Franchises that only have one great movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know tons of folks will disagree, but I'd put Raiders on the top of this list.

While ToD and LC have their supporters and arguments can be made that either are good, solid films, it's hard to deny Raiders "great" status.

Also, don't forget The Exorcist.

Alien > Alien 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alien Resurrection

If you go by the thinking that one was trully “GREAT” a classic of all time and the rest ok then I’ll agree with Indiana Jones.

Batman Begins is my favourite too!

But I do love the other two. Begins just has this more raw indie comic book vibe that I really like.

I'm struck by the fact that some of these "franchises" have follow-up movies that so pale in comparrison to the originals ... that I'd completely forgotten they were even franchises. Like Jaws. It took me a minute to even remember that they made three sequels!

The Omen is like that for me, too. As is Psycho and The Exorcist. (Though there is a soft spot in my heart for Exorcist III. Underrated, in my opinion. But still not "great.")

Psycho is a good one. No Hitchcock film should have had a sequel, though of course, Hitchcock himself reserved the right to remake his earlier films.

Friday the 13th parts 3/4 come to mind, Evil Dead 2, arguably Dawn of the Dead. . .I would say Ghoulies 2, but I doubt anyone cares about the Ghoulies franchise :lol Same goes for guilty pleasure Silent Night, Deadly Night 2. Cronenberg's Fly was technically a remake, as was John Carpenter's Thing. Both were superior to originals, but they weren't part of the same "franchise" as the originals.

Back