FRODO'S UP!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not be an exclusive and having the likeness off and lets not forget about price, dealers or ebay is the way to go. I imagine alot of people will order for the comfort of knowing they'll get it, but when the time comes half of these people will cancel and buy else where for the cheaper price.

More power to you.

Personally, I think it looks pretty bad. No wonder it got delayed.

I guess I'll be sticking to the 12" LOTR line for now. I passed on Lurtz and I'll be passing on this one as well.

Oh, I'm sorry...but Frode got the shaft. He looks bad. Sorry to be negative but...just....bad. They took such a turn from Lurtz....:nazgul

I gotta agree, very underwhelming. The likeness is surprisingly bad, and the base isn't really as impressive as I had originally imagined.

Definitely going to wait and see with this statue. I am in no rush to purchase since there is not an exclusive.

SS has been known tweak/fix problems before after a piece has been unvieled right? because if it stays like that i don't even think i'd buy that for half price on Ebay. really loved Lurtz and was pumped to get the whole line, but Frodo's kinda the cornerstone of the line (in my mind) and if i don't get him, i probably won't get any.

Can someone post the link? I do not see it anywhere in the newsletter that the Angel pre-order was in even though it's listed in the description.

WHAT THE ????? What is the matter with the sculptors at Sideshow.....I mean come on. Who approves this stuff anyhow? I mean....i am not a sculptor by any means...but i can tell you that there has to be a better way to achieve likenesses of actors.....this makes Weta's version look really good now. I want heads!!!
p.s. just curious are there any job postings at Sideshow for a LOTR likeness Manager cause im willing to relocate!!!
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

p.s.s. Can i get the likeness that was first posted in the teaser strips???/ ;)

It's the same likeness as we saw before, and the sculpt is excellent. The eyes are painted a bit weird, but I'm a bit surprised by this reaction. I must be seeing different pictures than most of you.

Also please keep in mind - express your opinion, but let's curtail the over the top reactions and please make constructive comments.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Okay, I found it. I think the paint job for the eyes looks bad, they look blood shot, but the sculpt looks good. Plenty of time to improve upon it though before it's released.

I will say it again, PLEASE hire a better photographer!!!!

<sigh>

;)

He looks pretty good.

To me, an excellent sculpt is one that captures my attention immediately upon looking at it and makes me say, "Wow, that is dead-on!" This ain't one of those times. Jedi Luke, ROTS Obi-Wan, the new Angel figure, now those are excellent sculpts.

Sculpt itself is solid. Good likeness. May need a bit of a tweak on the paintwork though (can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's the mouth). The eyes are Elijah's. Leaves SS/W's in second place.... I WILL have this Frodo in my collection. :frodo

Pre-ordered Frodo and Angel tonight. Though the likeness isn't quite there for Elijah as Frodo it's still Frodo in the end and that's all that matters to me. I'm thinking I may have to cancel Frodo at some point though since I want to get all the Angel and LOTR 12-inch figures as well. I've not convinced myself that I should spend even more on select LOTR PF figures. Decisions, decisions.

one thing that would help would be if his nostrils were a little bigger. Wood constantly looks like he's flaring his nostrils. something about the eyes too. that's tougher to put a finger on. i think it'd help if the outside pointy part of the eyes (the area where people get crow's feet) were to point upwards more.

Back