Funko Vinyl Pop Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many flippers at Hot Topic though. When I went some guy was on the phone to an employee asking her to hold 3 of every exclusive in the back for him. These type of people really ruin the hobby.

I just picked up 2 because they didn't have the BOGO sale on. Which of course they would have intentionally done that because we don't all have hot cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Hot Topic limits 2 exclusives per person.

Is this the new beanie baby? Sorry. I just can't see the appeal no matter how I look at these. Especially if you're already collecting Sideshow stuff.

I remember when there were no lines at Funko or for other exclusives anywhere at SDCC except Hasbro and Mattel. Now everyone from plastic glob makers to poster printers have hyped up their "exclusives" enough to make the lemmings form ridiculously long lines on the crowded floor.

Funko made the mistake of allowing other SDCC vendors to line up before the doors were opened to the public. I heard people who were first through the door already came to find the line had been capped. Then other vendors were found selling the exclusives at marked up places within the con.

Vendors should not be allowed to line up until the doors have opened, Hasbro made this a rule for their line when releasing the new Star Wars TFA Stormtrooper exclusive.

This is one of the worst thing about EBay. Anyone can just sell anything to anywhere in the world, so we just get stuck with a heap of greedy flippers with anything that is deemed "exclusive".

I went to HT again yesterday to see what they had left. They still had a heap of the Castiel exclusive, I counted 17 on just one shelf and they had more scattered around the store. Still had Deadpool's van, the 11th doctor and Orphan Black Helena. Glad I picked up the Rocket and Groot and C3P0 because they were all gone.

Funko made the mistake of allowing other SDCC vendors to line up before the doors were opened to the public. I heard people who were first through the door already came to find the line had been capped. Then other vendors were found selling the exclusives at marked up places within the con.

Vendors should not be allowed to line up until the doors have opened, Hasbro made this a rule for their line when releasing the new Star Wars TFA Stormtrooper exclusive.

This is one of the worst thing about EBay. Anyone can just sell anything to anywhere in the world, so we just get stuck with a heap of greedy flippers with anything that is deemed "exclusive".

I went to HT again yesterday to see what they had left. They still had a heap of the Castiel exclusive, I counted 17 on just one shelf and they had more scattered around the store. Still had Deadpool's van, the 11th doctor and Orphan Black Helena. Glad I picked up the Rocket and Groot and C3P0 because they were all gone.

That's exactly what happened and it wasn't just at the Funko booth. I was at the front of the line every day watching people running around inside heading toward the booths before the doors were officially open. Even the security guards at the doors told us to complain about what was going on. There was little to no chance to get any of the exclusives. I tried to get the Batman v. Superman set but the line was capped before I got there. Saw it at a couple booths for $200 soon after. It was ridiculous.

That's exactly what happened and it wasn't just at the Funko booth. I was at the front of the line every day watching people running around inside heading toward the booths before the doors were officially open. Even the security guards at the doors told us to complain about what was going on. There was little to no chance to get any of the exclusives. I tried to get the Batman v. Superman set but the line was capped before I got there. Saw it at a couple booths for $200 soon after. It was ridiculous.

Absolutely puts me off of ever attending SDCC. I know they only had 500 of those BvS sets, so if they had them all available on the first day, then they would have been sold out in no time. I bet most people that lined up just tried to buy almost every pop so they could resell for higher prices.
Greed takes the fun out of everything.

They already made a flocked Rocket last year. I guess it has the different outfit on or something, I don't know?

I don't think it will go the way of beanie babies, but I do think it's crazy to be spending 10x their retail price. These are $15 figures and paying $150 to $300 for some of them is insane to me. The problem is that they are new products. They haven't been around for 30 years to earn the price increase. Funko are also re releasing some of them like Han Solo and Greedo, which were being sold for over $200 each before Funko took them out of the vault. There is no way to know whether that limited pop you bought for $300 won't be released for a second time.

I have about 30 pops, but I'm careful not to overdo it with the spending. It's easy to get carried away with them.

Eh, I don't concern myself with that. I collect them because I like them, not because I think they are going to be worth anything. I just don't go overboard with it. I pick the characters or lines I want to collect and stick with that. I don't get wrapped up in exclusives, chases, etc. because one day the market will fall out with these. If something I want is an exclusive and I can get it, great. If not, then I don't worry about it and move on.

People are just getting caught up in the hype. Everyone is collecting these, so people want to be a part of that. Funko also feeds the obsession by releasing ultra limited pieces or EX items in limited quantities outside of a Con. I don't even want to know what NYCC will be like.

Last edited:
My concern isn't based on flipping them or anything. They are my wife's collection. That being said, she has paid up to $40 for a few. I agree that it's crazy for people to pay over $200 for some of these but then again, I may $300+ for 1/6 scale figures.

Yeah, but those 1/6 figures are a starting price not 20 x the original cost. Anyone really want to pay that much extra for a 1/6 figure? Lol

When I think of paying $200 for a Pop or $200 for a 1/6 figure, it's a pretty easy decision.

Eh, I don't concern myself with that. I collect them because I like them, not because I think they are going to be worth anything. I just don't go overboard with it. I pick the characters or lines I want to collect and stick with that. I don't get wrapped up in exclusives, chases, etc. because one day the market will fall out with these. If something I want is an exclusive and I can get it, great. If not, then I don't worry about it and move on.

People are just getting caught up in the hype. Everyone is collecting these, so people want to be a part of that. Funko also feeds the obsession by releasing ultra limited pieces or EX items in limited quantities outside of a Con. I don't even want to know what NYCC will be like.

Exactly! I collect GoT and TWD lines mainly, but I don't worry about the crazy expensive exclusives, like Headless Ned or Poncho Daryl, which are both into the hundreds. They have so many multiples of the same characters as well that it ends up being just too much. I have a few from some other TV show and movies that I like, still need to pick up the Matrix ones, but otherwise I don't get too carried away with them.

Most expensive one I bought was a pop ride for about $25, so I'm happy to collect what I can at around retail prices.

Im at 97 POPs and have the Harry Potter ones in my Pile of Loot (well five, waiting for Hagrid and Dumbledore to be charged).

Back