FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not exactly. I got Luke; I don't have the hobbits. Probably won't get them until somebody clearances them out (not holding my breath). $70 is the most I've paid for any of my figures. "$70 for a 6" tall toy" made my decision for me.

Too bad. They are of far better quality. I'd also wager by your name that you are more of a SW fan in general anyway.

Psst!(and they're 9 inches) :)

And like i said, if there's two SS figures that are actually worth the 70$ tag it's these guys.

Totally agree with Krayt. Sam and Frodo are definitely among my faves in my whole collection. Tried to sell them once... couldn't do it.

Aside from their flimsy bodies, they're truly great figures. I imagine you can still get $50 or $100 sideshow giftcards on ebay, which really reduces their overall price.

Aside from their flimsy bodies,

My one and only complaint. Otherwise A+

Tried to sell them once... couldn't do it.

If you remember i did sell my Frodo, but felt so bad 4 days later ordered him right up again.(i've never missed a figure so fast) In my defense i had a few beers 4th of july weekend.

Now i need to get Sam

Flimsy bodies and so-so painting on the eyes are my only gripes, otherwise they're some fantastic figures and likenesses.

Go get em People. Yeah with the GC's these are a steal.

011-3.jpg

002-19.jpg

i got mine already ... frodo came with a button missing on his vest and samwise's backpack came with a pot missing... kinda weird since both boxes were sealed contacted the seller and he told me send the defected items back and he'll send a new vest and backpack... pretty pissed off.. i could've gotten the exclusives from sideshow but instead i got the regular ones

local ebay seller... took him two days to ship ... but under these circumstances speedy delivery is not what i want

well aside from these problems that will hopefully be fixed in the next coming days. these are the best 1/6 figures sideshow has ever produced. From the head to the hand sculpts they scream Hot Toys at you! Hopefully sideshow continues to make their 1/6 figures in this manner. I'm looking forward to their Indy and Gandolf.

I decided to ditch the coats on both Hobbits today. They just look way too bunchy (even for fat Hobbits) with them on. That's really my only big gripe with these figures. Now that they're sans coat, they look a whole lot better IMHO.

Yeah it's either the coats of the capes... they actually look tons better with just their vests on.

Agreed. I ditched Frodo's backpack, too (Sam still has his.) Frodo's holding the phial and Sting, so Shelob's Lair FTW. In my mind it's the most iconic look for him.

I've noticed some peoples coats look less 'puffy' - some pics 2 or 3 pages back demonstrate this. My Frodo's coat is almost dropping off his shoulders but my Sam looks fine with or without. Just the good ol luck of the q.c. draw i guess :dunno

I've noticed some peoples coats look less 'puffy' - some pics 2 or 3 pages back demonstrate this. My Frodo's coat is almost dropping off his shoulders but my Sam looks fine with or without. Just the good ol luck of the q.c. draw i guess :dunno

maybe you just have to iron it the way you want it to look.... well for safety precautions put something over it first.

Back