FOTR in the AFI Top 100 Movies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
The Fellowship of the Ring made #50 in the American Film Institue's 10th Anniversay of the AFI Top 100 movies of all time! :gandalf

Saw that and made me happy as a fan. I do think all 3 are worthy of being on there but I will take one.

I'm only on #79 so far. Thanks for the spoilage :lol :lol I'm glad one of the movies made it on. Glad it wasn't RoTK, I think that movie's a bit overrated, but FoTR is the favorite.

Darth Caedus said:
I'm only on #79 so far. Thanks for the spoilage :lol :lol I'm glad one of the movies made it on. Glad it wasn't RoTK, I think that movie's a bit overrated, but FoTR is the favorite.

Oops! Forgot about the left coast! Sorry man! :eek:

I am sure ANH will be the only Star Wars one as well (even though Empire was better.) They seem to like the first ones in those types of series.

I remember when they did the first top 100, and I can't believe it was ten years ago. I have to check out this new list and see how things have changed over the last decade. Glad to see LOTR in there now! FOTR is my favorite as well.

A lovely bit of news to wake up from a hungover to.

Always preferred FOTR to the other two, glad the AFI agrees. Of course, it would be even better if they listed the EE version.

tomandshell said:
I was glad to see The Searchers jump from #96 all the way up to #12.
Deservedly so!

And nice to see that Blade Runner movie make the list. :D

Some nice new additions and some surprising shifts in position--both up and down the list. I would like to see a list of the films that were knocked out of the top 100.

It was good to see newer movies that are destined to be classics...LOTR, Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank Redemption, Toy Story.

It's also interesting to see Raging Bull jump 20 spots to #4. And I have a feeling The Godfather will one day take over for Citizen Kane at #1.

I definitely don't share the love for Citizen Kane and would not feel bad one bit if it gets dropped down a notch or two when they do the 20th Anniversary list.

I think the AFI is full of crap, and take their opinions about as seriously as a diluted internet fanboys :)D )

BUT It's totally cool FOTR got some props. Can't hate that even on a bad day.

I've watched Citizen Kane a couple times and never understood why everyone puts it #1 on their lists, just a case of the "me too".

2001: A Space Odyssey is tops IMHO.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I think the AFI is full of crap, and take their opinions about as seriously as a diluted internet fanboys :)D )

BUT It's totally cool FOTR got some props. Can't hate that even on a bad day.
Same thoughts except I wanted ROTK to be in there but 1 out of 3 ain't bad at all.:D

Back