Full Scale 1989 BATMOBILE accurate built.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:
The Canadian kit is the best kit available and the straightest as evident by its flawless glossy black finish..one can't hide waves in gloss black,
however as those envious of the CDN 89 like to put it down because their kits can't compare -one should really talk to all players before
'assuming anything' .

This has to be Don (the Canadian in question), since you are obviously claiming to have the best Kit. You are the only supplier I know who does this and while your kit MIGHT be good.... the best? Think there must be a little bias in your statement. As for "kits cant compare" you must know that is untrue.

Since there are only a few suppliers out there I would check them all out and some of their previous customers. If it all seemed fine, only then would I part with any cash.

Mr a - you've seen the CDN's 89 websites, you know the excellent quality of work done there and the sheer enormity of superior 89parts offered from a complete metal interior kit to cast side mechanic parts to a superior painted bodyshell...yet you still refuse to acknowledge this and remain with your head stuck in the sand..that in itself presents a bias like no other. Good Day

TRIX does not sell 89 kits or any part therof. Kevin Patnode of FLA does/did sell kits and I've referred many kit inquirys to him even though he has never returned the favor due to his CDN racism as noted on his website 1989batmobilekit. Bias, greed and envy exsist like no other when it comes to Batmobiles...unfortunately.

Not stuck in the sand Don, merely questioning your claim to be a "superior" builder while everyone else is apparently "inferiour" and "jealous". As said earlier, check out all the suppliers and their customers then part with the cash.

Jed, unless you find someone who's already built their own and looking to get rid of it (for a hefty price) the only way to do it is to get a kit somehow and then build the car yourself (or have someone with knowledge of auto works and finishing do it for you). No one sells complete cars (again, unless it's their own they're getting rid of).

My best friend is building his own 89 Batmobile and is now about a month from completion. It's taken almost a year so far, and he knows what he's doing. I've been helping him. We'll be taking the car out on the show circuit once it's done. He bought one of the body kits but we did many of our own modifications. And that's just the body. Under the hood is a re-built and suped up corvette racing engine, and countless other components that make up a working automobile.

This is a LOT of hard, time-consuming work. Not to mention expensive. So make sure you know what you're getting into if you buy a kit.

Last edited:
The 89/92 Batmobile is the best of all.Would buy the toynami model one,but I´m collecting 1:1 Props only.So I think...need an 1:1 Batmobile,too!:wink1:

Not full scale, but I got plans on putting my shell on a smaller donor and keeping the windscreen and windows :cuckoo:

Shell
Shelllside1.jpg

KGrHqZhE7Q2NzlfCBPB1fq0T060_12.jpg

and donor

T2eC16VHJGwE9nyTd2EBP-vwilSG60_12.jpg

Wish me luck on the SVA test. :wave

Someone told me that Jeff Dunham owns one.
And I heard that Carl Casper build that one.

I have seen Jeff Dunham's Batobile during Comic Con 2012. That thing looks awesome, and it's street legal.

Now, I have been looking around the internet and I found Carl Caspers' website but it's focus on his car shows rather than his service in custom building cars and stuff.

Hmmmm........ I am still searching because I really want one.

This is a dream of mine...to build a 1989 batmobile replica....
Since I live in Denmark next to Sweden where Leif Garvin lives wich had build the most famous batmobile....I think I have a chance maybe to rent hes molds ?

Here are a video of Mr Garvin in costume at McDonalds

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6-yKSlO70c&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

A dream of mine as well but a far off one.

Never say your dreams are far off !!!!

You have to live your dream to live for real.....
Only you can make your dreams come true....

Start now better slow than never :goodpost:

Here some inspiration :

My first project and old Ferrari Dino replica

b9835a6fde91b75daaeecaad2e327e9b_zpsfe9ebd19.jpg

Later it was painted silver

98328e61bda46cf096531137de1f50e3_zps3b2ee43f.jpg

Then I desided to build a Canonball Run replica - Lambo

506e94b1324569557f692f836e8b3209_zpsb8a7dfcf.jpg

25ba6c1c937d51a3e334f0fecb33c3e7_zps51da7d51.jpg

So here are the drawings to start the build of the 1989 batmobile

c253ca15acc56d20b1980ccf68e7ddf5_zps65d143c4.jpg

ad62d878a146a3877c3cce8187d1464e_zps3b8edecf.jpg

1018f076fcaeee1b8b782b27acf8b613_zpscd1e0696.jpg

e62280ec361878d46919a7c622563b13_zps99e35034.jpg

And here Leif Garvin's awsome replica
5200bd3b3c66d8b1253fbb12172f6f01_zpsb63ec1dc.jpg

Hahaha well priorities are in order for me though :)

But I've often wondered if it's actually legal to drive this car?
And also in Houston I feel like every where is built for pick-up truck (like the entrance to a parking has a 30 degree incline when the street connecting to it is on a 15-20 degree decline.... :slap) so practically unusable here anyway.

Hahaha well priorities are in order for me though :)

But I've often wondered if it's actually legal to drive this car?
And also in Houston I feel like every where is built for pick-up truck (like the entrance to a parking has a 30 degree incline when the street connecting to it is on a 15-20 degree decline.... :slap) so practically unusable here anyway.

Fun cars (dream cars) are not typical practical ....you will have to own a normal car beside the Batmobile :violin

Back