FREE signed Children of HURIN book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetaWork said:
Fear not my friend. Once we can confirm that Gideon and Lonnie receive theirs from dayhiker, you are next in line. :D

Hey, Woodsy... you scored 12 copies!?!? Damn!!!! I wish I had some friends or family with me. Getting many PMs? :rotfl

Well, I like being next in line! Getting a copy to add to my collection would mean quite a lot to me.

WetaWork said:
Fear not my friend. Once we can confirm that Gideon and Lonnie receive theirs from dayhiker, you are next in line.

Am I still on the list? I'd really love to get a signed copy!!

--Chris

Hmmm, so I'm 8th on WetaWork's list... (Woodsy is off, right? :D)

Which brings me to a point: Hey Woodsy, you were asking for WetaWork's kindness in getting you a copy at cost plus maybe a lil' extra for the effort, are you willing to return that generosity to the members here? I would REALLY like a book please... :monkey3

Beren

P.S. I even considered, briefly, flying to NYC from Toronto, to obtain one and get in line and all that but I just bought 7 SSW statues and a bust from KitFisto. Kit! They all arrived safely! :chew
P.P.S. How much was the book at B&N?

Last edited:
WetaWork said:
Fear not my friend. Once we can confirm that Gideon and Lonnie receive theirs from dayhiker, you are next in line. :D

Hey, Woodsy... you scored 12 copies!?!? Damn!!!! I wish I had some friends or family with me. Getting many PMs? :rotfl

That is very, very generous of you to keep me on your list like that! :bow

I'm pretty sure I will be getting one from dayhiker and his friend, but I will certainly let you know once I do, so you can help Tom or someone! This board just rocks too much!!! Group hug!!! :grouphug

puppet pusher said:
Am I still on the list? I'd really love to get a signed copy!!

--Chris

Hey Chris,
I never had a chance to ask how you liked the King Kong armature!

(I didn't feel like finding that thread at the moment, so I hope everyone will pardon me for the slight derail...)

lcummins said:
Hey Chris,
I never had a chance to ask how you liked the King Kong armature!

(I didn't feel like finding that thread at the moment, so I hope everyone will pardon me for the slight derail...)

Hi Lonnie!

The Sideshow Kong armature was a difficult call for me. I had it on pre-order as soon as it was announced, but after I saw it at last year's Comic Con and I found out that only the head was going to be an actual casting off the original and that all else was a recreation, I began to lose interest.

I have a few actual puppets and real stop motion armatures, why was I going to buy a sculpture of one? Anyway, the short version of the story is that I canceled my order. I can't say that I haven't had moments were I regretted my decision, but overall I think I made the right call for me.

Still, whenever I see one in a shop or at a friend's, I stop and look it over for a while.

Did you get one? Can you get it to stand up?

--Chris

AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD........

lcummins said:
That is very, very generous of you to keep me on your list like that! :bow

I'm pretty sure I will be getting one from dayhiker and his friend, but I will certainly let you know once I do, so you can help Tom or someone! This board just rocks too much!!! Group hug!!! :grouphug

i am hoping to get an extras for people i have pmd...but i cannot confirm until i have the books in my hands. thanks for understanding. gideon, are you still interested?

Dayhiker
YES - I am going to get the book from you. I did send you a PM but your mailbox was overloaded. When I get the book from you them Wetawork can fill the next person in line. So I am counting on you my friend.

hmm... pretty confused who should i ask if there's any extra available.

i would be interested in a chance to purchase this book if it's going for below ebay prices which i can't afford.

so if anyone has an extra to let go or could point me in the right direction, ples do let me know, thanks!

puppet pusher said:
Hi Lonnie!

The Sideshow Kong armature was a difficult call for me. I had it on pre-order as soon as it was announced, but after I saw it at last year's Comic Con and I found out that only the head was going to be an actual casting off the original and that all else was a recreation, I began to lose interest.

I have a few actual puppets and real stop motion armatures, why was I going to buy a sculpture of one? Anyway, the short version of the story is that I canceled my order. I can't say that I haven't had moments were I regretted my decision, but overall I think I made the right call for me.

Still, whenever I see one in a shop or at a friend's, I stop and look it over for a while.

Did you get one? Can you get it to stand up?

--Chris

AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD........

Yes, I got one (#5 !!!). I haven't displayed him yet, so I don't know if he will stand up, but I've read a lot of what others have said, so I think I can get him to when the times comes to display him. I understand about canceling him... I almost did a couple of times myself, but I'm glad I didn't.

I really really want a signed book... :monkey2

PM me with offers :monkey1 as I'm guessing I won't make it as 8th on WetaWork's list (unless others get their books from someone else)

Beren

I'm not big into signatures but this is the main reason I only get things signed in person.

Fritz said:
I'm not big into signatures but this is the main reason I only get things signed in person.

Agreed, most autographed items (80-90%) on ebay are fake. This one in particular was an obvious fake as the sigs looked terrible and were not on a bookplate. It's amazing how blatent and arrogant some of the sellers are.

It disgusts me that ebay allows this to continue. Especially amoungst the movie posters and sports memorablia. These fraudulent sellers basically have a license to print money as long as ebay gets their cut.

My favorite was a Bakshi LOTR film poster signed by JRRTolkien himself. Now that was something. I remember reading the signature of the actor who played Gimli - the last name was spelled DAVID on a poster. Ebay did have a bunch of original/official New Line stuff complete with New Line certification and hologram - thats as good as you can get there.

Back