FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry. :lol

I didn't know I helped you start you LotR addiction. You know you'll have to at least snag all of the Fellowship members. They all are pretty good. Faramir's paint was a bit sloppy, but other than that the only real mishap is Aragorn's full bead instead of stubble beard.

Just start counting on getting them all :rotfl

The Fellowship to me is an eventual must but between HT TDK and SS SW they will have to wait. Thanks BTW Buttmunch for the GC and damn you at the same time as I was really on the fence about getting into this line!:mad::D

You won't regret the Hobbits at all. The whole you'll need the whole FS thing never got to me, but these hobbits are also of better quality than the rest IMO.

Personally, i just plan as of now having frodo and sam and gandalf together on a small shelf i have. (But if they make Gimli, Merry&Pippin etc. or some baddies i'll be right there to get them)

The Fellowship to me is an eventual must but between HT TDK and SS SW they will have to wait. Thanks BTW Buttmunch for the GC and damn you at the same time as I was really on the fence about getting into this line!:mad::D

I said sorry! :rotfl

But I hear ya! Hot Toys and Sideshow are really draining me too! Luckily the LotR figures have all be pretty widely available on second chance and here, so I don't think there is any rush in getting them.

Boromir is next on my list as he's one of my favorite characters and his figure looks outstanding. Probably sneak him in next while i wait for later this month for TDK Batman.

I agree with your list above. I think Gandalf will take the podium for gold, once he's released.

Well, my hope is that Gandalf turns out VERY close to the proto, and if so he'll be number one in my book, but I can't count based on protos, Faramir taught that lesson.

As for me ranking Boromir ahead of the Hobbits, I'd say visually, they're probably just about dead equal, though I think the portrait paint on Boromir is a tad better, but overall as figures, some of the frailties/flaws of the new body just hold the Hobbits a tad back from being all they could be. I may swap their bodies out if new figures are ever made on the short body and demonstrate better joint strength. Boromir is a Buck sure, but he's sturdy.

Gotta say a big THANK YOU to all the guys that offered up their Gift Cards on the thread here to help keep the Fellowship alive! That's way to kind of you all, but much appreciated by everyone here.

With the overly generous support of Darth Cruel, I finally have my FRODO on order!!! YAHOO! Thanks, Darth Cruel!

I'm back in the game!

Kryart, again thank you very much also for thinking of me. :)

frodo and samwise just left the US yesterday so I hope I have them by the end of the week. :rock.

then I can get on with customizing/ruining them!

Even though sam and Frodo came with lots of accessories and a new body, you gotta think the $70 tag had something to do with the slow sell. Whether its legit or not, it was too easy to say "$70 for half a figure?"

Also, the exclusives were SO lame. I think the exclusives would have sold so much better if they were the elvin cloaks.

I don't think the 70$ tag had much to do with the sales at all. If there's one (two) SS figures that are actually worth the price hike it's these guys. They were 70$ before they even went up for order were they not?

70$ for Luke or the Hobbits? HOBBITS WIN!

I think there were a lot of people who didn't understand paying above normal price for smaller figures.

Its something I've been saying ever since Medicom and Marmit started producing SW figures, theres a certain point where people look at price before quality.

You can make the best figure ever, but if people don't put value to it at the price you're asking, they won't buy it. $70 for a 6" tall toy must have crossed the threshold.

Either that or people are frankly tired of LOTR. Which is possible considering the amount of stuff that came out since 2000.

I think it's LOTR. It just don't have that SW power for many. Although wait til the hobbit comes out all the fair weather fans will be back lol.

70$ SW figs sell out no problem.(and these are better than any SW figs that have came out lately) Small medicom yoda sure sold out with no articulation

I don't think the 70$ tag had much to do with the sales at all. If there's one (two) SS figures that are actually worth the price hike it's these guys. They were 70$ before they even went up for order were they not?

70$ for Luke or the Hobbits? HOBBITS WIN!

Not exactly. I got Luke; I don't have the hobbits. Probably won't get them until somebody clearances them out (not holding my breath). $70 is the most I've paid for any of my figures. "$70 for a 6" tall toy" made my decision for me.

Back