Friday the 13th: The Final Trilogy Parts XI-XIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear what you are saying Josh. Here's what I had been thinking, have a cult of Jason-worshippers "resurrect" him from Crystal Lake in part XI and the story arc would run through the final three films ending with Voorhees' expulsion of his soul in the last film. By bringing in more occult elements it could be scarier in the spirit of the first two films and less comic-book with lots of carnage. I think it would be a good way to bring "closure" to the series and then "re-imagine" the original origin story after it in the way you have described.

Jason and Freddy worshippers was one of the possible plot elements in the many scripts for Jason vs Freddy.

Glad it wasn't used.

And here is a tip: movies, all movies are made for $$$$$$$

No kidding, Evilface? Gee, I thought they were making avant garde artistic films with this series. :lol Point is, I grew up with this ridiculous series of films and even though I do not consider myself to be a fan in any way, I at least want to see them reach part thirteen because I think everyone pretty much always assumed that it would end there and why not? They have done 10 films, made a lot of money, built a cult following, and they have only 3 more to go which only means more money in the bank. Besides, it would give SS more Jason's to make including Roy and NY Jason. Jason Freaks would rejoice.

DarkArtist81 said:
Jason needs that kind of love as well, he needs to be put back into the public consciousness as an object of pure terror. Our 80's horror icons are great for what they are, but time has eroded their fear factor. Bad sequels and bad directors have further sullied their good names. So I am all for a remake... or better yet... a reimagining. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm 100% behind a remake/reimaging of Jason. The TCM proves that a remake can work if done right!

Yeah, I just don't know where you are getting the 13 films assumption.... No one I've ever met has said that they expected that many films. It just never even popped in my head.

Kinda like saying there should have been 5 Fifth Element movies.....Just because there is a number in the title does not mean that the series should end at that specific digit.

Besides, the cult aspect was tried in a Jason book and was silly/retarded. There is no way you could stretch the story for another 2-3 films and make it watcheable. It would be the final nail in the coffin for the series. I'd much rather just have a reboot. :cool:

I think we need to remember what makes Jason who he is????

A Near- Unstopable Killing machine!! With out that (comic book feel-y) Jason just isn't Jason!!

I don't think re-inventing Jason is the way to go.. just continue it with a new story with no worshipers.. remember that what made the Halloween series dumb!!

Jason X and FvJ Rocked!!!! :chew

Jason goes to Hell and Jason takes Manhatten=Boooo!!! :monkey2

I love the F13 films and think a good re-boot is the way to go. I don't want a just a generic splatterfest. I want a good story behind it giving these movies some weight they never had but always deserved. F13 can be so much more beyond the same script they've recycled for so many movies. And I may be biased here, but I think an origin has been long overdue.

IrishJedi said:
No cult aspect, please. HALLOWEEN 6 is reason enough to avoid that concept altogether. :monkey4

Exactly! That film was crap....like all the Halloween flicks post H2....

Same goes for any Jason film post F13 part 7. And New Blood (Part 7) only had a decent atmosphere and awesome makeup. All the rest of the series was complete and utter crapola. FVJ was decent, but still nothing like classic Jason. Jason X was garbage.

And I agree with Toupee, an origin is far overdue....

Just finished watching Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X. Holy crap those two films SUCKED royally hard. I cannot believe these films even got made. Granted the Friday the 13th series has never exactly been high on plot but at least the first 8 had some kind of story. Jason Takes Manhattan was over the top but I enjoyed the hell out of Jason's NY rampage. It was fun in a ridiculous way. As for Jason Goes to Hell, how could even Sean S. Cunningham produce that piece of crap? It makes absolutely no sense from beginning to end. Why was Erin Gray in that film at all? Funny, I just met her at Comic Con a few months ago and I had no idea she was in this film. Was she so desperate for a paycheck that she had to defile her career? I'd have more respect for her if she was forced to become a prostitute. Even Stephen Williams from X-Files participated in this unforgiveable atrocity. That ending was so pathetically awful. I wanted to see Jason IN Hell, literally. In fact, all these years I always just assumed that's what happened that we see Jason damned to hell and since he is the ebodiment of evil that he finally joins the minions of evil in the underworld. I kept waiting for the payoff and all we get in the last shot is a hint of the obvious Freddy Vs. Jason film that eventually would come to pass. That was just stupid. And somebody explain to me how this Jason-creature crawls inside of Erin Gray's corpse womb and Jason is reborn looking like he did at the beginning of the film dressed in the same hockey mask and clothes? Does that make any sense at all? Who wrote this stupid crap? They deserve to be strung up by their testacles and whipped to death. Jason X was almost as bad but I went with it to try to have some fun with the concept but again, the last shot of the film made it clear that both of the New Line produced Jason films are clearly making fun of the other films in the Friday series unapologetically. At least they had half-way decent stories. We had the Tommy Jarvis arc from Final Chapter, New Beginning and Jason Lives to Tina and her telekinetic showdown in The New Blood. Now I understand what Josh and the others are saying about a more serious Friday the 13th film and not continuing the series for another 3 chapters. If New Line is producing crap like this no way in hell. Still, I have this lifelong desire to see them reach a conclusion of some kind at part 13 but only if the last 3 are similar in style and tone as the suspensful first two films in the series.

i'm surprised that no one pointed out that a Friday the 13th remake would have Pam as the killer.....

From what I hear this isn't a "remake", or is not a remake as we know them. They are taking the concept of Jason but doing their own thing with it. Hmmmm, So I guess the TCM wasn't really a remake either, not in the original sense of what a Remake is at least.

Back