Frozen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Menzel's got the vocal power of a younger Celine Dion. I didn't know who did the singing, but I saw Lovato thrown around and just thought, "No way that's her."

The movie had some great songs, both powerful and just entertaining (especially Olaf's summer song). I was surprised to find out who did the voice of Olaf, because Gad is usually violently unfunny in anything he's in. He had some great material to work with, but still - he did a fantastic job.

Since 2009, Walt Disney Studios has released - Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie The Pooh, Wreck It Ralph, and Frozen. That is an incredibly solid lineup. It's no Little Mermaid - Lion King, but considering a lot of people had somewhat written the animation studio off, good for them to keep putting out quality.

You can thank Andrew Stanton for the uptick in Disney's in-house animation. I've never watched the new Tinkerbell flicks but my sister (who has the little girl in the family) says they're actually really solid as well.

Also I PRAY we get a few Olaf/Sven shorts on the Blu-ray. :pray:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjLunXe2ts[/ame]

Absolutely. The Tinkerbell movies are where I first saw what kind of quality they were capable of. Impressive for a direct-to-dvd series.

Menzel seems to be the unanimous winner.
There's no doubt in my mind that her version is superior.

She really is. That last note before she wraps it up. :thud:

Speaking of Olaf's Summer song...

As soon as he was done singing, I love how Kristoff says, "I'm gonna tell him!" :lol

Now that's classic!! :yess:

:rotfl

Menzel seems to be the unanimous winner.
There's no doubt in my mind that her version is superior.

Speaking of Olaf's Summer song...

As soon as he was done singing, I love how Kristoff says, "I'm gonna tell him!" :lol

Now that's classic!! :yess:

Isn't Menzel a broadway performer too?

The wife and I always took our 4 kids to all the animated films. Now they range in age from 17 to 21, the age where they would rather do their own thing. The wife and I decided to see it ourselves. We loved it so much that we told all the kids to see it which they all did. 2 of them even took their boyfriends. They all loved it. I don't buy albums but I listen to the main song all the time on youtube. I would put it at a tie as my favorite Disney song with Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid.

Finally got to seeing this today, and I loved every minute of it. From the brilliant short that preceded it to the 'twist' ending, it was a real blast. I also got a kick out of looking over at my 7-year old during one sequence, and her face wore a look of intense concentration and her mouth agape in amazement :lol

Last edited:
+1 for Idina Menzel. The song still gives me chills (no pun intended) because of her performance. I have never, ever listened to a Disney soundtrack, but I've been listening to this one quite a lot. :) I have only seem the movie once but I'd love to go back again.

My Daughter asked to see it again so I took her yeserday, this time to a 3D showing. It was her first 3D film, the first half an hour was filled with her exclaiming, "Daddy, it looks so real!"

Have to say, I think I actually enjoyed it more on the second viewing

Walt Disney Animation gives Hans Christian Andersen's story, "The Snow Queen", their own take by rather telling it as a traditional Disney princess movie, since it's probably too difficult for the original story to a have a faithful film adaptation

I just read that Disney is not releasing the 3D version of this film on Blu-ray in the USA when the disc comes out in March, It is however available in other countries.

Does anybody have any insight into this?

I tend to buy the packages that contain all versions of the film, as I do not intend to double dip later on when Disney decides to release it in 3D in the U.S. I find this news very irritating.

I just read that Disney is not releasing the 3D version of this film on Blu-ray in the USA when the disc comes out in March, It is however available in other countries.

Does anybody have any insight into this?

I tend to buy the packages that contain all versions of the film, as I do not intend to double dip later on when Disney decides to release it in 3D in the U.S. I find this news very irritating.

Disney's practices have been sliding into ??? for awhile now with DVD/Blu releases, wish they'd tighten up a bit.

Well...guess I'm waiting then cause I decided as soon as I left the theater that I was going to own this in 3D. I've never imported a blu ray and am afraid of wasting money, so maybe I'll wait until I get word from someone on here that it is safe to import.

Well...guess I'm waiting then cause I decided as soon as I left the theater that I was going to own this in 3D. I've never imported a blu ray and am afraid of wasting money, so maybe I'll wait until I get word from someone on here that it is safe to import.

This is also what I think I'll do.

Disney is hoping many to double dip in the US. That's the only reason I could think of them not releasing the 3D version here.

Disney's billion-dollar franchise is still not enough for them. :nono

Finally saw the movie today and I really enjoyed it. Think it's one of my fav. Disney movies in recent years. I worried that Olaf was gonna be really annoying but his character worked pretty well. I quite liked his scenes.

Finally saw the movie today and I really enjoyed it. Think it's one of my fav. Disney movies in recent years. I worried that Olaf was gonna be really annoying but his character worked pretty well. I quite liked his scenes.

Some are even saying Olaf stole the show. :D

I enjoyed his scenes very much. :lol

Back