• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Forum Commerce Rules: EVERYONE MUST READ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Rules for the sale/trade forum - must read!

I like the limited bump rule, that was getting overly annoying. :clap

I agree and however at the same time was guilty of. :eek: Maybe it would be better in the commerce section to show like 25 threads or 50? Just a thought. :peace

Not at all, as far as I know and we have discussed the new rules at length, the trades portion of it hasn't changed.
I know nothing has been mentioned about changing anything about trades.
Hope this helps
x :peace
We certainly don't want interfere with trades such as that. We're trying to get an unambiguous set of rules so there are no questions or arguments about what's allowed.

However I don't really see a problem with a "I have all this loose stuff to get rid of, what do you have for trade?" kind of post.
Good deal, thanks for addressing my concerns swiftly. I've run a large internet forum before, and the real make-or-break is how responsive the staf is; you guys are doing great in that department. :clap

Sounds like this breaks the whole "Pre-Order" rule.

In the end, it's still a pre-order that you are trying to flip.

No, only "pre sales" threads trying to sell on the board are not allowed. If someone wants to post a link to their eBay auction in the proper section, selling something before it is in hand, it would be allowed, but probably frowned upon.

Is it possible to make the requirement for using the For Sale section that the person in question both has a certain number of posts (say 100) and has been a member for a certain amount of time (say 3 months)? If possible, it seems to me that using a combination like this would be the best, since it makes it much tougher for someone to try and game the system.

Is it possible to make the requirement for using the For Sale section that the person in question both has a certain number of posts (say 100) and has been a member for a certain amount of time (say 3 months)? If possible, it seems to me that using a combination like this would be the best, since it makes it much tougher for someone to try and game the system.

I think that is a pretty good idea.

That should eliminate the post blasts to get to 50 in an hour.

Ahhhhh.....finally...dave decide to clean the commerce section.i agree with everyone of his point of view.i knew i was fighting the good fight the other day.have faith in the worm please.

I am new and I don't wish to insult you, so my apologies to you in advance. just to point out the weakness with this philosophy, your new rules state that people are not allowed to complain or comment in the For Sale thread, but they can do so in another thread? Sounds like a contradiction that's apt to find trouble sooner or later. Good luck.

YOU'RE GONE.

Great Idea! I believe The RPF uses the same criteria.

I do like the fact that new rules have finally been placed. It was getting to the point of discouragement for me to sell here.

Was there a rule in there about members must reply to PM's or to an offer? I'm really tired of not getting PM's or a reply on an offer I posted.

I do like the fact that new rules have finally been placed. It was getting to the point of discouragement for me to sell here.

Was there a rule in there about members must reply to PM's or to an offer? I'm really tired of not getting PM's or a reply on an offer I posted.

I don't think that is a rule. However, common sense should tell you not to deal with a person who is not responding.

My this thread is a major point of public interest. :lol

I think it should be mandatory that if a member wants to start selling items in the SALE section they MUST show their location under their avatar. This way you don't need to ask where are you located. Just an idea. :D

YOU'RE GONE.

strike 3 for kodiak/tylerd/quark/GOH :lol

anyways, i think this pretty much clarifies what will and won't be tolerated in the commerce section. good stuff.

Dearest jbinny,

I have edited your post for clarification.

:D

Holy ^^^^, I just noticed, Tylerd is gone

Just wanna say thanks to Dave and the mods for cleaning up this section and throwing out the trash.

:duff

Back