FREE signed Children of HURIN book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetaWork said:
Chris (Gideon), Lonnie, Tom... if I'm able to get them, your all covered.

We can work out the payment and shipping info when we get closer to the release date and availability on the edition types.

Thank you so much!! You are my new best friend!!! This really means a lot to me.

:chew :chew :chew

From the Q&A at tolkienlibrary.com:

Q: Will Christopher Tolkien be doing any signings?

Christopher Tolkien will regrettably be unavailable to attend any signing events. However, Alan Lee will be signing copies of the book in the UK and further details of these events will be available here.

The Forbidden Planet books are signed by Alan Lee. The books at Barnes and Noble have bookplates signed by Lee and Christopher Tolkien. Speaking for myself, having the signature of CT - the man who shepherded much of Middle-earth from its inception - is the hot signature that has me excited. Alan Lee is a fantastic artist. But make no mistake about it - the Tolkien signature is the prize here.

gideon said:
The Forbidden Planet books are signed by Alan Lee. The books at Barnes and Noble have bookplates signed by Lee and Christopher Tolkien. Speaking for myself, having the signature of CT - the man who shepherded much of Middle-earth from its inception - is the hot signature that has me excited. Alan Lee is a fantastic artist. But make no mistake about it - the Tolkien signature is the prize here.

Absolutely, my post above was not meant to imply that Forbidden Planet's online sale would include CT sig. It was just an alternative (albeit, less appealing one) for those unable to secure any type of signed copy by any other means.

WetaWork said:
Absolutely, my post above was not meant to imply that Forbidden Planet's online sale would include CT sig. It was just an alternative (albeit, less appealing one) for those unable to secure any type of signed copy by any other means.

Ah! you are right... the prize is that of CT signature... too late for i think your hands are full now...

For the New Yorkers planning on waiting in line: The Children of Hurin Line Party

For everyone else, don't worry, there may or may not be some giveaways for the Deluxe edition, and this Deluxe edition may or may not be signed by Alan Lee and Christopher Tolkien, and there may or may not be a press release for this event coming out this weekend. And this may or may not be the leaked details of the event. (With plenty more guests/prizes yet to be added)

Maybe this will finally get some SSFers into the chat!

Bad news guys:

As originally feared they have changed the limit from 5 to 2 per customer:

https://www.theonering.net/index.shtml

As of now I have no one joining me on the line. Anyone who was relying on me should try to make alternate plans. Sorry guys. :(

WetaWork said:
Please no more PMs after the timestamp of this post.

I'll do what I can do for those first few who have expressed interest. If I'm able to obtain additional copies, I'll contact those in the order interest was expressed.

So far, as I mentioned earlier... 1. Chris (Gideon), 2. Lonnie, 3. Tom... if I'm able to get them, your all covered.

Alternates in the following order:

6. Puppet Pusher
7. ifu03612
8. woodsy
9. Beren
10. Mudshark

WetaWork said:
Bad news guys:

As originally feared they have changed the limit from 5 to 2 per customer:

https://www.theonering.net/index.shtml

As of now I have no one joining me on the line. Anyone who was relying on me should try to make alternate plans. Sorry guys. :(

I was afraid that 5 per was too good to be true! Thanks for offering Weta! Anyone else going to be there? I'll make the same offer Gideon originally made; I'll pay for your book as well as mine, and we can discuss expenses! Anyone?

we are lucky to get a couple of signed books. i have sent some pms to those who asked for them. please let me know soon as you can.

thanks. woohooo!!!!

dayhiker said:
we are lucky to get a couple of signed books. i have sent some pms to those who asked for them. please let me know soon as you can.

thanks. woohooo!!!!

A HUGE, BIG, GIGANTIC THANK YOU to Ed!!! He has made one of my dreams come true!!! Man this board has some really great members. I love you guys!!!

lcummins said:
A HUGE, BIG, GIGANTIC THANK YOU to Ed!!! He has made one of my dreams come true!!! Man this board has some really great members. I love you guys!!!

Any more available??? :eek:

Back