Frozen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

Fans on Twitter are writing that "kids need a good LGBT role model so they know nothing is wrong with them"

My main issue with that statement is, do 8 year olds realize they are Gay at that age? I don't know if that's a subject a lot of parents want to discuss with their small child, seems like it might cause more of a backlash than Disney would care for.

Fans on Twitter are writing that "kids need a good LGBT role model so they know nothing is wrong with them"

My main issue with that statement is, do 8 year olds realize they are Gay at that age? I don't know if that's a subject a lot of parents want to discuss with their small child, seems like it might cause more of a backlash than Disney would care for.
im all for diverse role models but that seems like a very young age to even consider that discussion.

I don't think it's too early for children to see not-straight role models.

So I'd applaud Disney if they actually made Elsa gay but I doubt that Disney has the balls to do it. You just know that if they did go ahead with it, they'd receive huge backlash from conservative groups and possibly see the movie banned in some countries.

1462401518505.gif

Disney would guarantee a financial disaster if they did something that stupid. Which they won't.

Despite prevailing cultural winds, there's still a substantial portion of the population that finds homosexual behavior problematic. They are a substantial portion of the overall population ... and probably a greater proportion of the target audience for FAMILY MOVIES. And family theme parks. And Disney merchandise. Pissing them off to quell a twitter campaign is not a good idea. There's also probably a substantial portion of the population that doesn't find homosexuality especially problematic overall ... but wouldn't want the idea introduced to their five-year-old.

Family movies need to remain as innocent as possible, or they'll lose their audience. I wouldn't take my kids to a lesbian Disney cartoon.

SnakeDoc

Disney would guarantee a financial disaster if they did something that stupid. Which they won't.

Despite prevailing cultural winds, there's still a substantial portion of the population that finds homosexual behavior problematic. They are a substantial portion of the overall population ... and probably a greater proportion of the target audience for FAMILY MOVIES. And family theme parks. And Disney merchandise. Pissing them off to quell a twitter campaign is not a good idea. There's also probably a substantial portion of the population that doesn't find homosexuality especially problematic overall ... but wouldn't want the idea introduced to their five-year-old.

Family movies need to remain as innocent as possible, or they'll lose their audience. I wouldn't take my kids to a lesbian Disney cartoon.

SnakeDoc

:exactly:

I don't concern myself with the sexual preferences of others, but I will certainly avoid broaching the subject with my 7 year old.

Elsa is an established character, a familiar heroine in whom millions of children have invested their fantasies. To politicise her for the purpose of validating sexually aberrant individuals is self-serving, indulgent tosh.

Back