Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was one of my grail model kits when I finally found one on eBay. I love that little thing. Thanks for asking though.:)

Excellent job, Surfer! So, another one of the proud, few owners of the Kaiyodo Vinyl 1/6th scale Jason! Like you, I have the original that's cast in orange that came in the plain light brown/tan box with Japanese text on it.

I got the original (orange) back in the 80's and it was really expensive way back then - I remember it being around $125, possibly $140 and the few people who would have one up for sale would sometimes sell it for $200-$275! Back in the 80's! It was a grail to even non-Jason collecting toy/model collectors.

I also have the same 1/6 Jason in an even lighter tan/grey box with a large silver Kaiyodo sticker on front that depicts Jason in a reverse shadow graphic (I have never seen this version anywhere - it's cast in a dark blueish-grey vinyl). This 2nd version (which I picked up somewhere between '91-'93 I think), I actually built it up and painted it back then, as I assumed it would be readily available to buy another further down the line to keep boxed. Apparently it wasn't, as I've never seen that version again.

Then of course there's the 1/6th Jason Goes To Hell Screamin'/Kaiyodo re-issue with a totally different head sculpt and no Savini head.

No doubt, the Kaiyodo kit is one of the coolest pieces ever released for Jason/Friday. It's one of those items that has to be seen in person to get the full effect.

Exchangeable heads is the way to go IMHO. This way they keep both looks clean. As far as accuracy, until we see better picks, I think people should really hold off on the accuracy whining. Just my 2 pesos. :huh

No ones whining here
More like just saying.

I do expect alot should go into this figure but like you said we'll have to see. I just wont Sideshow to make this thing top and unbeatable but then again WHO CARES right

Like you, I have the original that's cast in orange that came in the plain light brown/tan box with Japanese text on it.

I got the original (orange) back in the 80's

I also have the same 1/6 Jason in an even lighter tan/grey box with a large silver Kaiyodo sticker on front that depicts Jason in a reverse shadow graphic (I have never seen this version anywhere - it's cast in a dark blueish-grey vinyl). I've never seen that version again.

Then of course there's the 1/6th Jason Goes To Hell Screamin'/Kaiyodo re-issue with a totally different head sculpt and no Savini head.

No doubt, the Kaiyodo kit is one of the coolest pieces ever released for Jason/Friday.

Cool, somebody else knows all about this kit, too.

I have both as well. I actually got the gray one first, and then found the orange one. That's why the orange one is only built up, and not painted. The painted one is the gray one.

In fact, my first version was a resin recast. The head on my painted one is the resin recast. Being resin made it easier to modify. The hand on my painted one is the Goes to Hell hand with the Savini hair sculpted to it. I liked the way it hung better. More natural with that hand.

Check my customs thread (in my signature) for pics of the Goes to Hell head painted up on a custom base.

The Kaiyodo kit is no longer made but an ebayer has a recast of one. You can get it and have Nathan paint it! :clap
https://cgi.ebay.com/10-JASON-FRIDA...221394864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_1454wt_913

Thanks for the plug, Q. Beware eBay recasts though, especially in vinyl. Vinyl shrinks when you recast it leaving you with a smaller version of the original, and details are often warped. I have never bought a vinyl recast from eBay that was worth even the cheap $$ I paid for it.

Attention Freaks !!! Please join me in teaching a lesson of elitism to those fools at the F13 site who are sayin that this PF will suck and that its not what the jason fans really want.

"For the haters(I.E.—>Poor people),I suggest you keep buying low end collectibles like Neca and Mezco."

:rotfl

Those guys can wish on a star for < $50 12 inch figures all day long, but they just don't have realistic expectations.

"For the haters(I.E.—>Poor people),I suggest you keep buying low end collectibles like Neca and Mezco."

:rotfl

Those guys can wish on a star for < $50 12 inch figures all day long, but they just don't have realistic expectations.

Well, I'd say you can wish in one hand and ____ in the other and see which one comes first, but at the end of the day you'd be holding a MEZCO 12" and still wishing. :huh

Nam that was awesome.

Getting the thread closed over there was beautiful.

:bow:bow:bow

Now back to this bad ass collectible.

lol@ you guys caring so much and getting your panties in a wad over it

Who got their panties in a bunch? I read some ridiculous statements and posted what I felt was going on. Then only returned after Voorhees accused me of getting it locked. :lol

Nam that was awesome.

Getting the thread closed over there was beautiful.

:bow:bow:bow

Now back to this bad ass collectible.

Hey, what can I say? Truth hurts? :huh:lol

Yeesh, that sucks. I think I would rather just have the ____ than the Mezco toy.

One and the same except that one has corn in it. :monkey4

Last edited:
NAM DID IT! :nana:

*Immediately runs for the door but slips and falls down the stairs putting his back out*

:lol:rotfl:lol Had that happen to me my junior year of HS. Jock ********* jerked on my ponytail hard then bolted for the stairs, slipped on a paper and tumbled down to the landing. I enjoyed slowly beating his ass as the fall rendered him all but immobilized. :lol

That might turn into a catch phrase.

Thank Deak. He's the one who coined, "You got NAM'D™!!!" :lol

Back