Full Size Iron Man bust from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it.
Doubt it all you want cupcake, I know what I saw with my own eyes. :cool:

lol....SSC just got my ^^^^ed up bust on Monday....how long has it been for you guys before they ship the new one?
It was a little less than a week for mine, but then again I'm in L.A. so it only took a day to get to me.

Hmm, I wondered one thing. As it says on SSC site limited edition of 1,500, why aren't these busts individually numbered like my other Sideshow stuff? Are there some exceptions in some collectables?

it was an Open Edition. They didn't want to set an edition size at the beginning so that they could get as many order as they can until they decide to stop producing them.

Hmm, I wondered one thing. As it says on SSC site limited edition of 1,500, why aren't these busts individually numbered like my other Sideshow stuff? Are there some exceptions in some collectables?

I was lucky to get a IM bust in pretty good shape as well. Little paint issues with the black lines here and there.....but all things considered, I am very happy with it. I don't think anything is perfect.....no matter what the price point is.

:inlove
I was lucky to get a IM bust in pretty good shape as well. Little paint issues with the black lines here and there.....but all things considered, I am very happy with it. I don't think anything is perfect.....no matter what the price point is.

Congrats on you bust CynGod. Iron Man bust is definitely the best thing I have ever bought. I go everyday to take a look at it closely, it's amazing bust, just cannot get enought of it

Thanks Hamill82. I was hoping it would arrive in good condition. With all the bad luck some have had, I feel lucky to have a solid piece. It really is a good bust. Everyone that sees it is in awe.

Looks like I spoke too soon about my bust being in good shape. I came home yesterday to some paint sections starting to crack / peel off in the neck section about 2 or 3 inches up from where those 2 silver collar joints are attached. It was truly weird. Its pretty warm here in NY now, so all I can think of is the temperature having an effect on the paint.....whatever kind was used. I put a little crazy glue underneath the cracking / peeling paint and was able to make it not look 2 noticeable, but I still know its there...and am very concerned about this happening again to a part that is a lot more visible than the inside of the neck area. A true bummer.

*under the red paint, it was just white. This thing may require being placed in some type of climate controlled environment....as NOBODY here has had one for a full year to attest to how these things stand up over the seasons.

The cracked / peeling paint was loose enough to be glued down before cracking completely off. That's why I worked on it right away. So far, the crazy glue seems to be doing a good job holding it all together, but it just should not be this way. We have had temps in the 60-70's over the last 2 days, but I am wondering what to expect in the coming weeks / months when the temps will easily be in the upper 90's. The crazy thing....as I said before....is that this happened out of nowhere. I fully inspected this item.....as I would any item I purchase. I looked more closely at this due to all the issues by other members, and I am telling you all it was in pretty good shape all things considered. The only issue was that the black lines were not that great in some areas. This piece sits on my desk, so I view it each and every day. You can imagine my shock to come home to see some cracks / peeling of the paint. I have no children, so the idea that a minor could have damaged it in my absence is not an option. I am convinced that the change in temps has an effect on this thing......

mine cracked as well bro...sent that ^^^^ back...did yours also have a white haze on it?

The cracked / peeling paint was loose enough to be glued down before cracking completely off. That's why I worked on it right away. So far, the crazy glue seems to be doing a good job holding it all together, but it just should not be this way. We have had temps in the 60-70's over the last 2 days, but I am wondering what to expect in the coming weeks / months when the temps will easily be in the upper 90's. The crazy thing....as I said before....is that this happened out of nowhere. I fully inspected this item.....as I would any item I purchase. I looked more closely at this due to all the issues by other members, and I am telling you all it was in pretty good shape all things considered. The only issue was that the black lines were not that great in some areas. This piece sits on my desk, so I view it each and every day. You can imagine my shock to come home to see some cracks / peeling of the paint. I have no children, so the idea that a minor could have damaged it in my absence is not an option. I am convinced that the change in temps has an effect on this thing......

Guys, don't advise using glue. It might be better to get it repainted. Is really not too tough and the outcome is far more satisfying.

Last edited:
It was white under the cracked / peeled parts. Like I say......so far the glue is holding. I just hope no other areas give way.......

Back