the plastic ones that I can pose.

Just give me any one of these and I'll be happy:
1) Aragorn and Arwen at the trysting bridge
2) Sam carrying Frodo up Mt. Doom
3) The Fellowship cresting over a hill

So far the 2 they've released did not do anything spectacular for me.

Have to agree a little Radagaster, the current dios don't do it for me either. I think the 1/48 scale if it is the case might be interesting from an environment point of view but then again we have enough of those too!! I think the fellowship cresting a hill would be stunning but can't imagine it would be that big a scale either but who cares it will look amazing and an iconic scene from the movie. Can't wait any longer for GTW PF though and the PF Ringwraith which is to follow.............but then I'm only guessing................:rolleyes:

Maybe they can do the Fellowship cresting the hill as one of the multiple piece dioramas that we need to collect to make up the completed scene. In two pieces, it could even function as a bookend set.

I think I would rather see the whole group of nine in that shot/moment than gathered around at the Council of Rivendell. Aragorn and Legolas would look better in their travelling clothes, and Boromir needs his cloak and shield.

Which diorama would you rather see produced?

image002.jpg

FellowshipHeader.jpg

Back