Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't consider the Mount Doom diorama in Hobbit gear? If not, what pose would you like them to be?

Sideshow may not have too many choices left when it came to their maquette line, as they already created the Mount Doom diorama.

Indeed I do Radagaster. :wave

I'm not that fond of it...I'm not quite sure why...just one of those things I guess.

All I want is the full Fellowship (in the Maquette line) in the gear they wore while they were the Fellowship. :rock

That's why I'll be sure to pick up the Weta Fellowship 3 set. :rock

It's a little small, but what can you do. :dunno

As for Merry and Pippin, definitely they need to be in Hobbit gear, and I anticipate Sideshow may do them while sitting on a brick wall at Isengard for their maquette line. That, or a second lesser choice would be while on top of Treebeard.

My hope was that SS would make all 4 Hobbits as they stood on Weathertop with swords drawn while they wait for the Ringwraiths. :rock

They could have made them in such a way that they still could sell them as 2 sets that fit together nicely to recreat that moment in the movie. :rock

Just buy the old SSW Sam and Bill the Pony, buy SSW Frodo and putem together....

Have them Adolfo :wave

In fact, like you, I have the full Fellowship in the SSW statue line. :rock

:duff
Bill

Last edited:
yes

unfortunately i am pretty sure no new hobbits will be made besides the merry&pippin maquette.

It's all about money, the lotr good guys pf and dio sold very poorly, ss will not waste resources making those statues especially hobbits. For maquette they just made sam & frodo, so highly doubt they will make another version of it. Also the lotr maquette really isnt flying off the shelves either compared to other popular licenses, they barely get the ex soldout at 500 es.

all i want is them to finish merry & pippin in maquette format, then all is forgiven.

I agree with Gagaliya!!! :lecture :lecture :lecture

Shocker ;)

My hope was that SS would make all 4 Hobbits as they stood on Weathertop with swords drawn while they wait for the Ringwraiths. :rock

Bill

That's exactly what I expected from them in the first place.

Only thing I've been waiting for is exactly this statue, so I wouldn't have bought it, but it makes a lot of sense. Good luck to those of you hoping for them.

Looking at the SSW hobbits made 10 years ago it still annoys me they never made FOTR Pippin look...If Weta ever brings back LOTR series statues again they gotta do FOTR Pippin first!

Last edited:
That Pippin ruins it, otherwise it would be a great setup
IMG_1770.jpg

Pippin bugs me man...Fool of a Took!......SSW made all of the other 8 characters in FOTR garb...damn!

The other Sam/Frodo Dio...L/E of only 300 although Frodo looks kinda drowsy...LOL
IMG_1772.jpg

I think if you're looking for a good image of Sam, this one from the Mount Doom diorama is one of the best.

I was happy to order the new Sam & Frodo maquette but as others have said think that Sam does look a little bit off. At this point in the journey his face should have looked thinner but instead appears moon-faced as if he'd been on long-term steroid treatment. On the other hand, Frodo looks spot on and, at least for me, is really the first time that I've thought is clearly recognizable as Elijah wood in any of the statues yet produced.

Frodo looks spot on and, at least for me, is really the first time that I've thought is clearly recognizable as Elijah wood in any of the statues yet produced.

Yep I tatally agree with you there gfdill :wave

I wonder if SS are awair that a lot of collectors feel the Frodo likeness is spot on :yess: and that Sam is off :(. Wonder would they concider getting Sam resculpted. It doesn't happen often, but you never know. :dunno

Bill

Last edited:
I think if you're looking for a good image of Sam, this one from the Mount Doom diorama is one of the best.

This is why I wanted to have this diorama for years but it's impossible to find it for a decent price being only 300 of them :monkey2

And about resculpting the statue.. I wouldn't even believe if I saw it done

Yeah, it's not likely that SS would rescuplt the Sam head :(...but I live in hope...this piece would be far better, if they did get a better likness for Sam...but the piece is very nice none-the-less. :wink1:

Bill

is this statue based on the book license?
because they look NOTHING like the actors.....

gagaliya said:
unfortunately i am pretty sure no new hobbits will be made besides the merry&pippin maquette.

It's all about money, the lotr good guys pf and dio sold very poorly, ss will not waste resources making those statues especially hobbits. For maquette they just made sam & frodo, so highly doubt they will make another version of it. Also the lotr maquette really isnt flying off the shelves either compared to other popular licenses, they barely get the ex soldout at 500 es.

all i want is them to finish merry & pippin in maquette format, then all is forgiven.

Is it too much to ask SS to just make the Boromir PF? I mean, that would have been an epic PF , if there ever was one!

I always wondered how and why certain people come to gravitate toward certain characters. For me Gandalf is sort of it, Aragorn cool, Legolas elegant, Boromir never did it for me for some reason. Unsure why just the way it is. Now why do some like Faramir or even more minor characters.

Just a tip: if you're in the EU and can settle for the reg (who really wants the ex anyway?) S.P.A.C.E is selling this for 225 euro - and if you buy something else you want and put in a order of 250 euro you get free shipping. That's the same US customers pays when ordering directly from SS. You save crazy fed ex shipping costs, fed ex fees, import tax and customs. Bargain of the year.

Back